The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: (Chris Boch) OG 14mm Female Joint / Fitting Tool

Icon4 (Chris Boch) OG 14mm Female Joint / Fitting Tool

Please refrain from any sort of flame war or opinionated review of similar products. Chris makes the highest quality tools available for this job, and has for years. All the other versions that are significantly cheaper are so for a reason. Your buying a tool made by a professional scientific glass worker, and it should outlive you if cared for properly. Cast iron plates along with other high end materials ensure the tightest precision shaping on the market.If you have something negative to say, please go make a thread elsewhere and discuss.
    Up for grabs is one of my favorite tools! Hate to see it go, we've had tons of great times together over the years, many sexy fittings were made and now reside in hundreds of different collections. But time to move it on to someone else so they can show it some love!! Excellent condition, slight burn marks on wood handles from use. Plates are in perfect brand new condition.
    ONLY beeswax was used on this tool, never aquadag; so it was basically encapsulated in wax in between all uses and preserved perfectly over the years. I don't recommend this, as aquadag is MUCH better for making fittings, but just wanted to point it out because it has kept this tool is such great condition and I have never had to clean Dag off the plates or in any way mar them.
    I highly recommend that the buyer also uses proper rollers and a cross-fire setup with a pedal for proper forming technique. Not to say it cant be done well otherwise, but this is how it was meant to be used.
    Buyer is to Pay fees, I pay all shipping and insurance costs. Item will be carefully packed and shipped out within 24 hours of receiving payment. I can accept Paypal, cashiers check or money orders, or ninja cash.Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I will respond as quickly as possible.

-Euro Style 14/23 Plates

Brand new $650 Asking 500 shipped
    See a few posts down for pics
    Last edited by Feel Good Glass; 10-05-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: pics

Default Re: (Chris Boch) OG 14mm Female Joint / Fitting Tool

+1 for Feel Good Glass Rep, done several trades and deals that have always worked out flawlessly

+1 for the Awesome quality tools from Chris, wish i had money/need to cop these! good luck with sale!
    Last edited by oG Glocc Coma; 10-03-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Heard those Chris boch tools are the truth wish I had the funds....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160930_114213.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	87066
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161001_170011.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	87067