2x GA-OK Chocolate Crayon, 804 for $24.00 each
    1x GA-OK Red Crayon, 104 for $24.00 each
    10x GA-OK Eclipse, 9977 for $18.00 each
    1x GA-OK Portland Gray, 9992 for $18.00 each

What did you get?
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Default Re: Glass Alchemy Sale

WOW, that went quick. Loads of stuff that was in my cart was unavailable at checkout.

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Heard that a bunch. Glad I was after 10lbs of Eclipse primarily. I wanted Raven but the extra $6 off a lbs had me buying eclipse. The other 4 lbs were for 2 specific projects.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Here's a list of what I scooped up: (variety pack)

Rain Drop Tube - 1.0lb

Lemon Drop Tube - 0.6lb

Andromeda - 2lbs

Purple Potion - 1lb

Lemon Drop - 1lb

Orange Crayon - 1lb

Cherrywood - 1lb

Sno White - 1lb

Tiger's Eye - 1lb

Disco Sparkle - 1lb

Purple Rain - 1lb

Brilliant Blue - 1lb

Rain Drop - 1lb

Blue Dream - lb

Total - 14.6lbs @ $475 shipped

Thanks GA, appreciate the customer sale!
    Quote Originally Posted by β View Post
    I’m glad we’re still talking about banning nomad 10yrs later!

Have fun with the air and stones.

I used to get so pumped up but found year after year the way it played out was cheap thrills are good stuff .

The ratio off seconds to odd was in favor of seconds .

But it's a great way to get everyone to pile in and spend and buy every second they have .

Truly the best way to ditch seconds for odds price ,

It's a total crap shoot I would rather buy northstar odds or odds from anywhere .

I did it every year but this one and always gave away the shitty stuff and ended up with a few good things but on average I never saved much considering working with seconds sucks .

Simian you are a real come up quick Millie guy that loved Mantis untell it broke your Millie cane .

Oc glass can be full iof air off color . And I think off Coe . Not sure on that .

Do you use this in your first quality Millie work
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

Sapphire was good shit last year and the orange and red and jackpot and eclipse tube was all gangster and just odds .

Ever bit of lemon drop and Rosay . Jamboree and orange rod was seconds seconds ,

How where the Thomas treats priced

meh. i thought about it but the start time was too late for me to care, after what i got the last few times. at least i didnt waste hundreds of dollars on completely worthless color again, though. after recieving quite a few "firsts" that were off this year, i cant imagine what "okaysional" quality is like now. i used to love this sale so much. wish they'd go back to worrying less about hype and more about quality color.
    Last edited by yinzer; 02-12-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: wtf did that even say?

Yinz we have the exact same views on a few things . Plus one

I just stopped in to watch how fast the serum and potion and flamingo went .

My favorite social media pencil maker . Has a army of followers that where buying glass for him . Lol

The uv stuff sold out in seconds .

When it comes to the new way people are all talking about making pencils all day .

They don't understand the new game . Or how to play.

There are people cring the blues over what he and a few other Instagram cats did .

It's supposed to be a fair drop with pound limits . Social media took care of the pound limits .

And when somthing sells in seconds .

Even clicking two pounds instead of 10 people hitting one and pay

The annual we love our hyped up consumer sale...lol what a joke

Glass Alchemy...-1...

Hehe...clear that glows in blacklight...garbage

Transparent garbage...overpriced..waterd down... Raindrop...lol...blue dream...lol...tangie...ha...gosh... Take your Crayola's and mix'em down with clear...

I think maybe the tain has made people retarded

If you make cookies with a cookie cutter, they're gonna look the same(boring)... I like to shape them individually gives my cookies more character.
    Last edited by LooseSeal Baller; 02-12-2016 at 05:34 AM.

I've never gotten in on their sale, and I picked up some things this year. Now after reading this thread I'm not sure I should have! I guess I'll find out. Hope I didn't waste my money, I work my ass off for it and I can't afford shitty color!
    ~Misha

Some of it is really good, their discontinued stuff and the cheap thrills, the others can be hit or miss.

I've got some rozay from last year that's almost unusable, but have had more good luck than bad.
    Without love in the dream
    It will never come true

JR I go through and clip out stones and remix and pull into stringer. Last year I ordered a bunch of eclipse and all but about 8 rods were first quality but oddly shaped. I have no problem with odd shapes as long as the quality of the glass is good. I know that I am gambling a bit but I see nothing wrong with odd shaped glass and me going through and cutting out the imperfections. Takes time but in the ends since i pull most of my black into stringer it doesn't really matter. I think out of the 16 or so lbs of eclipse I bought last year about 1 lb was unuseable. So in total, under 2 lbs or so of random rods out of 22 total pounds of color bought at a steep ass discount. I like that ratio. Keep in mind my milli prices are well below most other milli artist prices. This is one of the ways I am able to do that and this allows me to experiment without shooting myself in the head if I lose a pound or two of color. In the end the quality of my work matters not whether I found a sale and spent the time to sift through the glass to remove imperfections.

I had no idea people would be so bothered by this, I was having some fun.

Oh and one of my black rods turned out to be aquatic carnival if I remember right.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

i'll say one thing.....last year's jamboree o/c is WAY easier to strike then the 1sts. i'm going to keep an eye on the page...they drop more glass as the weekend progresses i think?
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

The glass has always been usable. Specially if you're not worried about diameters or straightness. I bet you'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by LooseSeal Baller View Post
    The glass has always been usable. Specially if you're not worried about diameters or straightness. I bet you'll be happy
    I feel better now. I use a lot of stringers and dots, so I'm sure I will be able to use it. Unless it's crap like I keep seeing people say it might be. Hopefully not, I need some of those colors as I'm out of stock on a few, but I never buy occasionals normally so I don't know what to expect. I know some of my "firsts" are not fucking firsts, so that has me worried. And, worried about GA and their long term success.
    ~Misha

TAG has the best.

i've gotten glass from sundance that was worse than any OC glass i've gotten on these sales

Its for sure a gamble. 3 years ago I got 30 lbs andi think half was usable but had stones, but some was a sketchy coe cause it cracked something horrible or was full of air. In fact the Oregon grey was so full of air i swear it could a damn near floated in water. So be cautious, and buyer be ware.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    I feel better now. I use a lot of stringers and dots, so I'm sure I will be able to use it. Unless it's crap like I keep seeing people say it might be. Hopefully not, I need some of those colors as I'm out of stock on a few, but I never buy occasionals normally so I don't know what to expect. I know some of my "firsts" are not fucking firsts, so that has me worried. And, worried about GA and their long term success.
    Honestly Misha, unless you are needing this stuff for stick stacks, vac stacks or some other application that requires uniform diameter you will prob be stoked. Since I pull a metric ton of stringer sorting through this stuff is fine by me for the smokin deal. I ordered 14 lbs this year...if I have 1 un-useable pound of glass then I think that is acceptable loss given what I know about their occasional quality. I have heard way more happy stories than shit stories in the last year regarding last years sale. I am hoping that is the case this year. I am optimistic.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

I hope yinz all get the good shit. I was a devout GA user until recently so I'm just sharing my opinion/experience, not being bitchy or trying to be a downer.

That being said, I don't agree that any unusable purchase is an acceptable loss. Maybe odd shaped, doesn't strike, "eclipse" that DOES strike, a couple stones...thats whatever. But nobody should be selling unusable material. That's bs, and they are the only company that I've ever gotten unusable color from. That should be THEIR business loss, not something they pass on to a customer. you wouldn't sell your finished work as "seconds" if it exploded in the kiln, and expect the customer to be happy taking the loss.

When i say completely unusable, I mean so full of air and stones that clipping/remixing isn't even an option. It was like every color was a blizzard color, except you can use blizzard colors.

having this viewpoint actually really bothers me, as i love that family something fierce.
    Last edited by yinzer; 02-12-2016 at 09:49 AM.

the last batch of eclipse i got is 100% unusable. this was a month ago. it ruined alot of my work.

"Never open your mouth, unless you're in the dentist chair."
    -Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano

Bulletproof Glassworks LLC
    http://bulletproofboro.bigcartel.com
    BulletproofGlassworks@Gmail.com
    www.instagram.com/BulletproofGlassworks
    #BulletproofGlassworks @BulletproofGlassworks