The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: let me see your inside out!!

Naughty let me see your inside out!!

I had this thread idea from the let me see your wrap and rake. I have been working on inside outs when I had time away from prodo, and I am starting to get good enough that I am using better colors that cost more and going all out a little more. I couple of these are good, but the best one I have ever made checked like the fuck, and it was the heavy blue leprechaun that checked. please give me a list of colors that are gonna want to check with ISO work. and on top of that, let me see your baller ass inside outs so I can get some ideas and admire. lets do it folks, dont leave me hanginClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	77588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	263 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	77589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	77590
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Stegee Lurker

Default Re: let me see your inside out!!

The more sparkely the color, the more likely it will check under clear unless babied through annealing. HBL is an awesome color and high on that sparkely scale. Try garaging your kiln around 950 while you work and then anneal for standard times at the end of the day. When I was hard into ISO I'd just make them regularly all day, with the kiln at 950, and the last couple/few last ones I'd crank it up to 1050 to anneal the batch.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Figured I share this again
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    I hot rod crack 38, 44, or 50 usually into a 3" both open end tube and stick them in the kiln to heat. punty up TO THE SIDE of the tube and do work inside, both ends are open so its easy and no flare back . then grab one end with claw grabbers heat and marver the other end to attach blow tube. marver other end down closed and ready to go. IMO easiest and fastest way to do it. no flaring, minimal marvering.
    Takes a little while to get used to drawing inside the tube because you can't spin it, but you'll get used to it.

those cut tubes in the back ground are what I punty up to the side of.
    Attachment 71184

I was hoping to see some art, i will stick with my inside out method, not really interested in changing it

Formerly known as Skuzz

Are you gonna show some of the work you made with this method?? I was not looking for new ways to do ISO

Formerly known as Skuzz

please give me a list of colors that are gonna want to check with ISO work. and on top of that, let me see your baller ass inside outs so I can get some ideas and admire. lets do it folks, dont leave me hangin
    I'm confused, in your OP you specifically asked for help with color choices and ideas but in your last comment you said you don't want to learn knew ways to do ISO.

sorry dude, I was just posting it. No need to get butt hurt. If you click the first link it's a pic of finished pieces. I thought it would share the pics not links. To save u the trouble of opening a link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-9.jpeg 
Views:	300 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	77611

just post a pic man, I am cool with the method I have. I would have asked if I thought I needed a new method

Formerly known as Skuzz

let me see your baller ass inside outs so I can get some ideas
    try the open tube tech...you might be pleasantly surprised. i watched a dude do it like that (ka9ak) and first was like wtf, then watched him do it a few times and it looks way easier. i haven't yet tried myself, more or less just chiming in that it's a pretty easy way to do it, and also very easy to get them all the same size if you cold cracking the tube and preheating the blanks in the kiln.
    every pipe the exact same size.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Out of the 5 different techs I've seen, this is my favorite.
    "The Goat" thanks for sharing this great technique.

Here's some off my phone.

Last edited by The Goat; 08-24-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Inside out reminds me of a Cosby sweater, and gets me haunted by the cos. If I made one I would call it “Fallon’s favorite”. because of how many times jimmy Fallon had Cosby on his show even after like 100 rape charges. I don’t like to see people wasting their time it’s precious.
    Some of the time I think about marbles especially lensed crown marbles when I’m running on the treadmill and my eyes get relaxed enough to follow the focus of the marble I’m rotating in my mind and and I get an “eye trick” that reminds me of focusing a microscope. Basically a chunky mechanical looking microscope shape crossed with a squat engine and body with all clear blue gears that looks like it’s made out of ga alchemy rain drop or similar is the easiest on the eyes functional piece art piece. I saw this thing on viceland tv at the end of a dinner session I can’t find it online. The shimmery transparent blue jelly looking gears are the coolest. Pieces that resemble things that are famous for lenses are worth a closer look. If it relates to lenses it might sell to a marble or paperweight collector but not me I’m just interested in selling marbles and pendants. Often times a great piece resembles something you don’t have at your house that you wish you did.
    Last edited by dansean; 05-31-2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Last edit I swear

I really like the Look of Goat. I would suggest all the Glass Alchemy colors. A lot of the northstar colors like cherry and canary are nice also. You actually use less color on inside-out at a lower temp. So it's all about melting the clear and the amount of energy it takes to melt the glass. I mean you will put twice the time into the piece but half the color to get the same effect.

Didn’t realize this was a how too... Remember to plug your blow tube when you start shooting flame into ur tube or bubble so ur handle doesn’t heat up too much. I’m not interested in justifying a Dr. that’s y I give a safety tip.

bump

ISO with flash on

Last edited by Zed; 02-24-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    just post a pic man, I am cool with the method I have. I would have asked if I thought I needed a new method
    classic...

you started this thread...where is your pic...just sayin
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

2 more amigos

Here’s a bubb I did.