The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hose Holster -Blowhose Holder-

Default Hose Holster -Blowhose Holder-

Heya, I just wanted to announce a new product! The Hose Holster.

I've been using an.. unmarketable version of this for years, and I've finally put together a somewhat professional looking, feeling, and performing version!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blowhose holster coiled.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	688.1 KB 
ID:	88985

Name:	blowhose hose holster.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	672.6 KB 
ID:	88986

Name:	blowhose holster on table side.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	694.6 KB 
ID:	88987

I put up a YouTube video going over most of the adjustments that can be made to accommodate each individual user. Don't worry, I took the one from the video to work. No spit on any outgoing setups =)

https://www.youtube.com/user/firekistglass

available at my Etsy shop, Link in my signature.

Also, I'm announcing that I've changed my blowhoses slightly.. I'm using adapter fittings instead of the adhesive i'd been using.. not a major change, but a change none the less. I have no intention of going back to the original version.
    Thanks!
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

Default Re: Hose Holster -Blowhose Holder-

Nice, I dig it. Might have to order one to try out.
    ~Misha

I have 6 that I can make available for a discounted price of $20!. (I can not setup etsy to expire the code after 6 uses.. so.. maybe you luck out and i have to send the official one) There is 1 fitting that is not the "official" fitting. It works just the same, but it's smaller.. so i think it looks a little better, but it does make it a little more difficult to put together and take apart.. which.. is fine when you have one.. but when you assemble a bunch of them.. you sure get a blister fast. =)

Order the holster through ETSY, but use the coupon code GLDGHOLSTER I will ship the different version. this version is setup for 6feet and under. sorry tall folk! Please don't mess about and try to get the 10$ off without getting this holster, i will cancel your order.. unless it's over 100$ or i really like you.. ok.. if i like you AND it's over 100$.. or something. YES, YOU CAN ADD OTHER THINGS TO THE ORDER, BUT YOU GOTTA GET THE HOLSTER =) sorry for the confusion.

e. ross at 4.0 glass just picked up the 1st one this past weekend, and he's given it his approval =) more should be rolling out soon =)
    Last edited by Firekist; 02-17-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:

I'm in for one. Thanks!

Thanks again Sky! packing as i type.. well.. almost.. heh
    ---seth

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

very kewl, seth!
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

Sweet. I'll likely grab one within the week. They're ugly af, which is a thing to me for some reason, but I have yet to Macgeyver a long term solution and I am super clumsy with my hose. I'll figure out a way to sparkle it or something gawdy, I'm sure. Don't take that offensively, it's not your fault I'm a princess. Just checked out your etsy. I love that Infini-V too. great idea!
    Last edited by yinzer; 02-18-2017 at 12:10 PM.

man.. you should see how ugly the prototypes are Yinz!
    I did search and search for different colors of these products.. and it was just not happening.
    The orange was not really a "made" decision.. it was the only product I could hold in my hands and decide it would work. (if not orange.. translucent milky white.. which is way grosser to me.)
    If you find a source of comparable silicone hose, in different colors, i am ALL for changing up the color scheme. =)

I have tried lower profile splicers (1 of which is on the gldg specials), and they are almost invisible.. but they are MUCH hard to put together, and the consumer would have a real hard time making the adjustments if they need/want to.

sigh. i really tried!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQAXcdlqAL0
    i can only think this might be a starting point for .. dollifying this up a bit..
    or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkX2xgoSAJk
    if you'd prefer taking advice from a belly dancer

gluck!
    Last edited by Firekist; 02-18-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: .. adding a link to a belly dancer. need i say more?
    ---seth

This looks insanely practical one look at it and all I could think it every time I drop my blow tube or it falls out of my mouth and routinely cursing. Great design

I'm an amateur(warning)

Bonus points for boobs at the end haha. Kind of what I was thinking. found some faux fur that is heat safe and not all gross chemical wise (which is important to me). I'm really excited to try this. I am literally so clumsy with my blowhose that I often make my life unnecessarily harder by not using it. Really great idea. The kind that makes me want to kick myself in the butt for not thinking of it haha. My blowhose is currently wire wrapped like a 5 year old did it,and can get stabby.
    Last edited by yinzer; 02-20-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekist View Post
    I have 6 that I can make available for a discounted price of $20!. (I can not setup etsy to expire the code after 6 uses.. so.. maybe you luck out and i have to send the official one) There is 1 fitting that is not the "official" fitting. It works just the same, but it's smaller.. so i think it looks a little better, but it does make it a little more difficult to put together and take apart.. which.. is fine when you have one.. but when you assemble a bunch of them.. you sure get a blister fast. =)

Order the holster through ETSY, but use the coupon code GLDGHOLSTER I will ship the different version. this version is setup for 6feet and under. sorry tall folk! Please don't mess about and try to get the 10$ off without getting this holster, i will cancel your order.. unless it's over 100$ or i really like you.. ok.. if i like you AND it's over 100$.. or something. YES, YOU CAN ADD OTHER THINGS TO THE ORDER, BUT YOU GOTTA GET THE HOLSTER =) sorry for the confusion.

e. ross at 4.0 glass just picked up the 1st one this past weekend, and he's given it his approval =) more should be rolling out soon =)
    Hey do you still have any of the $20 holsters? I would love to scoop one! Thanks!

I beleive I have 1 left Jon. I'm going out of town Thursday, and will be closing down my Etsy store while i am gone. I'll post when They are gone, and if I have to send a normal one, I will =)

thanks!
    ---seth

I beleive I have 1 left Jon. I'm going out of town Thursday, and will be closing down my Etsy store while i am gone. I'll post when They are gone, and if I have to send a normal one, I will =)

thanks!
    Hey Seth,
    I just saw this message. If you still have it, I'll take it!

you are welcome to it Jon! I just reopened my shop today. I was out of town and had to close it for a couple days. =)
    you should go through etsy.. if it gives you problems, email me firekistglass@gmail.com messaging through the board is not easy for me.

thanks!!
    ---seth

you are welcome to it Jon! I just reopened my shop today. I was out of town and had to close it for a couple days. =)
    you should go through etsy.. if it gives you problems, email me firekistglass@gmail.com messaging through the board is not easy for me.

thanks!!
    Just placed the order, Thanks Seth! My Fiance just placed an order from you 2 nights ago for a blow hose and swivel. If you didn't ship those yet, can you ship everything together to save shipping costs?

Thanks Jon! Glad we got those combined and upgraded and squared away. Happy Birthday!

I'm back from vacation, for anyone that was waiting!

I'll keep these Melting Pot specials available.. hopefully until I get Yinz taken care of =)
    Thanks!!
    ---seth

You guys... this thing is sweet. Just got it. Will give a better review after some more use, but so far the best (tiny) investment I've made in a long time.

be sure to watch my youtube video! i wouldn't say that unless i really really really thought you should watch it to be confident to make the changes to make it really fit you well.

i mean.. you could get lucky and it would fit well as is, but i cut almost 9 inches off the neck wire for my personal fitting.. and some off the orange tube coming up to the mouthpiece from the T.. i don't think i mentioned that in the video.

anyway, i'm glad your first impression was good yinz! today i taped my phone to it to do a live IG video.. butmy phone ended up overheating =)
    ---seth

Yo Firekist!
    Hey man Ive had one of your swivels for years and love it! great product.
    I stopped using a blowhose bc ive bee3n having problems finding "boots" that will securely hold a 12 mm tube, and having to tape the blowtube into my setup is just a bitch to have to do every time. I ordered 2 diff sets of boots from BS a while back thinking they would solve my probs but neither boot fits! luckily they were cheap. Im about to scoop up one of these, but if you could help me out w finding the right boots I need, so I can finally start using my goddamned blowhose again I would really appreciate it! and even to fit the 9mm tubing would be great as well, as I sometimes use that for handles as well.

J
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"

FWIW nube's short use, I stumbled onto using the outside caps used to seal connections on 75 ohm coax cable. It fit my swivel and you can find them in different stiffness.
    Last edited by slippin; 03-17-2017 at 03:52 AM.