The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abr vip club review (7/10)

Default Re: Abr vip club review (7/10)

Hey Neb this is all very interesting to me and im glad you shared. If minimum wage went up to 18.30 the cost of a cheeseburger would be the same price. Thats why i laugh at all the "raise the minimum wage" protests here in America. How much does a burger cost in Aussi land?

Minimum wage for fast food is $15 hour here now

We have $1 menu cheese burgers and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Hey Neb this is all very interesting to me and im glad you shared. If minimum wage went up to 18.30 the cost of a cheeseburger would be the same price. Thats why i laugh at all the "raise the minimum wage" protests here in America. How much does a burger cost in Aussi land?
    Most international brand stores have very similar prices, for example the cost of a cheeseburger is the same here as in North America. How they do this with increased wages and costs I don't know. But that same cheeseburger in a mom and pop restaurant would be 50% more than it's US counterpart. I think if the US raised it's minimum wage it would not affect much, except for the workers lifestyle.

People act like these companies are working with super thin profit margins and I don't think this is the case. Maybe smaller businesses would suffer but if a couple dollars an hour makes your business not viable anymore then it wasn't really future proof anyway.

Edit, now that I think about that. The reason for large brands having lower pricing is probably where their supplies come from. If your Mcdonalds, buying supplies mostly from overseas, the local wages don't come into play much. But the mom and pop stores do have to pay for the increased wages, at every level of their supply chain.
    Last edited by lost nebula; 09-10-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Billyben Lurker

Who's the new ozzy supplier neb?

I'm in NZ and have the same troubles with materials pricing. When I used to get stuff from Affordable Inspirations in Aus I think it was cheaper for me, as shipping from $ Aus < $ shipping from USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyben View Post
    Who's the new ozzy supplier neb?

I'm in NZ and have the same troubles with materials pricing. When I used to get stuff from Affordable Inspirations in Aus I think it was cheaper for me, as shipping from $ Aus < $ shipping from USA.
    Here ya go.

http://www.blowninglass.com.au/boro.htm

also, Not sure if you have a local supplier for schott but Helm is good.

http://helmaus.com.au/lab/tubing/
    Last edited by lost nebula; 09-10-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Billyben Lurker

Cheers boss.

*edit; shit still pretty pricey at $10 / kg for a case @ 26 kg / case of 25 x 4. But then shipping a case from the US costs circa $300 USD, so it's still a saving.
    Last edited by Billyben; 09-10-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Cheers boss.

*edit; shit still pretty pricey at $10 / kg for a case @ 26 kg / case of 25 x 4. But then shipping a case from the US costs circa $300 USD, so it's still a saving.
    But do the math on color rod, it comes out to less than $7 per pound AUD.

Billyben Lurker

Ahh yes true, and colour tube is cheap, especially the purple - $10 AUD / lb compared with $18 USD / lb @ mountain glass

Ahh yes true, and colour tube is cheap, especially the purple - $10 AUD / lb compared with $18 USD / lb @ mountain glass
    Also fyi, he has more than he advertises on the website when it comes to color rods/tubes. He advertises 7 colors and I got at least 12 different ones last time I ordered so be sure to ask what he has in stock. We get screwed with prices on everything but somehow get good prices on china color rod/tube, I don't get it but i'm not complaining.

I just ordered from abr. I'm happy with my order.

I'm probably good on clear tube until Christmas.

I get a nice discount on glass but it normally covers shipping.
    I had to pay rent or I would have gotten more. I'm going to need color tube for ornaments very soon as well. Maybe more dichro too.

Sweet shipped already. Cool because I am down to my last 3 tubes of 25.4 mm tubing. Back to work now!

Got here so quick. I'm fully stocked up on glass for a while.

All stocked by abr.

Well, id like to say now that its time to renew my ABR VIP membership, I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE FUTURE. (worst 200$ i ever spent)

I ordered high temp "therm-x" tape from these guys they claim can withstand temperatures up to 1200*. It burns up and smokes heavy at 1050*. They are false advertising a custom product made specifically for ABR. It cost me 75$ and they WILL NOT REFUND. This was only a month ago.

I wanted to inform everyone so no one makes the same mistake i did.

Never had a problem. I’m saving up for another case now. I buy all my glass from abr. Probably keep 3 cases clear and 10 lbs color rod in stock.

Yeh, I used to order everything I needed from here. I'm getting into full color now and said screw it, g.a all day. As for my tools Im rollin with mountain glass, they sponsor torch talk so I'm down. I havnt had a tv in over 5 years so youtube channel sponsorship means a lot to me. Youtube and hulu, that's it.

Have you tried Lampwork Supply? They have a color club and their service is great in IMO.
    "demanding respect doesn't get you shit

love your fellow man" Mute

https://www.facebook.com/brian.cesario.56