Glassroots Education Project 2016 Proudly Presents

Name:  gep_wed_lozar.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  9.7 KB

Carmen Lozar - “Cultivating Style (Listen to yourself)”
Wednesday October 12th
10 am to 12 pm

Class overview: How do you make an artwork that is unique and recognizable as your own? In this workshop we will discuss different methods that can help an artists identify and cultivate themes that they would like to realize in glass. A pipe has the potential to become a work of art when the artist chooses to incorporate political statements, personal narratives, or even pop culture into the work. Ms. Lozar will give a brief lecture on her own artistic journey and then invite workshop participants to complete a series of exercises that will help identify and develop their own unique style.

Bio: “The sculpture I create with glass is meant to inspire and provoke imagination. Telling stories has always been my primary objective. Some narratives are sad, funny, or thoughtful but my pieces are always about celebrating life.”
Born in 1975, Carmen Lozar lives in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois where she maintains a studio and is a member of the art faculty at Illinois Wesleyan University. Carmen has taught at Pilchuck Glass School, Penland School of Craft, Pittsburgh Glass School, Appalachian Center for Crafts, The Chrysler Museum, and the Glass Furnace in Istanbul, Turkey. She has had residencies at the Corning Museum of Glass and Penland School of Craft. Her work is included in many collections including the Bergstrom Mahler Museum, WI and the Museum of Art and Design, NY. Carmen Lozar was the 2008 keynote speaker and demonstrator at the International Flameworking Conference in Salem, NJ. In fall of 2016, Carmen will travel to New Zealand to present at the New Zealand Society of Artists in Glass conference.

Education Project Ticket (3 Days)
$200 - Includes all 3 days of classes except Darby Holm Master Class
http://bit.ly/1OPFZ6u

Location - Monona Terrace - Madison, WI
Click here for a map to the venue.

Please contact Glassrootsartshow@gmail.com with any questions.