The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phillips Repair

Default Phillips Repair

I sent my shades to phillips because of the sodium flare issue.

The package never arrived or they lost it, and I don't have tracking. I insured the package so usps wouldn't mess with it. There's a good chance it's at Phillips.

Now I don't have shades because of this and I want to die.

Default Re: Phillips Repair

Check with the post office. I thought tracking was automatic when you insured something. They should be able to track it for you.

I threw out my receipts a couple days ago and it's been garbage day. I just went to the post office with no luck. I threw it out because its been a month since I shipped it. I assumed they had them after I emailed them stating I sent them, they should have at least said they didn't get them. I emailed them last Friday about it.

The thing is they were being dicks every single step of the way. I had to fight them a lot and I believe this is another part of the fight. Also, there is a good chance that this is a cover-up. Phillips told me their faulty lenses were from 2015 and up. Mine were from 2014. It would make sense to destroy any evidence. At this point I assume they are looking at law suites ect.

I wrote a script in php to brute force similar tracking numbers. I shipped it with a couple other boxes and another was insured so I have two tracking numbers to work off of. Hopefully this will find my tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy999 View Post
    I wrote a script in php to brute force similar tracking numbers. I shipped it with a couple other boxes and another was insured so I have two tracking numbers to work off of. Hopefully this will find my tracking
    good luck foxy. i would say one thing. before you get too upset over it. just think about it from philips side. how many scammers do you think call them and say. I sent you my 200 dollar glasses and you lost them! you replace them!

Im not sure what satisfaction you can get without that tracking number that shows it was delivered. hope it all works out!

I want to share my similar story with you guys. So i bought a pair of Nectars for myself in 2014 been using them since thinking they were providing me with adequate protection until this year i purchased a second pair of nectars same shade same frame for my girlfriend, hers arrived and i instantly noticed hers covered way more sodium flare than mine. At this time i also read a thread here on this forum saying mike from aura lenses took a pair of nectars apart and the filter they used was not adequate. So I emailed nectar and they put me in contact with kyle ferris at phillips he had me send mine in for testing.I explained to him about the difference in sodium flare protection a month later I didnt hear anything from him and emailed he claimed they never got my glasses. so i had to send him proof that i insured and had tracking of the glasses, a few days later they mysteriously appeared at their office.so after they were tested he said the test came back as ok they covered sodium flare fine he said. so I explained to him the difference between my girlfriends pair and mine he responded oh yeah the new filter we use is a bit different. I told him i wanted mine changed to have the new material lenses. They finally sent them back to me and after getting them back they do now cover more sodium flare but the lenses they gave me are extremely thick!! way thicker than my girlfriends.these new thick lenses make the glasses way too heavy and make me get a head ache after wearing for a while, so i wont be buying anything from phillips anymore!!!!! I know its not Nectars fault I am really glad they made the move to aura lenses, I actually just placed another order with nectar for these new nectar/aura frames.

Now just waiting for aura to get their new batch of lenses after phillips told them they stopped making them.

We personally have had great customer service with Phillips.. I am sure if you go on usps and put your email in you can get a copy of any packages you mailed them. I thought the sodium flare ones were for soft glass. we only sell the Ace/202- 3 and 5 lenses for Boro.
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

Gotta love sales tactics and all there antics...

Quote Originally Posted by chevelleface View Post
    I want to share my similar story with you guys. So i bought a pair of Nectars for myself in 2014 been using them since thinking they were providing me with adequate protection until this year i purchased a second pair of nectars same shade same frame for my girlfriend, hers arrived and i instantly noticed hers covered way more sodium flare than mine. At this time i also read a thread here on this forum saying mike from aura lenses took a pair of nectars apart and the filter they used was not adequate. So I emailed nectar and they put me in contact with kyle ferris at phillips he had me send mine in for testing.I explained to him about the difference in sodium flare protection a month later I didnt hear anything from him and emailed he claimed they never got my glasses. so i had to send him proof that i insured and had tracking of the glasses, a few days later they mysteriously appeared at their office.so after they were tested he said the test came back as ok they covered sodium flare fine he said. so I explained to him the difference between my girlfriends pair and mine he responded oh yeah the new filter we use is a bit different. I told him i wanted mine changed to have the new material lenses. They finally sent them back to me and after getting them back they do now cover more sodium flare but the lenses they gave me are extremely thick!! way thicker than my girlfriends.these new thick lenses make the glasses way too heavy and make me get a head ache after wearing for a while, so i wont be buying anything from phillips anymore!!!!! I know its not Nectars fault I am really glad they made the move to aura lenses, I actually just placed another order with nectar for these new nectar/aura frames.

Now just waiting for aura to get their new batch of lenses after phillips told them they stopped making them.
    First it was the sales receipt / proof of purcahse. Now it's the "lost" package. It's all shit to stop the fix from happening. Fuck phillips. But yo guess ehat.. I found my fucking receipt with the insurance ticket with the exact address. Now let's hear that they "found" it, but the glasses filter "properly". Companies like phillips and ABR make me not want to blow glass.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    We personally have had great customer service with Phillips.. I am sure if you go on usps and put your email in you can get a copy of any packages you mailed them. I thought the sodium flare ones were for soft glass. we only sell the Ace/202- 3 and 5 lenses for Boro.
    There is still a strong sodium flare with borosilicate glass. Any shaded filter should also block sodium flare.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy999 View Post
    Phillips told me their faulty lenses were from 2015 and up. Mine were from 2014.
    i contacted phillips and they never responded. i have two pairs of phillips, and i would like to know if there is an issue with them, or if i could be using something better.
    so then i contacted the place i bought them and they said i could send them in and ...

they told me there is no way to tell if the lenses i have are defective or not, only by sending them in and testing.
    they were obviously purchased before 2014, so why wouldnt they just tell me that they should be fine, its a problem with newer batches?
    i dont trust phillips or there products based on their customer service.

i cant wait to buy a pair of auras and send these other pairs in to see whats up.

The word of the day is Propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    The word of the day is Propaganda.
    What are you claiming is propaganda?

Maybe I used the wrong word.

Maybe it's unintentional.

It's going to generate sales for someone.

I have some Phillips and they work fine. I like my auras better though

Quote Originally Posted by chevelleface View Post

I dont use my Auras for the exact same reason you dont like your new phillips lenses. super thick and heavy. i use kobuki's old oakley framed phillips i bought off him on here a few years ago, he sold them to go prescription.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Define thick and heavy.

Laminated lenses are going to be between 4 and 5 mm thick. That's just the nature of the beast because of the thickness requirement for sodium flare filtration and visible light/IR filtration.

The glass we previously had been selling until Phillips cut us off is a denser (heavier) material than the original ACE glass. Phillips made them thinner to reduce the weight and more sodium flare was visible.

The other thing that affects weight is the size of the frame. If you wear a big frame, they are going to be HEAVY. That's just basic physics.

My Aura lenses are thicker than the Phillips glasses I had. And they are heavier. But I don't notice any difference when they are on my face. I do notice a difference after I quit torching. I can see much better after using my Aura lenses than I could when I was using my Phillips. With Phillips (bought in I think 2003?) I had an hour or two after getting off the torch where my vision was noticeably impaired. That's one of the reasons I switched.

I may be the odd guy out here....but i felt like my old phillips were heavier. That being said....i would notice eye strain after working for just a few hours, the green shade was awful, and it was hard to see. When i put on a pair of Auras for the first time...i could see so well i thought something was wrong. lol.

My comment doesn't belong in this thread, I'll create a new one elsewhere...
    Last edited by Mike_Aurelius; 07-12-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: 2nd thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    My Aura lenses are thicker than the Phillips glasses I had. And they are heavier. But I don't notice any difference when they are on my face. I do notice a difference after I quit torching. I can see much better after using my Aura lenses than I could when I was using my Phillips. With Phillips (bought in I think 2003?) I had an hour or two after getting off the torch where my vision was noticeably impaired. That's one of the reasons I switched.

I've never noticed impaired vision. I can say my eyes did feel fresher after many hours using auras, but the discomfort on the face from the weight overrode that, when working after many days wearing them, it got more irritating. They aren't large lenses, in fact smaller than the ones I got from Kobuki.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.