The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Armadillo Art Glass Initiative

Default Re: 2016 Armadillo Art Glass Initiative

Anyone know what that sewing machine fetched when sold. My mother keeps asking since I showed it to her.

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    Anyone know what that sewing machine fetched when sold. My mother keeps asking since I showed it to her.
    I'm not sure how much it sold for but I know it supposed to go to the Smithsonian at some point, which is fucking sweet because it's functional!

Niiice.

I'd guess around 30k. But again just a guess.

Last weekend was the best weekend I have had since starting to blow Glass! Got to travel down to Austin, Tx and finally get to rub elbows at AAGI! Paulsafo invited us into his home and we had a blast at our “Glassblower Sleepover”. Paul and Ronnoc treated us right, fed us, kept us entertained, and also jammed out some cool stuff! My only regret is having to work and not being able to spend Weeks up there with you guys! Thank you and Ronnoc so much for your hospitality, food, and love you gave and showed us constantly! I met so many people that it’s hard to even keep names straight, Super glad I got to meet Tons of Forum Members in real life.... It was sooooo surreal sharing stories with people you've talked with for years but have never seen in Person!

Forum shouts out to Kage, Mecha, Aymie, Losiwells, Jesuskrust, Bowlpusher …Of course Paulsafo, and anyone else I may have forgot!

My Next trip is definitely going to be to Dallas sometime in the near future so I can go bug Jesuskrust for a few days

I will throw this out at as warning/Guide tip for next year…
    If you are sitting there saying “man, I wonder if it worth it…” or “It can’t really be that cool…can it?!?” I can wholeheartedly say that I will be back for every year that I can physically make it!

I can tell you I bumped into soooooo many names in the Glass community that it was truly overwhelming!
    I got to talk with Harold Cooney for hours, see his Mobile Fish van, and hold a 30lb log of cane Prep.
    I shared with Corrine Winters the funny story of not being able to get my nickname on the forums cuz she stole it!
    I got a Hug from Aymie!
    Met and bullshitted with Kevin Ivey without even know who I was talking with!
    Met with tons of Folks from the Michigan Glass Project!
    I Shared the Story of the TMP Football league with Northern Waters (Katie).
    I got to talk with Salt about the industry and his shop in general.
    I got to watch JD finish a handle of Whiskey by himself!
    I watched some of the best in the industry collab for a great cause!
    I got to tell Mike Shelbo how much I loved his torch tips and get a GA poster signed by him.
    I had the pleasure of pushing/bumping into Mike Raman like 15 times at a party (He was on the Stairwell) before even knowing who I was pushing past!

This was literally the best place for me to get inspiration, direction, connections, and met people who just generally love this industry!

I mean…Where else can you have deep conversation with people that truly understand everything you're talking about/went through and can guide you to where you need to be going!
    Where else can you ask in depth questions directly to the artists?

Soooooo many awesome people in one place… I can’t wait again til next year!
    Last edited by oG Glocc Coma; 05-26-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Very cool.

If you donated to armadillo let me know! You get a fancy badge to show what a bad ass you are.
    ~Misha

oG!...

it was nice to meet you too. I'm just hoping the fellow you met and called LouisWells, was meant for me, Losiwells. If you did indeed meet a Louiswells, then I am pretty much feeling like an idiot right about now.

Anyway, when you do make it to the dfw area, I'll be more than happy to meet up with you too along with Jesuskrust since we live in the same town. I can't speak for Kage or Mecha but I bet they would be willing to do the same.

Like you had mentioned, it was nice to be able to put faces with forum names. It's that instant "hey, I know you" feeling, surreal indeed! Until the next Armadillo...

Quote Originally Posted by Losiwells View Post
    oG!...

it was nice to meet you too. I'm just hoping the fellow you met and called LouisWells, was meant for me, Losiwells. If you did indeed meet a Louiswells, then I am pretty much feeling like an idiot right about now.

Anyway, when you do make it to the dfw area, I'll be more than happy to meet up with you too along with Jesuskrust since we live in the same town. I can't speak for Kage or Mecha but I bet they would be willing to do the same.

Like you had mentioned, it was nice to be able to put faces with forum names. It's that instant "hey, I know you" feeling, surreal indeed! Until the next Armadillo...
    YAY! CARLOS!

Yea that was you, I was just brain dead while writing! I fixed it now though and can't wait to come visit you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    Very cool.

If you donated to armadillo let me know! You get a fancy badge to show what a bad ass you are.
    Sadly enough I was a bum and didn't bring anything to donate NEXT YEAR I WILL BE READY!
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

I had a great time again this year, thanks to all who came out! Hey misha! Gimme dat badge yo!

Kage, Paul, Mecha, Bowlpusher, Dizzle, Harold Cooney, JRoss, SPG all need badges.

If I am missing anyone, know that I am bad with real names versus glass names. And I have to say, I am a little bummed that Losiwells (is your last name Montez?) and Jesuskrust didn't identify themselves for me like OG did. I love my melting potters and always want to be able to put faces with the people I know from here.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped make this year great. Everything ran smoothly and I can't wait to hear what we raised this year. Still selling the glass at the moment.

Aymie

What's Jross's forum name now? And SPG

got the rest.
    ~Misha

Was a great time as always. Great to meet you OG and everyone else. Had a great Indian food dinner with folks on Saturday, good times. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth to chat and shop. And of course, special thanks to Craig, Aymie, and the whole AAGI crew who make it such a wonderful time. Craig's dad is the real MVP! Dude worked all weekend. See y'all next year!

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Quote Originally Posted by Aymie View Post
    Kage, Paul, Mecha, Bowlpusher, Dizzle, Harold Cooney, JRoss, SPG all need badges.

If I am missing anyone, know that I am bad with real names versus glass names. And I have to say, I am a little bummed that Losiwells (is your last name Montez?) and Jesuskrust didn't identify themselves for me like OG did. I love my melting potters and always want to be able to put faces with the people I know from here.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped make this year great. Everything ran smoothly and I can't wait to hear what we raised this year. Still selling the glass at the moment.

Hello Amie. Yes my last name is Montez. I met you last year but it was in the middle of you doing something so you were distracted. This time around I didn't want to be one of those people that walk up to you while you were busy and interrupt. Next year I promise to interrupt you and introduce myself...

Since your're handing out badges at this time, mind if I get one two?

Quote Originally Posted by Aymie View Post

Sorry Aymie, I almost walked up to you but you seemed busy and I didn't wanna distract you. I totally wanted to meet you though your posts on here are some of my favorites I'll make sure I do next year for sure I have actually been the last 3 years in a row I'm just shy.

Man, How did I forget Dave@ABR! Thank you for your dedication to our industry Dave! I appreciate all that you do to straighten out issues and work with us on a personal level!

Quote Originally Posted by Losiwells View Post
    Hello Amie. Yes my last name is Montez. I met you last year but it was in the middle of you doing something so you were distracted. This time around I didn't want to be one of those people that walk up to you while you were busy and interrupt. Next year I promise to interrupt you and introduce myself...

Since your're handing out badges at this time, mind if I get one two?

already got you
    ~Misha

I am terrible at remembering people I meet during that weekend. It's so many. Feel free to interrupt me next time for sure. Thank you both for coming out and thank you Carlos for donating your time to help us raise money!

Misha, I think JRoss is still budman and we probably got him a badge after the first year. I thought SPG was his name on here but I will find out. Thank you for handing out badges.

Aymie

It's S.Pierce

Aymie

Got them both
    ~Misha

AAGI WAS A FUCKING BLAST. Love you Aymie. That was an epic time. Good to see err body and meet some of you for the first time. Kage- we gotta collab some time. Carlos, I got one on the way one day for you. I love this shit. Hell yes! WOOOOO HOOOO.