The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draconis Satins, Green Dwarf, NS Exp. Ruby Slippers, & Uranium Tubing on Ebay

Default Draconis Satins, Green Dwarf, NS Exp. Ruby Slippers, & Uranium Tubing on Ebay

Just listed a few more rare colors. Thanks for looking and good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/glass0360/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

Default Re: Draconis Satins, Green Dwarf, NS Exp. Ruby Slippers, & Uranium Tubing on Ebay

I cant afford them, but I have enjoyed watching these auctions play out. Pretty serious color stash you have there. I would like to see what you are keeping for yourself
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Default Re: Draconis Satins, Green Dwarf, NS Exp. Ruby Slippers, & Uranium Tubing on Ebay

I'm trying to place bid and it won't let me

I have some of that same exact uranium tubing. Did I sell you that Uglass on here before Lux?

Slumpglassworks,
    PM sent

Dom,
    I bought my U-glass from a couple different scientific shops that closed down years ago.

Skuzz,
    I always have some goodies in the super secret personnel stash. I usually only break out the Draconis and other extra rare stuff for gifts or special orders from friends.

Everyone,
    Thanks for the interest in my auctions

Right on dude that 16 and 6mm tubes must've been surper common.. My buddy scored like 50 lbs of the tubing dumpster diving at sci shops in Chicago early 90s.. Crazy

These auctions end tonight. Good luck!

Also, I added a few new listings.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/glass0360/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks for looking.

I am thinking of bidding and recall you wont ship to Canada, but dont worry I have an American shipping address i can provide you.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Hashmasta,
    Sounds good and good luck.

So who won that Draconis? I made you pay for it sucka!
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

lol 230 aint horrible, especially after seeing it go for 500 a lb.

But those amethyst and violet satins are the least desireable imo. The white and blue is super tits tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymatter Glass View Post
    So who won that Draconis? I made you pay for it sucka!
    not me, i said fuck it. I hate auctions anyway.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

I'm the sucka! Didn't really expect to get it but I'm psyched. I'll be sure to post some finished work. Thanks for sharing Lux. I'd love to see some of that ruby slippers made into something whoever got that one.

Yea I hate auctions too.. I bid on his moss last time and ebay pissed me off so I said fuck it.

And honestly he coulve got more for the satin, thats what sucks about ebay once the auction is done the price is whatever and thats it.

But anyway, cheers Lux. The Uglass 6mm tube got a nice ticket on it so good job.

Dan, I wil buy the white and blue satin off you for 300/lb if you want pm me.

Thanks everyone for all the bids and I hope the winners enjoy the glass. Everything shipped out today.

How much did the ruby slippers go for?

Ruby Slippers sold for $177

Yep I figured the satin would have brought 300 .

Just think if draconis color could have sold for 100 a pound back when they went under .

They might have never went under .

Northstar has there formulas and it seems all company's are moving forward with new colors and such .

Not bringing back extinct favorites .
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

Quote Originally Posted by jr23 View Post
    Yep I figured the satin would have brought 300 .

Just think if draconis color could have sold for 100 a pound back when they went under .

They might have never went under .

Northstar has there formulas and it seems all company's are moving forward with new colors and such .

Not bringing back extinct favorites .
    any insight into why that would be? better more stable formulas? lack of raw materials? maybe they rotate over a few year period to keep things fresh?

I realize its speculation at best, but these things interest me.

i have asked abe, he has said some things about their formulas ..paraphrasing.. didn't make sense/shouldn't work/don't work.. seemed like there might have been a bit more that he didn't want to say/get into/explain. i didn't press him.

they have tried some experimental colors with their formulas that have made it out. we have some at the shop, and we've used them: "wrinkle winkle" was the name of one experimental color.. it is a dark hyacyith color, with a bit of shimmery satin to it. has been stable with what we've done with it. i sent out some sample chunks to a couple that purchased satins from me.. i haven't heard back about them.
    there was 1 or 2 other similar ones.. i can't think of their names.. all in the blue/hyacinth spectrum.

not nearly as nice as the og.. not nearly as satiny.. just.. suggestive of satin.
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels