The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: me thinks we might be being trolled

Default me thinks we might be being trolled

First pair arrived with one eye shade 3, the other eye shade 5...

Was told to wait in line for my new glasses...

Yiiiikes

Default Re: Recent transactions with Aura Lens

BULLSHIT.

This is a fake post about a fake incident. *IF* this had happened, an apology would have immediately been issued and a pre-paid return label would have been sent, meanwhile, waiting for the frames to return, new lenses would have been made up waiting for the frame to arrive, which would have been sent back out express.

We have no lines to wait in. Non prescription jobs, unless we are waiting for a frame, usually go out the next day.

I notice that you have only 1 post to your name...and been a member since 08/12...which makes me wonder, why lie?

Default Re: We don't let trolls ruin reputations

Makes me wonder how many other complaints out there are even legit. Why lie, indeed? Like business isn't hard enough already without people purposely trying to make it harder. Seriously wtf.
    Last edited by PyroChixRock; 03-05-2016 at 10:16 AM. Reason: meh
    ~Misha

My own experience with this issue went way differently.

I ordered several pairs of glasses for my store a while back. Out of, I dunno, 7-8 pairs of glasses, 2 pairs had mis-matched lenses in the frames (mismatched base filter glass, not shade, iirc). I contacted Mike and that day had return labels for both pairs, and while it wasn't overnight shipping, I felt the turn around time on the fix was perfectly acceptable, maybe 7-10 days that included shipping from NM to MN to NM, which suggests that it took Mike about 2, maybe 3 days, to get those glasses fixed and turned around. A+ job in my opinion.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate the support.

And, at Doug's suggestion, we instituted an additional QC check after assembly using 3 different types of spectral light (daylight, florescent, incandescent).

Default Re: me thinks we might be being trolled

I love my glasses from you Mike. I am going to refer a new lamper to you too. Are the 286 a good goggle for a newbie? Thanks for making great glasses.

Yes they are!

My shop will soon be all Mike! , one person already has them and the 3 of us that don't are sending frames , can't wait, my eyes are so tired and dry and the end of the day . Been using the ones I have for over a year and just thought that was the way it was until I compared them to my shop mate that had Mikes and realized lol