The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recent transactions with Aura Lens

Default Re: Recent transactions with Aura Lens

I understand customer service BUT I also understand that I want the very best available to me when I am looking for eye protection! Mike has never been anything but prompt and courteous to me, even when asking questions that probably most of you would have already known. I even ordered the lens kit for my Iphone and love it! I think most anyone would have bristled when reading an email such as you sent, maybe its your communication skills that need a little work?

Shellie

@apop - You say "His attitude is ridiculous and totally unprofessional, personally insulting. He seems actually mentally unstable to me, paranoid and somewhat delusional." ......I think this is more true about you than it is about him. How was your initial response not exactly ALL OF THESE THINGS? Unprofessional, personally insulting, paranoid, delusional. I can't imagine that in the real world, you deal with people with veiled threats, semi veiled insults, and an overly self righteous attitude. If you do, I would love to see the response you get from people who treat all other people the same. In any case....I have no idea why you thought your initial inquiry was acceptable, but it wasn't. If i had been Mike, I'd of been really offended, too. You say that when you are in business, you need to be professional, polite, and cultivate your people skills. Are the students you are teaching part of a business you operate? Because you seem to have completely failed to act professional or polite. I also can't imagine that starting a business relationship by threatening the owner of the business you want to work with could be considered "people skills". No one would appreciate a customer that acted like you did, and your actions are not excusable by the fact that years ago Mike had some issues (a time when i suspect you probably didn't even blow glass, because your approach and seemingly lack of knowledge about mike and his CURRENT reputation (since you said his reputation is bad), seems to imply you might be new to the industry.)
    And after all of that, and him basically telling you to go fuck yourself, which you deserve with your "Hello, I am a seemingly polite customer, please do me right or i will fuck you big time" attitude, you say that because he didn't eat your shit, that you will "dissuade people from buying his products and tell them about his attitude" Where can I talk to your business partners and students about your heady rich kid entitled attitude, and lack of respect for other people? People who want to work with you might want to know about your shitty behavior. I know I wouldn't do business with you after seeing how you acted towards Mike. You threatened him in the first message, and the threats even continue now. Your response to his response is unreal.

Story time - I thought I might give you a little bit of helpful advice Apop. I blew glass when Mike had issues, and I saw first hand how people had had trouble. Since then, I've seen him make an admitted return to the industry, and I've seen him patch up relationships with pretty much everyone. I had the same concerns you did, and you know how I handled it? I messaged Mike, and I talked to him. I didn't threaten him, he didn't owe me anything, and I didn't try to bend him over a barrel, We just shot the shit. He clearly cares about his customers and his business. He has personally helped me with non-glasses related topics more times than i can count, for free. He has helped me set up probably 4 studios now, with one of them being a giant commercial space for a BUNCH of people. He did it for FREE. So that I (and my students!) could be safe. He's never asked me for anything in return. I've bought at LEAST 4 pairs of aura lens in the last two years from him, and everything has went well. Now you know how i feel about Mike? I like him, respect him, appreciate him, and I'm not worried about him. That's how you treat someone when you have a concern, like a person. Had you of had even a little respect for him as another human being, and not threatened him, you likely would of got a response from a totally different person. Even now, your threats persist. You're going down the wrong path in this industry. The one thing I can say is that after all the help Mike has provided me, the least I can do is speak out against people like you when they pop up.

Mike way way more then nice, the initial email basically was to the effect.. "I hear you are an asshole but you should kiss my butt for money."

Getting personal is not how you do business, say what you need, get a quote, pay the bill and go away happy is how it should work. Get a clue dude.

I know I would have not been so kind as Mr Aurelius.

Apparently Mr. Matson has a long history of abusive business relationships:

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/...-91.3632896,5z

(I actually didn't know you could look up a person's Google review history. Interesting.)

And this e-mail arrived about 10 minutes ago:

You’re fucked up, guy. What the hell is this piss-drinking thing? Is that just a random insult you like to hurl, or what?

Guys like you always cry that they’re being “threatened”. I am going to laugh my ass off when you go out of business. That’s not a threat. That’s a promise.

Along the way, if there’s anything I can do to hurt your business, I’ll probably do it, honestly. I’ll steer everyone I can away from you, and I’ll talk shit about you to anyone who will listen. And if I can help a competitor of yours, I’ll do it, provided one ever appears… Man, there’s a market space there, just waiting to be filled by a non-asshole company… Hmm.

You’ve generated ill will, senselessly and singlehandedly. You're happy about that? You think that’s fucking funny? Then laugh it up, motherfucker. You’re a fucking asshole, and I’ll laugh when you go under. We’ll see who’s laughing in a few years, Mike. I’m going to cost you a lot of money, starting with the $500 you just lost, today. I just posted a “NO AURALENS” sign in my shop. You happy? You think that’s funny? Laugh it the fuck up, dude. You just made an enemy of another human being, for no good reason. You’re a bad person, Mike. You think that’s funny? You’re sick.

And if it makes you happy to believe that I don’t have a workplace or a torch, or students, then be happy. I have nothing to prove to you. Quite the reverse. You needed to prove to me that you’re worth doing business with, and you just failed. I’m too demanding as a customer? Great! You’re a shitty supplier. Later!

Thanks for demonstrating that you are, in fact, a complete fucking asshole. That was my main concern. That’s what I wanted to know. Now, excuse me while I spend my money elsewhere. Yeah, I know, you think I don’t actually have any money, and I was just here to annoy you. You don’t believe I really exist. You might want to get those delusions and paranoia checked out, buddy, because you are fucking crazy, and not in a good way.

Yo, reality calling- I’m a potential customer you just alienated for life, and irritated, to boot. Two days ago, I wanted to buy your goggles, but now I want to hurt your business, because you’re such a fucking prick. Great social skills there, Mike. Great business skills, too. Wow. Obviously you don’t need the money, because you inherited enough from your daddy that you don’t need to be a real businessman, nor a human being, and you can act like a piece of shit to anyone you choose. That’s clearly your attitude. Well, fuck you and everybody like you, Mike. The second a competitor appears, you’re done. Count yourself lucky you have a monopoly for the moment, mr. big-fish-asshole in the small-glass-glasses pond.

You are such a dick, dude. Even if I am "nobody in the glass world”, even if I did live in a car and drink my piss for whatever reason, you really ought to be nice to potential customers, or at least professional. Your rep online is really bad, personally and professionally, and potential customers have a right to ask if you’ve gotten your shit together… Which clearly, you haven’t. I guess you think you only need to be nice to big-name “somebodies”… Sad. And hey dumbass- I might be the biggest glass shop in NM next year. I might be starting up. Did that ever occur to you? Guess not.

Whatever; you’re an asshole and you’re never, ever, getting any of my money, even if your product is the absolute best. I’ll buy a pair of Aura’s used, if Philips don’t make me happy, but I will never, ever give you a dime, because you’re a fucking asshole. We done yet? Now please shut the fuck up, and quit emailing me.

Happy online stalking, fucktard. I don’t live online. I think you might have me confused with somebody else, but I truly do not care what you “think” about me, or anything else. You probably ought to shut up and just make glasses, if you can do that well, and refrain from dealing with people. You suck at it. But thanks for the critique of my social skills. Coming from you, it means… Nothing, actually.

Bye.

PS- since I’m so “boring", please quit rapid-fire emailing me. Find somebody else to obsess on. Seriously, you’re disturbed. Your reactions are not normal. Personality disorder, I think.

PPS- I’m not an “internet” anything, Mike. I’m a real human being, who lives in the real world. You have just insulted and offended me, and there will be multiple consequences for your actions. This isn’t a fucking game, bro. I don’t know who the fuck you think you are, but you’re wrong. Very wrong. Needless to say, you better hope you never meet me in real life. We’re a long way apart right now, but if you ever tried to disrespect me like that in person, well, I guess I’d probably bounce your skull off the pavement a few times, most likely. But I doubt you’d talk your shit in person. You’re a coward and a bully; same thing. I know your type. Now fuck off.

PPPS- I bet you’re so fucking stupid and belligerent that you don’t understand that I’m helping you right now. You’re welcome. Bye.

holy fucking shit. psychotic.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

This whole thing is pretty sad, he definitely needs to seek some help
    Last edited by cheesebox; 10-26-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Can we ban this savage from the board already?
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Wow it's amazing how many people that "attempt" torching at some point in life seem to need therapy.

Truly some people have nothing better to do. Hard core substance abuse and alcoholism make people act like this. You can bet their personal relationships are a disaster too.

We will see how my finances go but Next month Id like to get some Aura clip-ons and be confident I have the best eyeware in the industry.

The rantings of a kook always backfires. I vote with my wallet and if I dont like something for any reason I dont buy it and move on..

Mike called it... troll. And seriously if 500 bucks is a large amt of money your not a glass blower, this game ain't cheap.

So... without making a final call on it, here's my thoughts:

Apophosis approached this wrong from the state, and has a clear online history of being a contrarian... he might not be the nicest person online, at least with his reviews... the jury's still out. Mike has every right to defend himself and his business, but please, Mike, consider that posting long chains of email only serves to incite more drama... we get it, the guy's a dick... enough.

There are certainly issues of professionalism here, but as it affects the forum... there's nothing I see here worthy of a ban.

Thanks to everyone who reported this, let's move on....
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Humans are so funny. I respect anyone who deals with young stoners Daily for years on end.
    Took me a couple pair of phillips before I got some Auras. Never going back.
    Thanks Mike for not giving up and for dealing with all us crazys glass heads...

Doug - point taken, thanks. I did it mostly as a cautionary tale for anyone in NM who might do business with this guy. I received several PM's from other wholesalers/dealers/manufacturers cautioning me to be very careful with him -- as his rants grow in intensity, so do the threats of physical violence. I know you and Rashan can take care of yourselves, but its the other folks in The Land of Enchantment that wouldn't know to be cautious.
    Last edited by Mike_Aurelius; 10-27-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

I can say one good thing about this whole thread, it's served as a reminder to me that I really need to rethink my eye protection.

My current setup involves a pair of didymium glasses followed by shade 3 clip ons followed by my regular glasses perched out at the end.

As you might imagine, this is as ridiculous looking as it is poorly fitting.

I've been going through all the options on your web page, and I think I've got it down to 2. I just don't have the budget to get a pair done with my prescription, so I'm comparing the fit overs to the clip ons. I'm leaning toward clip ons due to lower weight, but I'm not sure if there are any other pros and cons between these options I might be missing.

Thanks.

Fit overs are going to block any extraneous light coming in from above, below, and sides due to the way the frame is designed. It's a big, wide frame and can accommodate many different Rx frame sizes and shapes, while a clip on is going to be limited pretty much to what you have right now. Additionally, clip on frames don't work very well with semi-rimless (string mount) frames or drill-mount frames.

The only drawback to either choice is that there is no availability of split lens designs. I made this decision on purpose due to not being able to guarantee that the clip on or fit over is going to fit so the split lens line is straight across both eyes in the same position. There's nothing worse than a split lens where the line doesn't line up between the right and left eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Aurelius View Post
    I know you and Rashan can take care of yourselves...
    Just to clarify, I no longer work with Rashan and will not vouch for him, I kicked him out over 3 years ago.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter glass View Post
    just to clarify, i no longer work with rashan and will not vouch for him, i kicked him out over 3 years ago.
    lmao.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Use your beautiful mind to uplift our civilisation, just imagine what would happen when you put your lifetime experience and creativity into that.

That's what this forum has always been about; sharing our knowledge in a respectful and business-like manner.

Everyone deserves a second chance, don't fuck it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by apophasis View Post
    snip>
    Called to order a set of goggles, no call back for two days so I sent an email inquiring... I said I had some questions about fit, etc, and also some concerns about service based on the feedback I'd read online. I was polite, friendly and respectful.

Mike responded to me with a complete dismissal, saying that I was trying to "push his buttons",
    <snap

TL/DR; hostile witness
    Last edited by Swampy; 10-27-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spellin misteaks
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

apophasis, do you realize that if you ever really did cost Mike any customers or money that he could sue you for libel/slander, and that he's already won based on the multiple threats you've made to attempt to hurt his business. None of us will take you seriously anyway so you might as well find a different way to spend your time.

You were given an infraction by a member so I can't infract you again without deleting his, so instead consider that infraction an official warning even though it didn't come from a staff member. I have taken note of your personal attacks. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service here which you agreed to during the registration process. Personal attacks and attempts to disrupt the forum are not welcome here.

Also, on a personal note, friends don't let friends wear Phillips.
    ~Misha