The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pics of my Delta on 8 oxycons. 45lpm

Default Pics of my Delta on 8 oxycons. 45lpm

So I've been ashamed to show pics cause I got a few ports with glass in em( never let noob blowers use your torch) but you can't tell from the pics.

So I run 45lpm total. 10lpm con on lynx. And I run 7 5lpms on the delta outerfire.
    I have a nice flexible way of using only the cons necessary by use of light switches wired to plug outlets, I just leave cons switched on and I use light switches to turn them on in stages.

My first switch is for the lynx (under table)
    Second switch on wall turns on only 1 5lpm con on the outerfire for adding to lynx flame
    3rd switch operates remaining six. This allows you to leave knobs set as in a foot pedal but at the cost of a light switch and plug outlet.(about 10$)

Here's pics of it running.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779514635.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	83218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779540374.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	83219here's my switches and con setup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779571024.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	83220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779581320.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	83221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779592196.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	83222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458779611678.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	83223 im able to work 50x5 vac stacks, or line color onto 60x9 without clear and work stretch or shape it just fine. Runs surprisingly hot during triple mix use for what I'm using here considering the psi of invacares. But I love my system and would never go tank/dewar ever again. I've saved thousands because of the system. I do have a 300 gallon holding tank for future compressed system but I'm fine as is with zero complaints or breakdowns.

I've got 660$ in all the cons and electrical to have em wired up. So good investment? I say Fuckin A Twitty!
    Last edited by FifDeez; 03-23-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Default Re: Pics of my Delta on 8 oxycons. 45lpm

very cool setup. when aka IF i get good at this im going to step up and do some o2 cons as well. love your idea of the switches. likely will hard wire mine into a DJ booth panel.... just like 10 switches built into a box.

Thanks for the cool idea!

$660 not a bad investment at clllllll

Just a thought, but if all the concentrators are Invacares and are Homefill compatible, what if you could take the output from the Homefill port at the higher pressure?

It's a bit more of an expense. I guess you'd need the quick disconnect fittings (I think I get them here: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23885 ), a bit of tubing, and hose barb to "B" fittings.

I'll take a look at the manual if I get a chance. Has anyone ever tried this?

Edit: No information in the concentrator manual, but the Homefill manual implies that if you run over 1/2 capacity (3 lpm on a 5 lpm machine, or 5 lpm on a 10 lpm machine) you may get less than 90% oxygen concentration.
    Last edited by Skipjack; 03-24-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Pretty sweet Fifdeez!

I'd plug them into that 300 gal tank you have, even if you aren't compressing it yet. It would give you a more even buffer. But if it works for you as is, then great!
    "Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation."

I have been running a phantom on oxycons and It has been great. I run an 8lpm 15 psi on my center and and (2) invacare 5lpm 5 psi machines to run the outer fire.

Im finding it is making a very hot flame , even the 5PSI pushing on the outer fire is not hurting a thing, the torch never gets hot to the touch, the flame is excellent.I rage full bast and hour and the torch never gets hot.

I run into people who dont understand why or how it works so well, they have the misconception that you are hurting the oxycons or going to burn up the GTT torch and thats is just not the case. Im pushing 15LPM to the phantom and its a very happy torch.

I do like what you are doing, the torch is cool, the flame is hot and its doing the work you want it to do. Well done!

Im 2 connections away from having a home grown prototype HVLP system. I change the connection on my whip for the 2 K tanks as 100psi storage, and put all 3 oxycons into a small buffer tank to feed the compressor. If that works I will get some bigger oxycons , a larger tank and a quieter compressor and be done.

I have a new snub nose Mirage that's being shipped and should be here Thursday. I want to feed it well with all the O2 I can get.

Im real happy to be getting a new Mirage from GTT.

Im also interested in using the higher pressure h f port on back of my 2 10 lpm cons, having issues running my phantom stage on 2 10 lpm cons, the lynx fire works fine on 1 or 2 10 lpm invicares but not getting enough oxygen to flow through the phantom ring using 2 10 lpm 20 psi machines and one is brand new. Seems ok on just one but when I turn on both ( phantom ring) it seems as though only half or less of both will run at same time like theres not enough space in the ports to flow both at like 7 or 8 psi each, idk its pissing me off. Ran a bravo on same setup(40 lpm) with outstanding results, I just wanna run my buki damit! Got buki 3rd stage on homefilled tank. Any help is appreciated!

I always figured I can rage the lynx and phantom rings on the 40 lpms available at close to tank performance but its just not working right, figured the more the better.....

Quote Originally Posted by neddowerx View Post
    Im also interested in using the higher pressure h f port on back of my 2 10 lpm cons, having issues running my phantom stage on 2 10 lpm cons, the lynx fire works fine on 1 or 2 10 lpm invicares but not getting enough oxygen to flow through the phantom ring using 2 10 lpm 20 psi machines and one is brand new. Seems ok on just one but when I turn on both ( phantom ring) it seems as though only half or less of both will run at same time like theres not enough space in the ports to flow both at like 7 or 8 psi each, idk its pissing me off. Ran a bravo on same setup(40 lpm) with outstanding results, I just wanna run my buki damit! Got buki 3rd stage on homefilled tank. Any help is appreciated!

I'd recommend setting up an HVLP system. It's not that hard, it'll easily outlast a homefill, and it'd run your Kobuki if you got a big enough tank! You probably wouldn't even need anything over 30 or 60 gallons to run it as hard as you'd ever care to - I can't imagine that the third ring would come on all that often. With 40lpm, you could probably power a Bravo, too, if you've got a second bench, but maybe you really rage it.

You must have gotten one hell of a deal on those concentrators. Do you still have title to your soul? ;-)
    Last edited by menty666; 06-28-2016 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Damn phone keyboard, arrrg
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

You have something wonky in the way you plumbed it or a weak con., it should rage a linx and phantom ring, I run a mirage on less then 40LPM

I always figured I can rage the lynx and phantom rings on the 40 lpms available at close to tank performance but its just not working right, figured the more the better.....
    I have two invacare 10 L machines direct to a cheetah and it's usable just not as hot or driving triple mix .

So I can say for sure direct running a phantom ring is two more ports than a cheetah .

It's going to be usable but not great .

I don't think you actually get good prure oxy running max flow .

I find when running direct I get best flame with no alarm beeping at 6 Lpm on the gauge of each con .

At this setting I think a cheetah or phantom ring would need three invacare 10 for peak direct performances

I know with a gast two will do it because your not always on second stage and system can make up .

The only thing I dislike about op's direct set up is his alarms are constantly going off .

He has a good thing going just needs fine tuned all that beeping will drive you insane
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

I'm a pro at cleaning these torches.. if you want that glass out of your ports this is what you do. WARNING THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR SILVER AND GOLD TRAPPED IN YOUR TORCH. OK so turn your torch on and run a small fluffy flame that would normally heat the the face of your torch in bad way, then point your torch down toward table turn prop off leave oxy on and rub an ice cube on the face of your torch. the ice will melt and crack the glass in the port. then go at it with cleaning wire. When using the cleaning wire grab it with needle nose pliers at the tip of the wire and proceed to break through the shattered glass, if you use the wire in a circle motion (drill motion) you will clean the port, make sure wire is pushed in all the way till it stops. then crank up you oxy up and lightly tap on your torch with rubber mallet.
    ~FlowerMatt

I was around this torch last week, and it needs to be sent in, no fuckin doubt
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

you'd be surprised marcel had like 7 clogged jets on his mag and it worked like new when I was done. If anyone seen his torch in the last year you admit it was looking pretty sad.
    ~FlowerMatt

I actually cleaned 5 or 6 torches back to like new working condition during project 33 this year. I just hate seeing a dirty gtt lol
    ~FlowerMatt

the dude rips ass on the torch still.
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz