The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on torch

Default Question on torch

Can I use this older torch with an oxygen concentrator? It's labeled gas and air?

Any help would've appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Question on torch

If it's labeled gas and air I would not use oxygen, you'll melt it down in a heartbeat.

It looks like it has a venturi on the nozzle which furthers the argument that it is meant for air only, although I am by no means an expert, that's just my opinion.
    "Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation."

Default Question on torch

Quote Originally Posted by LowTideGlass View Post
    If it's labeled gas and air I would not use oxygen, you'll melt it down in a heartbeat.

It looks like it has a venturi on the nozzle which furthers the argument that it is meant for air only, although I am by no means an expert, that's just my opinion.
    No. I read somewhere else I shouldn't use oxygen, when it says air. I just wanted to get others opinions.
    Thanks so much.

My National 3A says oxygen and air and it works with oxygen. Use flashback protectors and try it out.

Light it correctly so it dont pop and I bet it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdog6502 View Post
    My National 3A says oxygen and air and it works with oxygen. Use flashback protectors and try it out. Light it correctly so it dont pop and I bet it works fine. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4FVi11cRi8
    Bad advice.

The national can be used with air or oxygen that is the way it's designed. Older burners used gas and air period. I've tried using oxygen with cross fires designed for air and gas the results. Well it started firing like a machine gun right before it spilt it's guts.

Bottom line don't give advice unless your 100% certain. If someone gets hurt following your advise it would be a shame.

it wont hurt to try, as much as you would like to think you know everything you dont know.

with the national it does not matter because they have tips that are for air, and tips that are for OXY. 100% you cannot use this torch with oxy. Plain and simple man, the tip is made for air. There is a large difference in port size and configuration and it will simple melt the tip off is use oxy, end of discussion, and end of pissing contest. Its all about the tip and this tip is for air and nothing else.
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    with the national it does not matter because they have tips that are for air, and tips that are for OXY. 100% you cannot use this torch with oxy. Plain and simple man, the tip is made for air. There is a large difference in port size and configuration and it will simple melt the tip off is use oxy, end of discussion, and end of pissing contest. Its all about the tip and this tip is for air and nothing else.
    Thanks Skuzz. Gib

+ Reply to Thread