The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hunting for glass sales

Default Hunting for glass sales

So, I'm damn close to having my hand back, ( broken from a skateboarding accident ) and am now searching for some glass discounts..

I've found a few different sites including MGA, GlassCraft, and LampworkSupply.

Currently, MGA has a killer deal on clear, I cant find much in GlassCraft, and LampworkSupply has this... "Membership" which is 50 a year for 30%+ off on all color from places like NS and GA.

However, I am curious... Would it be better to just wait till MGA gets color deals, which i'd assume would be after their clear sales... Or pick up some of that clear from MGA and then also Hit up that membership on LampworkSupply?

I'm just looking to save some pennies as I have a whole mess of court related shenanigans that I'm going to be going through soon.
    I could imagine I'd order $500+ worth of color in a year, so I could get that Membership rolled over for another year..

Anyways... TLDR
    I'm looking for some tips on saving money as a noobie glass blower, I dont want to dip into China glass really..
    Is the Lampwork Supply Membership worth it? Do they sellout a lot?
    Today is payday, so maybe I'll also look into Member Glassifieds for some glass from you guys.

Default Re: Hunting for glass sales

I love using Lampwork supply for color. Two orders and the savings covered membership. Plus free shipping for >6lbs (something like that), and $500 spent in a year gets free membership for the next year.

I recently discovered, that even with MGA's Schott 40% off.... EUGlass is still beating them in price without a "Sale"
    Thinking EUGlass is gonna be my main glass lover from here on out till someone beats em.

Dont forget about shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Dont forget about shipping costs.
    EUGlass is located in the USA, they've got free shipping going on right now for orders over 60 bucks, and price matching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahhruuba View Post
    EUGlass is located in the USA, they've got free shipping going on right now for orders over 60 bucks, and price matching.
    Hmmm are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahhruuba View Post
    My only complaint with them is they don't carry Northstar. And I use a lot of Northstar colors.

All I will say is make sure you price out what you are getting per pound. Case weights vary and sometimes when you think you are getting a good deal, once you price out the per pound price, you realize you can find better deals. Even with Free shipping sometimes you can get better deals elsewhere.
    "Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation."

Quote Originally Posted by somewhere View Post
    Hmmm are you sure about that?
    I was a little off.. They did 150 dollar orders get free shipping.
    My bad, but yes, I talked to chat and they do Price Matching.

Ended up buying 4 lbs of extra's from Fiffdeezglassart on the forums here.. Much love!

Fifdeezglassart is awesome! He can find you deals anytime you have a problem
    Hes making my pipes, and helped with equipment finding. He's a really cool guy!

Schott is cheepest from ust in my experiance ... eu will hardly ever have the sizes ur looking for .. and that us33 is garbage imo ..

I would just wait it out all color gets sold at 30% off eventually .. I got the lampwork supply thing recwntly because momka dropped some cad colors and I knew the savings would pay for the membership .. before that I just got what was on sale .. if you wait long enough it all goes on sale eventually.