The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Glass Alchemy & Studio Alchemy Open House

Default Glass Alchemy & Studio Alchemy Open House

Found this on facebook, posting here in case any of ya in good ole PDX area might be interested, I figure I'll be there if I have the time...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11350556_10153312911245102_3195141835553530053_n.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	75227

Default Re: Glass Alchemy & Studio Alchemy Open House

Tomorrow night. Should be awesome.
    Jed's Glass on FB

" Comfort is the killer of creativity"

Aye! I am looking forward to it!

/me is nursing a nasty hangover... I apparently got really drunk at the studio alchemy open house last night... I basically don't remember anything past maybe 30 mins into sitting down and watching people make cool stuff, not even going home... Bought 4 bus tickets on my phone I guess eeep

So... if you ran into me after the first hour or two and I was a douche nozzle I apologize. Sigh... at least I got some cool glass and got to chat with some cool folks before the wine mixed with the beer and my night ended. I even got to "meet" Johnny Carr and finally scope out his awesome aborted fetus pieces in person.

And in other announcements... I bought a lbs of a rev33 color called Serum. And though I think it is really neat in effect, the colors are not really to my taste. So if anyone wants to take it off my hands at cost and shipping, I am down to sell it:

Left is in daylight, right is under florescent lights... there will almost certainly be more of this at the DFO I imagine... but for anyone not going there/missed the GA open house, here ya go... I can check but I think everything there was selling at 100 a lbs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11401454_10155608281185265_6671384286523677510_n.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	75542

edit: I just checked my bank account and even though I bought a lbs of this and a lbs of rain drop tubing it only says 160, I am going to assume both were 80 a lbs as even though the tube has some bubbles or something in it, I am pretty sure it was still considered a "first" and was the same price for everything... per a lbs... if someone knows better let me know...
    Last edited by gomilobster; 06-18-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Dibs if available still

Whats sad is there were both a blue and a purple mixed with electric flamingo... or encased??? Either way I am pretty sure I would have enjoyed either of those a lot more :/ I didn't know what any of them looked like though because I didn't see any online posts about the specifics before I went, already have a lbs or most of a lbs of EF still and you basically had to buy them sight unseen in a big ole line. In case anyone is wondering why I bought it to begin with LOL. It would be nice to see a green/blue or some other colors with this effect though. And for anyone who digs a light yellow/peach I imagine it will be snazzy shit

damn I hope i didnt miss this.
    instagram - @tomw4

It looks even more pink under a compact fluorescent bulb vs the peach in a long tube fluorescent I notice as well.