The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hey! It's The 2016 Melting Pot Pendant Exchange!! Sign up here!

Default Re: Hey! It's The 2016 Melting Pot Pendant Exchange!! Sign up here!

I'm in!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2895582471.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	579.7 KB 
ID:	86417

I hope it's ok to do functional pendants. Syringe dabber and pendy pipe.😁

Quote Originally Posted by twingster View Post
    I hope it's ok to do functional pendants. Syringe dabber and pendy pipe.��
    Like most of our exchanges, functionals are fine.

IF you do NOT want to receive a functional piece in the exchange please PM me or include a note saying so in your shipment!

I've gotta get down and make a few more pendants this week... remember:

SATURDAY is the deadline for shipping... PM me if you need any extra time, but I won't wait TOO long before I cut it off and do the sorting.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Ok I got my 6 on the way, I pulled the nicest ones I had in my sale case.

Each one in a clear baggie with my user name and a little shipping tag with my name and address, a 7th baggie with cash and my name,,,

Here is a picture of whats in the box wrapped in a roll of bubble wrap.
    4 flowers, an eye and a sculpted hand flipping the bird.

Name:	pendants9116.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	86500

Dangit! Just saw this. I'll have to catch the next one,

With the pendant do we need to include a cord/necklace as well or do people send them alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    With the pendant do we need to include a cord/necklace as well or do people send them alone?
    Entirely up to you, of what I've seen so far, there's about a 50/50 mix. It certainly helps presentation if you find the RIGHT cord, but even a length of black cord, or a medium thick hemp twine string is usually enough to get people "started" until they find their own cord.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Ok guys, SIGN UP IS CLOSED! If you signed up please check the list to make sure I have you listed - PM me right now if you don't see your name!
    The official list is here: http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...959#post895959

All 35 spots filled up at the last minute, but lumpy, if you PM me the details outlined above, I'll put you on the list, but please hurry to get your work sent out as soon as possible....

About shipping... Because of the holiday weekend, and many of us have normal lives on top of glass, I'm extending the shipping deadline to Friday, Sept. 9th - so make sure anything you ship is at the post office by 9/9/16 or earlier. Unless you contact me with a really good excuse, anything that shows up post marked after the 9th may not show up in time for the exchange. Please try to keep a receipt of your shipment in case there's any problems.

Shipping address again is:

Greymatter Glass
    7121 Washington St NE Ste A
    Albuquerque, NM 87109

I'd like to thank everyone who signed up! This is a huge collective effort to get 35 people all making work for a common mission, this is really a giant collaborate collection we all get to share in, every piece is connected by this event. I've been collecting glass for about 16 years now, and some of my favorite pieces to this day came from these exchanges. There's an amazing amount of talent that all makes the best things possible through The Melting Pot, it's been my home for over 15 years, and with a crew like this I can see another 16 and then some.

Keep posting pics, and keep an eye out here. I will post pics of the sorting process and updates on shipping. I should get everything in by Sept 16th, then sort that weekend, but things may come up so I will let you know about any (short) delays.

Thanks Everyone!

-Doug
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

Dropping mine in the mail in the morning.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

Here's what I got. I'll get em in tomorrow. Procrastination? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160902_180552.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	86508

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Dropping mine in the mail in the morning.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

Same! Hahaha

Gah! So sorry - I just realized I completely spaced on packing them up and sending them out. I've had the ones I'm sending in picked out for like a week, and just forgot. Should I be sure to send them out tomorrow morning? Or am I just way too late now (4 days, ouch) and just need to bow out? Really sorry about that guys, I've had a lot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattholimeau View Post
    Gah! So sorry - I just realized I completely spaced on packing them up and sending them out. I've had the ones I'm sending in picked out for like a week, and just forgot. Should I be sure to send them out tomorrow morning? Or am I just way too late now (4 days, ouch) and just need to bow out? Really sorry about that guys, I've had a lot going on.
    Its been extended to Sept 9th..

Ray,

Thanks for responding!! I completely missed the message a few posts up - doh! Hadn't checked this forum in a couple days - and was all "oh shit, I gotta let people know I shitbagged asap" the moment I remembered about it a couple hours ago, while busy at work. Wouldn't have thought to scroll up if you didn't tell me to, hah. I'll take a pic tonight and will send em out in the morning. Thanks Greymatter for the extension, for whatever reason! (It wasn't quite because of the holiday, but I definitely got caught up in life.)

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattholimeau View Post
    Ray,

Thanks for responding!! I completely missed the message a few posts up - doh! Hadn't checked this forum in a couple days - and was all "oh shit, I gotta let people know I shitbagged asap" the moment I remembered about it a couple hours ago, while busy at work. Wouldn't have thought to scroll up if you didn't tell me to, hah. I'll take a pic tonight and will send em out in the morning. Thanks Greymatter for the extension, for whatever reason! (It wasn't quite because of the holiday, but I definitely got caught up in life.)

Matt
    You're good. Labor Day and Hurricane Hermione have really fouled up shipping, especially on the East Coast, so I expect everyone to ship by Friday this week.

Got a few more packages in today, everyone so far is doing an awesome job getting them packaged with their info and everything, it really streamlines the process.

I will update the list when I have the boxes in front of me, but I have a total of 9 in as of today!
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

here are some headed your way!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160907_152908.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	86560

Quote Originally Posted by glassfireart View Post
    here are some headed your way!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160907_152908.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	86560
    damn nice pendants!

Wow, USPS runs like a well oiled machine out here, mailed from walla walla,Wa on the 1st and was delivered in ALBUQUERQUE,NM on the 3rd.

Nice!

Here's the five I'll (finally) be sending in the morning, just in time.

Name:	pendants_exchange_2016.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	86573