The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please help me make a high pressure whip from my homefill to my k sized tank

Default Please help me make a high pressure whip from my homefill to my k sized tank

Hey there! I'm setting up shop and have just about everything I need except for a whip, regulators and hoses. Would you be so kind as to suggest the exact components I need to make a whip ? I'd be very grateful!

Default Re: Please help me make a high pressure whip from my homefill to my k sized tank

You're going to need a small homefill bottle to scavenge the fitting off of, or find the homefill-specific quick connect fitting for sale, that's the hard part. The fitting on the bottle that clicks into the quick release on the machine. If you can't find one or you don't have a small medical bottle to get the part from there's a way to bypass the quick release coupling but I haven't done it so can't give advice on that. There are 2 different homefill bottles/nipples, some have a 1/4"npt fitting and some have an O-ring boss fitting, I think it's 9/16orb but not sure. If your fitting has an o-ring you need a 3000psi orb-to-npt adapter.

Other than that you need a 3000psi hose with 1/4"npt female ends, a cga-540 fitting with 1/4npt male end (like on an Oxygen regulator) and a cga-540 tee, 2 males and a female, like a tee to hook 2 regulators to one tank.

Any additional tanks you'll need another hose, cga540 tee, and 2 cga 540 fittings. You might be able to find 3000psi hoses with double cga540 ends pre-built on eBay.

You can add a guage or a shutoff but there's no need and it's just more fittings to leak. I always have a regulator hooked to mine so I can always see what pressure the line's at.

Default Re: Please help me make a high pressure whip from my homefill to my k sized tank

Salt city glass also sells prebuilt whips. A little more expensive than diy but peace of mind.
    If you buy any fittings make sure they're cleaned for oxygen-safe use, or get some oxy-safe cleaner. Everything has to be clean, any oils from the factory could be a disaster in a pure high-pressure oxygen environment. If you pay anyone to build it, make sure they understand this. Any hydraulic/paintball/scuba shop could build a high-pressure hose but the cleanliness is very very important for our oxygen applications.