The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuji PXR3 Ramp/Soak Temperature Controller - $95

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

Default Fuji PXR3 Ramp/Soak Temperature Controller - $95

I have a Fuji PXR3 temperature controller for sale for $89, with free shipping (USA only). The controller is in excellent condition. The full model number is: PXR3RAY1-4V0A1

Specs:

Main control output - Relay
    Alarm output - Relay
    Ramp/soak capability - Yes. Can be configured to store a single 16 segment ramp/soak profile, or two separate 8 segment profiles.
    Controller can be powered by anywhere from 100 - 240Vac

The PXR3 is the same controller that Aim and The Glass Hive use in many (all?) of their digitally controlled kilns. Here are links to the PDF user's manual, data sheet, and installation/wiring instructions.

This controller is extremely compact and will fit in almost any exclosure. For those unfamiliar with the size, the first photo in this post shows it sitting on top of a roll of packing tape, while the last shows it on a $20 bill.

Paypal payment is easiest, unless you're local to me and want to pick it up in person. Then cash works nicely.

Brad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_front_lit.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	81333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_front.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	81334 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_top_label.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	81335 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_label_side.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	81336 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_label.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	81337 Name:  pxr3_back.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  138.5 KB Name:  pxr3_date.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  102.5 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxr3_bill.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	81340

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

Default Re: Fuji PXR3 Ramp/Soak Temperature Controller - $95

OOps... I just took a look at this thread and realized I screwed it up. I had originally planned to list the controller for the $95 mentioned in the title but then while I was composing it decided to lower the price to $89 instead, still with free shipping. Although I can edit the text of the post, I can't edit the title, which is the part that needs it.
    Last edited by brads; 01-27-2016 at 11:57 PM.

Id like to snag this if its still around. I sent you a private message.

Sale pending...

I know this aint the right place but thought you might be able to help. I have the exact same controller and just went in my shop and turn my kiln on and the controller says llll and it wont come on any idea on what that might be

That isn't much info to go on, but it sounds like you might have thermocouple troubles. See if you can find anything that makes sense to you in this. It's from page 70 of the PXR3 manual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuji_errors.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	81534

If that doesn't help, my recommendation would be to give Instrumart a call at 1-800-884-4967. Their technicians are very helpful and also very familiar with Fuji controllers.

It has also occurred to me (duh...) that I never marked my controller as sold, which it is. I'll leave the thread open for a while longer in case slaughter needs more help. Then I'll close it.

hey slaughter ive been through that with the pxr3. first thing to is to flip over the kiln and make sure that one of the thermocouple leads has not come loose from the controller. if all looks good and when you turn on the kiln still getting LLLL, then un plug the thermocouple from the slots and in its place run a jumper wire between the two and turn on your kiln/controller. if you get a read out of the temperature and not the LLLL again that means you need a new thermocouple. If you still get the LLLL well then the controller is fried....so order a new one from brads!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deez View Post
    hey slaughter ive been through that with the pxr3. first thing to is to flip over the kiln and make sure that one of the thermocouple leads has not come loose from the controller. if all looks good and when you turn on the kiln still getting LLLL, then un plug the thermocouple from the slots and in its place run a jumper wire between the two and turn on your kiln/controller. if you get a read out of the temperature and not the LLLL again that means you need a new thermocouple. If you still get the LLLL well then the controller is fried....so order a new one from brads!!
    Great advice. Shorting the thermocouple terminals is a good way to determine of it's the thermocouple or controller.

But as far as ordering another PXR3 from me if it is the controller, you're unfortunately out of luck. The one I posted earlier in the thread was the only one I had. (I do appreciate the thought, though. Thanks Deez. )

Ok thanks guys, i didnt do anything it just started working again

Probably means that your thermocouple might be coming loose from the controller...might want to flip it over and tighten everything up to avoid future issues.