The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuming

Default Re: Fuming

The only i/o fume i really do is combs, so as far as normal I/O fume sections, I'm not the guy. The list of colors you quote me as listing, they are all possible with just gold. That's actually the progression they will take applying gold from light to heavy. To get blue, the glass has to be so so so cold. The blue often doesn't stay, there's only one way I've found to keep it. Red is also possible with gold (like when you do a fume dot implosion, red will come from just gold).

With silver, I can make almost every color in one circumstance or another (for instance, the red from just silver, or orange from just silver, I've only gotten in combs) Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Indigo/Violet is possible from just silver. With all of this being said, when i do a rainbow fade, I use gold and silver together.

Tomorrow I'll be posting an old school bubbler I just made. All surface fume, no trapping. It's not that great, but i really liked the fume. It has purple from just gold. @MorningStarGlass.

EDIT: Clarity

Default Re: Fuming

I had no idea you can make all those colors using just one or the other silver/gold. thats really awesome.