The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTT Delta Elite- Super Deal $1850!!

Default GTT Delta Elite- Super Deal $1850!!

I have a GTT Delta Elite for sale. It's been getting daily use for a number of years. Although It works great, it could use a minortune up. Valves adjusted. Gotta move it quick. $1850 takes it. It's listed on Ebay too, won't last long....
    Can be reached at 360-920-1745 or ivan@nebulaglass.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1061.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	88162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1060.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	88163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1059.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	88164

Default Re: GTT Delta Elite- Super Deal $1850!!

Delta's are the hottest torch around. Buyer can Send it to GTT for a Air Manifold upgrade and it will come back like new. Took 3 weeks and cost $950 but would be good for someone who cant afford to drop $2800 all at once. Good luck!

It doesn't need an air manifest upgrade!!! No where near $950!! It just needs the knobs tightened. We did it on one of our other torches and it was around $150. Works great, the knobs are just sensitive.

I don't ever do this, I usually keep to my own, but PSA: This torch face is busted AF! If you are interested in this specific Delta I would send these photos to GTT and see if they will even "re-face" this burner. There is at least one port in the Delta ring that wont be functional after re-surfacing, I would say at minimum 6 ports, will never run %100 again. This torch has been beat to hell, I've been watching it (including the $1900 eBay auction that didn't get a single bid) for a few days. Zoom in on the first pic and you can see how uneven the candles are and how the face is cannibalizing itself (all the red lava spots on the face).

Again sorry to hurt any feels, again I never do this but I suppose the "super deal" in the title set me off... This torch has been used and abused.

Quote Originally Posted by FoorTwenty View Post
    I don't ever do this, I usually keep to my own, but PSA: This torch face is busted AF! If you are interested in this specific Delta I would send these photos to GTT and see if they will even "re-face" this burner. There is at least one port in the Delta ring that wont be functional after re-surfacing, I would say at minimum 6 ports, will never run %100 again. This torch has been beat to hell, I've been watching it (including the $1900 eBay auction that didn't get a single bid) for a few days. Zoom in on the first pic and you can see how uneven the candles are and how the face is cannibalizing itself (all the red lava spots on the face).

Again sorry to hurt any feels, again I never do this but I suppose the "super deal" in the title set me off... This torch has been used and abused.
    Ok, so...It is most definitely not 'canibalizing itself'. I'll work on getting better shots. Yes, well used for many years. and could use some attention. I apologize if you feel the 'super deal' phrase was inaccurate. not my intention. From where I stand, these sell used with minor wear and tear for the same price as new. We all see it often. I figured that was a substantial discount to validate the wear.

FoorTwenty, what would you consider a valid asking price for it?

I appreciate your input.

If you did $1650-1700 It would probably sell. GTT's and Bethlehem's (pretty much any torch keeps it value, even a RedMax (I don't understand why)). If you want face value for your D.E. you should get it reworked at GTT and sell it for new. Again, sorry to say I Don't think they can make that D.E. new but if you sold her "fresh re manufactured" you would get that $2300 asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by FoorTwenty View Post
    If you did $1650-1700 It would probably sell. GTT's and Bethlehem's (pretty much any torch keeps it value, even a RedMax (I don't understand why)). If you want face value for your D.E. you should get it reworked at GTT and sell it for new. Again, sorry to say I Don't think they can make that D.E. new but if you sold her "fresh re manufactured" you would get that $2300 asking price.
    Thanks! Offers in that range will be strongly considered..

video on you tube (and I think even on GTT's website) show how to tighten the valves, will take 10 minutes, a dremel with a wire wire wheel will clean up the face of that torch real nice (be sure to have oxy on when cleaning so no debris falls down into the ports/tubes), usually it is just some build up that affects the candle appearance, GTT could resurface a torch face dozens of times, they would take off .001s of an inch, we have air manifolds on 12 torches here and they get maybe 10 minutes of use a week, great if you want to make marbles out of crayola colors or use unencased cads on the surface, otherwise.... and while Delta's are not quite in the demand they were 10 years ago when they were the hottest torch GTT made they are still a great workhorse, don't give it away

oh yeah, where are our samples Ivan? lol, much love

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    video on you tube (and I think even on GTT's website) show how to tighten the valves, will take 10 minutes, a dremel with a wire wire wheel will clean up the face of that torch real nice (be sure to have oxy on when cleaning so no debris falls down into the ports/tubes), usually it is just some build up that affects the candle appearance, GTT could resurface a torch face dozens of times, they would take off .001s of an inch, we have air manifolds on 12 torches here and they get maybe 10 minutes of use a week, great if you want to make marbles out of crayola colors or use unencased cads on the surface, otherwise.... and while Delta's are not quite in the demand they were 10 years ago when they were the hottest torch GTT made they are still a great workhorse, don't give it away

oh yeah, where are our samples Ivan? lol, much love

Hey Joe!! Didn't realize it was you until I read that last sentence...I appreciate the advice, we cleaned up the jets really nice and I'm looking into tightening the valves up. I really look forward to the next time that we can get together. Send Debra my best....

The old knobs with the roll pins through them aren't really self-adjustable. The newer ones with 2 piece caps are, I don't know when they changed but any super loose gtt I've seen has the old knobs with the pin thorough them. I have an ancient one and my knobs are nice and tight but my propane cuts off if I push the knob and I can't fix it myself, I'm not brave enough to pound the pin out and tinker. I don't know if the old style knobs just do that.