The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worlds Biggest Marble Hunt

Default Re: Worlds Biggest Marble Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass Glass View Post
    same misha... i found out yesterday from one of my instagram followers who wants to hide some of my mibs. i dont have any to spare at the moment but i was pumped to find out it was going a long time
    Thanks for reminding me. I have a bunch I need to hide...

My first mib ever. Gonna be losing this somewhere around Columbia, SC, along with a few pendants. This treasure hunt is a really cool idea and I'm super excited to be part of it and to lose many more in my travels. To hell with Pokemon, go hunt some art!!

I hid a marble that was sent to me by Topher Reynolds of Copious Glass based in Eureka, CA. Topher sent marbles to all 50 states for this event. As far as I know, this was the only marble hidden in North Dakota. An old friend that I haven't seen in almost 20 years took her kids out searching and found the marble. What a great way to re-connect. Kudos to the organizers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13680845_10153924649052572_5815949449943284172_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	85795

I've sent out like a dozen to different hiders and hidden a dozen. I've got a dozen more. Pretty much every one I've hidden has been found in like 10-30 minutes. I am using it to help my healing progress and get back to work and it has done just that. People are making family days out of it and it's turning a whole bunch of people onto glass that may have never payed an ounce of attention before. It has generated a great interest in my area. I haven't found one negative thing about it, but there's always someone who can so...
    Last edited by yinzer; 08-05-2016 at 11:16 AM.

That's good to hear you felling bit better,got couple of my buddy's who never get there name out there to hide some and they got orders right away.I been watching the hunt and its pretty cool.There is so many in my area.Did this start in humboldt or something?All the time someone is hiding one here,maybe just ton of blowers here.I should be up and running by next month at the latest and I will join in for sure!

Going bump this one...the marble hunt got me in to glass again after a break of 9 months

do to health reasons. I have had to give away 1000 marbles by now,I don't need to make $ off glass right now and can't push my body hard as I normally do so I could care less about sales this year,shop pays for it self anyhow and I like having something to do.
    I had no torch,money or anywhere to work but with a little help to you guys on here I have all my ducks in a row and ended up with a big shop I rent spots at,all the tools I could even need.
    I meet normal people now,teach people how to make marbles and make people happy. I never made people this happy making pipes and I never been this happy to blow glass.The marble lady's and moms like me and my shop mates a little too much for the single guys out there ha ha but thats a whole other story.
    Marble hunt has changed my life completely...

I know they have been hiding "orbs" on the Oregon Coast/dunes for a few decades .

They were always called orbs (large soft glass mibs)

I was in Florence last summer when a friend scored a nice one. (She was 10 years old)

I guess it's pretty common for locals to search for them.

Is there gonna big another big date this year? Or is the plan to post to the Facebook page whenever one gets hidden?