The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: EU a review, US33 a debacle.

Default Re: EU a review, US33 a debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi The Don View Post
    Decided not to call yesterday to see if they would call me after not calling me back the day before still no call
    Yeah you're probably going to have to initiate all communication with them. I went through a situation with them last year were they sent the package to the wrong address. Every time I called for an update I got the same "I was just about to call you" spiel....dunno man maybe we're just psychic For what it's worth, I told them to contact me when the US33 glass was up to their standards and I have yet to be contacted by them.

Thats really funny, because they are the only glass supplier to ever call me to solicit business. Nobody else ever calls me out of the blue trying to sell me stuff, but EU has about 5 times i think.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

I called today and asked for a shipping label to send a case back and a refund, Barry said okay. Waiting to see what the refund will be, hopefully they refund the shipping as well. But I'll still be stuck with glass I don't want cuz I cut up a lot of the first case trying to get glass I could use. Oh well.

After I get my refund I'll update about how it went and what was done to solve my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Case is in the mail.
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

I'll specify that the case that's in the mail is a case that I'm sending back, not a case coming to me.
    I received the return label promptly and accurately when I requested it.

PENNSYLVANIA - CALIFORNIA - COLORADO - OREGON

Yes, this is a problem and we do apologize for this inconvenience greatly!
    US33 is a new product produced in New Jersey.
    American glass is considered to be one of the best, if not the best in the world due to the very pure US silica.
    Eugene, the owner of EU Glass Inc., put a huge effort to create and bring to our community an affordable German made product by Schott “SBA” years ago.
    He is putting a huge effort again to create the new “US33” AMERICAN made product.
    This is a new product line for the New Jersey Plant and they did a great job on all the sizes although the larger OD heavy wall was very challenging to make all perfect from the start and it slipped through quality control.
    We are getting a tremendous amount of the positive feedback on the glass itself.
    The production glitches will be fixed and our community will benefit and enjoy the new American made borosilicate, US33.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience James. If you or anyone else has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call us at 215-957-6600.
    EU-Glass #: (215)-632-0202
    Email: sales@EU-Glass.com

Literally all I have seen and read is a tremendous amount of negative feedback. Screwing up and blowing people off has been the trend that I have heard from most consumers on here, all your "positive feedback" Im guessing is coming from facebook? A bunch of inexperienced consumers "love" your product because you gave them free shipping. I find it both somewhat hilarious and also maddening how large companies can fuck up so bad, and then just be like "hey guys! Sorry! We're just workin out the kinks ya know!! Our bad!!! It'll be good soon!!!".

Whatever dude. Get your shit together. Stop selling garbage.

There is no excuse for sending these guys cases of damaged scratched up shitty glass. It also sounds like your customer service has been less than stellar.

Actually it sounds like they have batches of glass they need to get rid of to recoup material costs while they figure it out. Good thing I am no longer in the business of being anyones guinea pig.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

I just bought a pallet (20+ cases) of this American Glass. What the fuck? Do I need to go through all my cases looking for bullshit so I can get it fixed if there is a problem..? I've used a tube of 38 and a tube of 26 and they seemed OK for the price. There was a small stretched out bubble (roughly 4 inches) in the tube of 38 but colored surface work took care of that. Here's hoping I don't have a giant pile of shit glass in the shop.
    my torch is hotter than your honor student
    http://www.glasspipes.org/dOprahWinfrey

Quote Originally Posted by dOprah Winfrey View Post
    I just bought a pallet (20+ cases) of this American Glass. What the fuck? Do I need to go through all my cases looking for bullshit so I can get it fixed if there is a problem..? I've used a tube of 38 and a tube of 26 and they seemed OK for the price. There was a small stretched out bubble (roughly 4 inches) in the tube of 38 but colored surface work took care of that. Here's hoping I don't have a giant pile of shit glass in the shop.
    I would sort through it all so you get compensated now. If you don't and you find it months down the road you may not get what you deserve.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

There are two different processes that are used to pull tubing the danner and vello processes .. one of them has slightly worse tollerances and maxes out at about 50mm. The other is used buy most major manufactures.

I get them confused some times but my guess would be that the us33 is being made with the process that has worse tolorences and maxes out around 50mm . Given the problems with larger size tubing and all .

"Brought to u buy the same guy .. who brought u seconds relabeled as "artistic" "

Honestly I hope old boy isnt sinking to much $$$ Into this effort . When corning drops its american made tubing later this year .. the ONLY selling point they have thats valid is going to be out the window.

I would like to see the us33 used with a stump sucker honestly I think that would be one use where it would shine .

It's funny you mentioned tolerances. I just scored and snapped a piece of 44x4 and took the vernier calipers to it. Turns out it's 43x3.5 definitely outside the tolerances of Simax. Sweet this tube is more than12.5% less glass than I paid for...

the returned case was dropped off this morning before 12, so i'll update as to how the refund process goes.

It's funny you mentioned tolerances. I just scored and snapped a piece of 44x4 and took the vernier calipers to it. Turns out it's 43x3.5 definitely outside the tolerances of Simax. Sweet this tube is more than12.5% less glass than I paid for...
    Its all smaller? Or its all over the place size wise?

I feel for Doprah.... Fume is your jam right? Do you have any opinion on fume-ability of the us33?

Does the glass look clean? No bubbles no scratches on the glass you have looked over?
    Last edited by BORO; 01-18-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Case was dropped off and signed for by LEE before noon, no call or email yet

Quote Originally Posted by BoRo View Post
    Its all smaller? Or its all over the place size wise?

I feel for Doprah.... Fume is your jam right? Do you have any opinion on fume-ability of the us33?

Does the glass look clean? No bubbles no scratches on the glass you have looked over?
    I tried some of the 44 and it fumes like shit, worse than sba.

If anyone is stuck with this glass, loves fume, and hates SBA, maybe I can help. I get really vibrant colors from SBA. I fume a really hot tube (just under glowing), heavy gold and light silver, then cook the whole thing in a flame that has a single thin line of orange/yellow through the center until the mirrored metallic shine is gone. Might work for this stuff as well.

Aymie

But your mixing gold in the mix .

Sure I get more colors out of silver fume when I put gold with it .

Word is this stuff is easy to over fume just as SBA

And it does make you wonder. Why it took so long to find out SBA was culled out product from a more expensive lline .

I have seen that statement many diff places . Is it actually really seconds Duran?
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

Quote Originally Posted by jr23 View Post
    But your mixing gold in the mix . Sure I get more colors out of silver fume when I put gold with it . Word is this stuff is easy to over fume just as SBA And it does make you wonder. Why it took so long to find out SBA was culled out product from a more expensive lline . I have seen that statement many diff places . Is it actually really seconds Duran?
    The artistic line just means it doesn't follow scientific standards or tolerance for size. It is still first quality glass.