The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thank you all SO much

Default Thank you all SO much

Hi folks. I really appreciate all of your support and participation for our final AGI. We had a great run, and it's time for me to retire from the show since I am no longer able to run it myself anymore. Scott Hallam (Rock Rat) and his team did an amazing job in making this THE best AGI ever... No drama, no bullshit, just an amazing week of glass workers coming together for the sole purpose of teaching and learning from one another, in addition to bonding the community and making new friends from across the country.

Although AGI is over, Scott will be taking the reins and creating his own event here at Wonka World to keep things going... With the same theme as, "We are all teachers, and we are all students. I saw this as the end, but in reality it is a new beginning.

Adam Villarreal (Mr. V) presided over a ceremony in which Elaine and I renewed our wedding vows after being married for 20 years. The line that stuck with us the most is when he said that "We feel like we're your children"... Wow, what an honor!

To all of you that have been here, you are part of the AGI extended family. All of you have an open invitation to stop by here and have a place to stay and / or work during your travels. We've accommodated many people throughout the years and will continue to do so for those of you who need us... Just give us a call.

I want to thank you all for such a beautiful and memorable event, and it's such an awesome feeling to go out on such a high note. I would like to list names of people to thank, but the list would be 80+ names long. In closing, We love you all, and thanks for making this place what is today for your participation and support over the past 15 years. If you would like information about the next chapter of Wonka World and what next year's event will be, please contact us and we'll pass your information along to Scott so we can keep the magic going.

One more thing: I have to give a special shout out to our one and only sponsor, Glass Alchemy, LTD. They started their company the same year of our first event and we have supported each other from the beginning. Thank you so much GA, and cheers to many more years of your dedication to the glass community : )

Much love and respect,

Tom and Elaine Doner (a.k.a. Mr. and Mrs. Wonka)

The Glass Blowing Center
    114 Leonard Road
    Hilliards, PA 16040

(724) 791-2100
    info@glass123.com

Default Re: Thank you all SO much

No, thank YOU!

Really bummed I couldn't stay for Saturday's festivities. Hope you all had a great time!

Tell Scott to hit me up if he needs any help with whatever's coming down the road. I'm not that far away.

We love you Tom & Elaine! Thanks again!
    "Badger, my ass; it's probably Milhouse."

Love you guys. So glad it went well. I am pretty sure I get to come hug you both pretty soon.

Aymie

Tom it was the event you and Elaine put on that has inspired me to push harder, share more , listen more, give back to the community that has given me so much.
    I have had more network opportunities and new friends made at your events over the last many many years than all other events combined.
    I can't thank you enough my friend. It super to see you and catch up a bit.
    Thanks Tom and elaine. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Sincerely Jay aka GWS
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

Bummed I couldn't make it this year, but I'll always have great memories of the years I did make it. Thanks for running a great show!

Loyd