The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nortel Major-Minor, GTT Lynx, and a small front-loader analog kiln for sale

Default Nortel Major-Minor, GTT Lynx, and a small front-loader analog kiln for sale

The lynx is almost brand new, so I want full retail plus shipping, or $500 US shipped anywhere in the US or Canada. I don't want to lose more $, you can skip the wait list.

The major/minor is old, was my first torch, and one of the ports on the Major face has been plugged since before I got it many years ago. Minor is a perfect beginners torch, and for an extra hundred bucks or so you get a huge burner under it. $250 ? It's been collecting dust for years and it's got silver/gold/whatever all over it. I didn't clean it up at all to snap photos in the sun, it adds character. Works fine, knobs are good.

I bought the kiln off a knife maker. It's an analog (infinite switch) front-loader kiln made by a Canadian company called SCHOLA. It goes up to 2000f apparently but I never took it past 1100. I was running it with a separate digital controller but the last owner marked the analog switch dial with temperature markings. I had planned to raise the door up an inch or so for punties/blowtubes (would be easy to do) but I upgraded to a bigger kiln instead. $250? Inner dimensions 10"x10"x4.5", brick not fiber. Decent quality clean little analog front-loader. Can ship if needed but I'm also posting it for sale locally.
    If you're Canadian and your shop is insured, it's the only kiln I've ever seen that's CSA approved.

Lynx looks/runs like new, little bit of discoloration on the barrel end but you can scrub it if it bugs you, it doesn't bug me. Minor runs good though the barrel is dented, Major runs fine w/ the clogged port, the candles are a touch longer in one corner. I took it apart and flipped the square face 90 degrees once and the longer candles flipped with it, so I'm sure the face insert is just dirty. I saw a Nortel Major rebuild ( I think on Glassline forums ) where the guy soaked the square face insert in coca- cola and it cleaned up brand new and shiny brass. I didn't bother to do that. It's totally usable as is, just thought I'd describe as best I can because I didn't hook them up for flame shots.

I can't melt glass at the moment and it's not very easy for me to get flame shots.... I've been on this board for years and I'm not out to rip anyone off. Paypal or Money Transfer or Cash/pickup on Vancouver Island.

Default Re: Nortel Major-Minor, GTT Lynx, and a small front-loader analog kiln for sale

Dibs on the lynx. Have cash in hand. I'll pm you for purchase directions.

Default Re: Nortel Major-Minor, GTT Lynx, and a small front-loader analog kiln for sale

how much for the kiln shipped?
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Let me know once your ready to finalize the deal on the lynx. I have paypal ready to go.

I'll go there and weigh the kiln today and figure out packing materials for the Lynx. Canadian turkey day so the post office is closed until tomorrow, I have afternoon off tomorrow so I can get down there.

Lynx is sold.
    @discretionglass, the outer dimensions are about 12"x17"x20" but I don't know the weight, no scale that big where the kiln is, bottomed out the one I had. 35-45lbs roughly, I'll take a bathroom scale with me next time and weigh myself holding it. Zip code?

Lynx is shipped, buyer has tracking #. Kiln is just shy of 50lbs. I had another kiln shipped cross-country and he just took off the handles and wrapped it in cardboard. This ones shaped different but if I could do something like that the weight & dimensions came out at $86 to Boulder CO, $110 to MS, $118 to FLA. 5-6 business days. Plus insurance and signature confirmation and tracking, and the weight of the packaging. Pretty sure I can do $350 shipped anywhere in north america for the kiln or 300 shipped for the Nortel. West coast I can probably knock a few bucks off, dimensions/weight are posted so you can look into it yourself.

Hi I'm new but looking for a kiln. Is you'd still available?

Would you take 200 for the Nortel? I'm interested

Note:: You have to look at the dates when looking at the ads...The last date he posted was 10/15/2015... I presume everything has been sold by now as there hasn't been any new posts on it... If not then I wish you the best in your search..

Kiln and Lynx were gone 6 months ago but I actually still have the major/minor. Some local kid wanted me to save it til Xmas for him and I thought it would be cool to have a stoked rookie to melt with. I never heard back from him and I haven't even looked at that torch in months, it's in a tote in my storage with no hoses on it. $200us plus shipping seems fair. I can take another photo of anyone cares, I might even be able to hook it up w flame pics. The first guy to call dibs on the Lynx on here bought it, I've bought lots of stuff on here but not sold much except that.

I'd be interested still if you posted those pics with it working