The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abr vip club review (7/10)

Hybrid View

Default Abr vip club review (7/10)

Hey everyone i decided to type a quick review of the abr vip club since ive been using it for about 4 months now. I

-$25 shipping credit on each order- This is great for the guys who like to order as they go, more often. Tools, a lb of color and some clear will easily fit in the boxes they send so shipping is usually free.

-Many options- ABR has a wide variety of things to stick in said box, and the website is overall easy to use. Although i do have to visit Mountain Glass Arts to see color descriptions because they do not list them on ABR. Sometimes this leads me to make purchases from Mountain Glass instead when i see stuff they have that abr doesn't.

-Customer Service- Customer service is very kind although your initial bank statement doesn't represent the discounted amount and you have to wait for the discount to " go thew" and refund the money to your account.

-Packing- Everything is packaged very well and i haven't received a damaged order yet. Shipping is fast for ground but im pretty close.

Product Stock- This is the largest downfall of the club. How am i sopped to use my discount when nothing i really want is ever in stock. With Glass Alchemy going direct to buyer i would think they would want colors like Star White powder, Onyx powder, Star White Odds, Star White Seconds, Onyx Odds, Onyx Seconds. They allow you to reserve as much as you want befor its even in stock again which really fucks everything up, most sites have a button to email you when it comes instock. I mean technically 1 shop could buy all the Oxyx Seconds for the next year and leave guys like us to buy somewhere elce even though we payed for this VIP CLUB...One time i thought i got lucky and the Onyx thats been out of stock for 4 months didnt say "out of stock" but i was quickly called to inform me that they in fact did not have the product. I wonder what other products are never there i havnt noticed yet.

So all in all if your a little newer to the game this club could be GREAT to help you on shipping with the " damn i didn't know i was gonna need one of those." or "Maybe i shouldn't get a ton of this right now incase its not what i need". But if you have your tools and need glass that actually in stock..Consider your options.
    Last edited by Sparko; 10-03-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Default Re: Abr vip club review (7/10)

Sweet

Sometimes things are out of stock but if you call they have more or something very close to it.

I wish I got free shipping. My next order will probably be $75 shipping. Ah... just shipped a small flat rate package for $35 to France for a customer too. So it really adds up quick.

http://www.eu-glass.com/borosilicate...licate/tubing/ Boom, there yah go. For regular sized clear tube anyway. Im pretty sure you use that with your wrap and rake spoons and bubs right? Its always free shipping for these and i do like they're glass, although i have been picking it up since i live close to a warehouse of theirs so i cant comment on shipping quality.

That is like twice as expensive for half as much glass then I get now. I get almost 2 cases for $75 shipping and it's around $250 total.

Is the push with the poker in it nice from abr? I have only used a rays poker or shaped graphite rod and straight pick. I don't use the poker tool because the holes are big but I had a request for that size hole. I'm about to order and I am thinking about it.

i dont like ABR overall. i find the website a hassle. stuff is always out of stock, and frankly they are a little shady in shipping orders ( my experience ) i order mostly from MGA or go down to glasscraft in person but thats about to end considering they closing the colorado location.

i dont do clubs anywhere... boro art supply is great when you need a bunch of color on discount

like or dislike, its hard to manage if you dont want to fuck with both ABR and mountain glass. there are sweet spots at both places, and you cant get all the shit you need from the others, at least I cant. I still have not had a bad experience with either company fwiw, and I buy alot of stock from what they tell me
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Well said swim, guess it's just a shame we can't get it all in one place... what a thing to bitch about haha. Eventually amazon will buy all the glass manufactures anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass Glass View Post
    Well said swim, guess it's just a shame we can't get it all in one place... what a thing to bitch about haha.
    Those are high class problems for sure. In Australia there is 2 scientific boro suppliers and cases of duran cost $400-600, and costs way more if you buy partial cases. Just this year we finally got a supplier for china boro and it's still $250+ a case. And the only option for tools are shipping from overseas unless your a bead lady. Boro color is $100/lb minimum, Illuminati is $240/lb.

The next time a US supplier screws you around just remember, it could be worse.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Well yeah nebula, your on some bumble fuck island out near asia lol. I would have already left.

Next time I come to Aussie I'll bring u 10 lbs of illumiati

Default Abr vip club review (7/10)

Can't you import from Asia directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Can't you import from Asia directly?

Last time I used sea shipping half my stuff disappeared at customs due to corruption issues in my country. Air freight seems to not have this issue.

And any savings is negated by the obscene cost of customs brokers here, last time the custom brokers fee alone was $1700 for 3 pallets, that does not include the freight cost or import duties.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Color here is about $4.20 lbs for ns cobalt.

Ouch. Glass pipes must cost a fortune there?
    I have spin station customers there. I guess they pay a lot for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Ouch. Glass pipes must cost a fortune there?
    I have spin station customers there. I guess they pay a lot for one.

That is the upside yes things do cost more here. I routinely see flower slides going for $80+ and ashcatchers going for $180+, I was shocked when I saw simple tubes costing $400-500. Customers know it costs more for local wages/materials so they are happy to pay more for local work. Customers buy imports too but they expect to pay less because wages are less, even US imports they expect to pay less than local work.

Minimum wage is $18.30/hour so people have the money to spend for the most part. I grew up in Canada so I can definitely say the standard of living is better here but some things cost a lot more too, houses start at $400,000 within hours of any city. I know people who I would not consider rich that have homes worth nearly 1 million.
    Last edited by lost nebula; 09-09-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Housing is like that in New York too.
    People earn a lot of money in this area. They think of me as minimum wage.

Products are cheap in New York though. We have so many $1 stores and imported everything. Food is cheap to eat out most places in the city. Except high end restaurants.