The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: want to buy your chineses white opaque rods

Default want to buy your chineses white opaque rods

do you have some of that chalky, bumpy, super opaque chinese white? I want to buy it, as much as you have.

feel free to reply here or send me an email with what you have and what you want for it: aaronkslater@hotmail.com

Default Re: want to buy your chineses white opaque rods

Boy lots of folks hunting that these days .

How bad do ya want it .

I got some tube but if I sold it I can't buy more of it it's the rough stuff .

I have not tried the less dense smooth stuff yet but I have some
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

firekistglass@gmail.com shoot me an offer. i should have 20+ lbs of the old rough white. I'm not terribly motivated to sell, you'll have to provide that =)
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

the tube is still being produced, you would just need to pull down, they are not producing the rod because they released their "magic" white and are selling for way more then they sold the opaque white for, you can buy from UST, they call it opaque white (or describe as old/chalky) under $10 a pd

How does the Magic White perform? Who has tried it?
    I need to get more white in next order and just learned how to effectively work the crusty now that i'm on my last stick and it's not around.

I have a 25 mm five foot rod for sale or trade of the good stuff. message me on facebook if you want it.
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

i need some too... pm sent to SWim
    thanks
    josh

wtf is the "magic white"? is it that almost clear in rod form "striking" white?
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Quote Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
    wtf is the "magic white"? is it that almost clear in rod form "striking" white?
    yes. its the new china hype.... having it color change... supposedly anyway thats hype. hahaha.

but yes thats what everyone is talking about... magic white...

there is nothing magic about it. It leaves clear streaks that wont strike white, otherwise its an ok color on the outside. Light tiny checking on insideout pipes after two weeks. I am switching to it for certain things because I can no longer get 16 mm rods of og white. I have one rod of 26 for sale because I am sick of pulling that shit down. get at me 50$ shipped for the whole rod. I will cut it up so it fits in a flat rate. someone hit me up

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    the tube is still being produced, you would just need to pull down, they are not producing the rod because they released their "magic" white and are selling for way more then they sold the opaque white for, you can buy from UST, they call it opaque white (or describe as old/chalky) under $10 a pd
    none of that is correct. they quit producing the white years ago, everything you buy, tube and rod is old old back stock. same with the red. when he red rod runs out, there will be none, or there will maybe be a replacement. There is tube available because he color is shitty in tube form by itself, its shocky and brittle and barely acts like boro

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    How does the Magic White perform? Who has tried it?
    I need to get more white in next order and just learned how to effectively work the crusty now that i'm on my last stick and it's not around.
    buy every chinese color in two stick samples. your gonna be surprised..... they will take over the color market completely eventually, they are better all the time

Formerly known as Skuzz

call UST, talk with Frank, ask him for the "old" or "opaque" or "chalky" white, he will know what you are talking about, there was a newer run of the tube done within the last year, the 25mm tube is now 4mm wall, the original run was a 2.5mm wall, you can pull really nice rod out of the tube, it is shocky if introduced to the flame cold, if you preheat in a garaging kiln you will very little problems, our shop goes thru about 100pd of this tube a month, this color is available from reputable distributors for probably around $10 a pound

also looks like ABR still has some in stock (item code ar-white25) $52.50 for a 4 foot piece of 25mm rod

hope this helps

UST item codes are :Old White 26mm Rod $423 for 47lb case ($9 pd), Opaque White Rod 7mm $660 for 44pd case ($15pd) I would guess the 7mm is a newer batch and price went up from $9 to $15 a pd

they only have the larger sizes from what I understand. you can buythe fat boys like i have from several places, I have it priced cheaper. its 57$ a rod for 26mm from ABR I want 50$ shipped. I think thats cheap enough, I only have one rod for sale.

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    call UST, talk with Frank, ask him for the "old" or "opaque" or "chalky" white, he will know what you are talking about, there was a newer run of the tube done within the last year, the 25mm tube is now 4mm wall, the original run was a 2.5mm wall, you can pull really nice rod out of the tube, it is shocky if introduced to the flame cold, if you preheat in a garaging kiln you will very little problems, our shop goes thru about 100pd of this tube a month, this color is available from reputable distributors for probably around $10 a pound

also looks like ABR still has some in stock (item code ar-white25) $52.50 for a 4 foot piece of 25mm rod

hope this helps
    I pay my rent with this stuff, you cant get the smaller rod, online catalogs dont mean much man, you have to call as you said. since the beginning of my lampworking job bs whatever you want to call it, I have used pounds a week. I have a phone too, I call these people

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    there is nothing magic about it. It leaves clear streaks that wont strike white, otherwise its an ok color on the outside. Light tiny checking on insideout pipes after two weeks. I am switching to it for certain things because I can no longer get 16 mm rods of og white. I have one rod of 26 for sale because I am sick of pulling that shit down. get at me 50$ shipped for the whole rod. I will cut it up so it fits in a flat rate. someone hit me up
    shit man! i'd take that in a heartbeat, but i'm stuck with about $40 in my PayPal acct. if you still have it in a few days i'll definitely take it. fats are fine, i sort of like pulling it into whatever size i need for the application.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

What is jade white then?
    I have like 5 pieces of the old Asian white and I love it. I hope I can get more.

you still looking for this stuff. I believe I have a small tub of it. I have to look through my colour stash. Do you have part numbers or a pic to make sure that I am looking for the right stuff.
    I make cool stuff out of things that were, forgotten, tossed and thrown away.

~It ant broken, till it can't be fixed no more~ Words of wisdom, from the grease wrenching queen.
    www.sweating-the-details.com
    Youtube channel; powered by estrogen
    Instagram; sweating the details

this rod is still available 50$ shipped, that is below retail not even coutning the free shipping. these are 58$ plus shipping normally

Formerly known as Skuzz