The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any color gunmounts

Default any color gunmounts

Hello all in TMP land, I'm searching for gunmounts in whatever colors. I have plenty of glass related trades available like good American color, creature eye millie, Gilson opal cabs in various colors, shapes and sizes for your top quality works of art, or you name what your looking for and I might just have it! Please pm all responses as ill likely take all I can get, then we can work something out for cash or trade. Thanks ahead of time to any and all who may be able to help

Default Re: any color gunmounts

TMP has some gun mounts to auction soon!
    ~Misha

These come from old TVs, right? Any CRT type, or is there an age range? How much is there in each tv?

Theres not many in each tv, any tube style has them. Usually only a couple per set, but people have found them in bulk( before used in TVs), that's what I'm looking for. Theyre also super hard to pull out in one piece! Always metal electrodes or such stuck in them.

I'm donating 1/4# each of the light tan and dark brown ones for the birthday auction. I think another person is donating some as well.
    The most helpful bit of advice I've ever received:
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    -don't give up. it's more than a job, it's a lifestyle.
    www.nocoastglass.com

Are gunmounts hard to find these days? I havent used any many years, and I havent paid any attention to the availability. I love how they grey out on some colors, the whites are still some of the best ever, and that baby blue was top shelf. I always just assumed there was an unlimited amount from overproduction (except that moss based brown).

There also the gun mount guys on FB. I haven't ever dealt with them though...
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Glass I have known and loved

can someone please post a picture of anything made with one of these gunmount colors. The "earth" og aka Gun mount brown especially. I realize this is the key to making the OG moss, but i'd like to see it in raw form.

from what i can tell alot of the hype is misinterpreted information that has snowballed into this frenzy. I may very well be wrong, that's why i'd like to see some pics.

I think that at one point the gunmounts where sought after by glass artists, but i think that time was in the past. From what i understand our color pallet has advanced to far superior levels vs the past. When the gunmount colors where big, there weren't any colors available for retail, that's why people used to want them...

Last time I bought gunmounts was 04' or 05' at Winship. 5 lb bags, and I am pretty sure they were $45 a bag. But back then when draconis went out of business nobody was buying those colors, and I bought a shitloa at $12 a pound. Crazy kids that dont even work glass are buying colors up for rarity and collectibility I guess (nuckin futs). I was tought that the price of glass was never something to look at because what we create is always worth more than the materials, but the materials in and of themselves have no value.

Last time I bought gunmounts was 04' or 05' at Winship. 5 lb bags, and I am pretty sure they were $45 a bag
    i hope you people can see this...5 pounds...45$.

I'm sorry but sometimes kids these days

i will say this is a small step up from the stories about people buying old "vaseline" glass/old soft glass that is uranium and thinking they can use it for boro...

Someone i personally have known for years who doesn't blow glass, has occassionally ran some things by me that i've had to correct and just shrug off.

makes me feel like we are basically a secret society, and others just have there theories and what not...
    Last edited by LooseSeal Baller; 12-03-2015 at 10:44 AM.

I just got hold of a few, green slyme colored ones, but the color is dull in comparison. Have not melted them yet, i got five of them. Probably gonna let the shop mate chomp on them
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Never used those, but be aware, it's sintered glass (heat pressed into shape instead of melted.. The color shifts considerably between what you see in the gun mount, and what comes out when you're done.
    The most helpful bit of advice I've ever received:
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    -don't give up. it's more than a job, it's a lifestyle.
    www.nocoastglass.com

Maybe I should add some to your auction Do I. Send them to you? Was wondering today what to donate. MISHA
    Last edited by sunray; 12-04-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

Still no luck, and so everyone knows I'm old-school lol, 18+ yrs workin boro and I know all about the colors, some do suck but more of them are really nice. I hope for pink, light and dark green, light blue, or Brown. I also donate to tmp, and maybe we can work something out so tmp still gets donations but I get gunmounts either way, best wishes to you all!

Hit me up Suzuki, never had pink that greyed but intetested in seeing some/ getting some. The one color I'm not interested in is the black right now.

Ok so now I have some black, yellow, dark brown, and tan on the way. Looking for pinks, greens, and blues if anyone wants to sell or trade.

One of the auctions is for pink greens and blue I believe, should start next week
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Thanks for the heads up, still looking beyond that aswell though

Just received a free 1/4 lb of assorted colors from Sunray! Thanks so much for the Xmas gift