The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP Hangout - Live glassblowing

Cool TMP Hangout - Live glassblowing

We have a hangout, and you are invited. Hangouts works on all devices and computers, you'll need speakers and a camera.

You can find it by clicking the hangout button in the navbar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hangout.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	83312

Alternatively, click this url. https://goo.gl/WswsPf

Post here if you are planning on going on so people know to join you. Have fun!
    ~Misha

Default Re: TMP Hangout - Live glassblowing

I'll be on there for awhile. Come blow glass with me!

Fair warning, I can't hear well, so please talk a little slower than normal for me so I can understand you easier. Webcam makes it a bit harder as it is. I'll get a headset soon so it will be easier.
    ~Misha

I think I'm gonna hop on for a bit a well, while I do some space spoons, and probably some disk pendants!

I got on for a bit, this doesn't work well in noisy shops or with music playing in the background, but you can always mute your mic and just watch/listen.

If you mute someone, it mutes their mic, not their audio on my end, so that kind of sucks cuz then no one else can hear them either, there doesn't seem to be a way to selectively mute people on the client (viewer) side.

If anyone has a suggestion for a better video chat platform please post it up in here.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

For a static room that doesn't change the URL every time I'm pretty sure hangouts is the one. If we did something else like YouTube, which has better controls, we'd have to announce every time we went on.

There's also tinychat and I think that one might be able to do a static URL but I forget.

Will have to do some research again at some point but for now this works.
    ~Misha

Was cool blowing glass with you guys
    ~Misha

This awesome. I can't wait to watch or work on this!

woohoo im pumped!
    Plymouth, MA
    GTT Delta Elite
    http://instagram.com/tcsglassworks

This is great. I'll be on tomorrow during the day.

I will be on tomorrow again too, but not til about noon or so.
    ~Misha

yeah if i get on at all tomorrow it'll be later, but tuesday looks good for the torch.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

I will probably get on tomorrow(today) as well! Just got home from the shop, gonna go to bed, and get up and head back over there as soon as possible!

I'm live. Probably be here all day.

I'll be there soon!
    ~Misha

It's me in there sharing my center screen while i work on drawing in some cable tray for a new hospital project.

I was thinking there would be somewhere for chat text as well. Not the case?

i'm pretty sure there's text chat as well. I saw it yesterday, I'll try to find it when I go out in a moment.
    ~Misha

yeah, there's chat, on a PC it slides out from one side (right side? Bottom?), on android you have to hit the "back" button once in the call, something probably similar for iOS. You'll miss the video when in chat on the apps, but not on pc.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

Justin and I are jamming out. Can't wait to get a headset so I can hear you guys better and chat, too.

Have gotten quite a few recommendations on headsets but would love to hear yours, if anyone has one? Bluetooth, small, but I can't hear well so good speakers. And something that has push to talk capabilities would be awesome since I have my music on pretty loud.
    ~Misha

Can I get on without having it call? I would have to use my phone as a camera, but would like to enter on my laptop too, so i can creepily stare at everyone on a larger screen

And let me know what you figure out headset wise Mish. If i can't do push to talk, I will probably have to keep it muted

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    Can I get on without having it call? I would have to use my phone as a camera, but would like to enter on my laptop too, so i can creepily stare at everyone on a larger screen

And let me know what you figure out headset wise Mish. If i can't do push to talk, I will probably have to keep it muted
    I switched to using my son's phone earlier so I could check my messages on mine, and when I did it had me logged in twice momentarily. I didn't stay long enough to see if it would kick me but it sounds like it would work to be on both, Na. Worst case scenario, use two email addresses.

I'm not going to have the easiest time picking out a headset because of my loss of hearing so it might take me awhile, and possible even trying some and having to take them back. Such a pain in the ass bleh. But I'll let you know when I figure it out. You might have a lot more options than I do as far as that goes. But ya for now I'm keeping me muted if I have music on. Yesterday I was chatting a bit with some of the guys and I can tell they can hear each other fine, and I could hear Cheese just fine, but I couldn't hear Dougie very well. Sometimes there is weird internet interference too that doesn't help but overall it works out well, and you can carry on conversations, so I'm sure with a headset it will be lovely.
    ~Misha