The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About us / AGI

Default About us / AGI

Hello friends. First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for your continuing support for our event, as well as all of the likes and shares on Facebook. I have received numerous emails and phone calls about the Art Glass Invitational / AGI 2016 and I would like to clarify several points, and describe what this is all about.

-As we have done for the past 15 years, there will be a large and diverse lineup of demonstrators, which will include many aspects of glass working. In addition to scheduled demonstrations, you will learn just as much (if not more) by watching and working with each other. Our motto has always been, “We are all teachers and we are all students”.

-Our facility was built BY glass blowers, FOR glass blowers and was designed precisely for this event. Unlike other glass gatherings, AGI is large enough for you to get to meet many people, yet small enough to get to know everyone personally throughout the week (average attendance of 80 to 90 people). We are located in a rural part of Western PA- A quiet retreat from what many of you are used to.

-Since we have designed our facility from the ground up, we have 50+ torch working stations throughout 5 buildings, an outdoor boro hot shop, a demonstration area that seats 100 people as well as several outdoor demo areas. In addition to this, we stream live video on multiple monitors outside as well as upstairs in our air conditioned lounge.

-Also located upstairs is a glass supply store to take care of everything you want or need… including things that you didn’t know you needed! Raw materials (clear and color), tools, torches, etc.

-Our outdoor kitchen and dining area was designed to cook for 100+ people, and have everyone eating comfortably in various settings: rain or shine... Multiple seating arrangements will find our guests mingling in a setting where the most novice glass worker is sitting next to the most experienced… and everybody is equal regardless of how long you have been working with glass.

-We offer free camping in 3 wooded locations, private shower rooms, 12 bathrooms (professionally cleaned every night), an ice freezer, and multiple campfire areas. It is regarded by many as “Glass Camp” and has been a staple in the industry for the past 15 years… and from the beginning we have had only one sponsor; Glass Alchemy LTD.

-Our ticket prices are $700 for an “A” ticket, which includes a reserved work station, and $600 for a “B” ticket which includes everything except a reserved torch space (although you can work on other torches with permission).

-AGI has always been the best value for any glass event… It is life and career changing, and something you can’t afford NOT to attend. The cost will be recuperated within a month or so, considering everything you have learned and the contacts that you will make.

Thank you so much for listening, and PLEASE SHARE THIS… We reach many people on Facebook but we’re not very active on other forms of social media. That being said, we look forward to seeing you in August… and a big thanks to everyone for your past, present, and future support : )

Much respect,
    Tom Doner (a.k.a. Mr. Wonka)

Default Re: About us / AGI

Best glass show in the industry, hands down! If you haven't been don't miss it! Find a way! It is soooooo worth the experience.
    ~Misha

Let me know if y'all need help setting up and taking down

doublecee Lurker

Paid for my spot today! Cant wait!

Gonna be another great year at AGI. West coast demos,east coast demos and no coast demos on the way!
    Plus the same great crew from last year! Raffles, Door prizes, Poker and many other things to come!

It's not poker without Puff Danny

This is great news!!! Everything sounds fantastic! I want to be there!