The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Default Pricing

The us 33 thread got me thinking about pricing....

For funsies what should these sell for:

To a shop: $?

Instagram: $?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C13F8FD-F27A-4AAE-A851-5D3A03CE4714.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	92000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6B14FEC-07F7-4EE8-B3D3-361EE81EAB65.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	92001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE67EB7C-7817-404D-9A62-52F22942C8D8.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	92002

Default Re: Pricing

I'd be looking to get between 150-200 for all three to a shop, or about 100 a piece direct to a person. Don't sell yourself short, looking good brother!
    Without love in the dream
    It will never come true

Shops pay 1/2 retail, that simple. Its called keystone pricing, and every shop I've talked to or delt with uses it. I charge $10-$15 per wigwag in a piece wholesale to a shop, and some for assembly. I do most of my pricing based on what I as a customer would be willing to pay for the piece.

Those connections just don't look worked to me.

I wouldn't sell them, like that.

Fix'em then sell.

To me it is all about shaping before you can actually sell things. Those aren't finished. 5 or 10 more minutes in the flame and they would be done.

Selling them like that is only selling yourself short.

They may last forever like that, who knows. Customers dont , so technically it wouldn't matter to some, possibly most. But IMO it hurts the better artist/worker.

Someone who takes the time to fully shape and finish their art, now has to compete with that. An unfinished product.

Just my .02¢
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Those connections just don't look worked to me.

I wouldn't sell them, like that.

Fix'em then sell.

To me it is all about shaping before you can actually sell things. Those aren't finished. 5 or 10 more minutes in the flame and they would be done.

Selling them like that is only selling yourself short.

They may last forever like that, who knows. Customers dont , so technically it wouldn't matter to some, possibly most. But IMO it hurts the better artist/worker.

Someone who takes the time to fully shape and finish their art, now has to compete with that. An unfinished product.

Just my .02¢
    they are 100% melted in and they are the shape that i wanted them to be.

Hard to argue with that.

If that's how u want it...idk what to say. I guess I find it hard to believe someone would purposely make that shape. Say you were sketching out a drawing, I just find it hard to believe that would be in the drawing.

Not trying to badmouth your stuff. Just hear a lot of people say, that's how I wanted it...when in fact the thing they were trying to replicate doesn't have that and is in fact the shape of a step within the shaping procedure. Does that make sense?

If we were working together, I'd work one the way I expect them to be and you could tell me if you liked it or not.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

i know what your saying because i used to make sherlocks where the top of the seal looked like that, that hard angle from one piece to the next, i wonder what the weld would look like if you cut it in half. its a sexy piece, Like mute said im not trying to take anything away from your piece.

Wow, i was thinking about Misha's post on that thread and was thinking how we need to come together and talk about prices more. We would need to examine every possibility for making some sort of pricing platform that will be consistent across the country. Obviously some areas have a higher income level but that shouldn't change the price of a rig should it? To figure out this problem were going to have to examine more the one solution to the problem before deciding how to go about it. Maybe there's no linear way to price a pipe...I guess thats a possibility too.

Jackass is a online friend of mine and I get what your saying .

If you look at the top side or inside of u bend it almost has a crease .

I see lots of folks have same look in that spot .

Not saying anything bad but personally I don't like that appearance .

Usually I notice it with newer workers that fear if they go any further in that area it gets way to thick and they have not learned how to used gravity and head keep that from happening.

But always it's prob worked in and fine .

Just giving my two cents . Hope you don't take it like I'm bagging on ya .
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

totally appreciate the comments everyone. i see that it looks like its got a hard edge in the pic. its just very close and an illusion of the photo, you can run your finger nail over it and its smooth.

it may be smooth at the junction, but i think what they are trying to convey is that the pipe looks like two pieces stuck together, instead of one flowing piece of glass. if it was worked a little more, get the areas next to the seal soft, and make them transition together smoother and not so abrupt. it would probably look even better, and who wouldnt want to strive for even better, right?

Nice I would try to get $100 each. Maybe at least $65 though. I have problems wholesale prices above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Nice I would try to get $100 each. Maybe at least $65 though. I have problems wholesale prices above that.

That's about what my area would pay too.

Thanks nomad and snoop.

That figures. No thank you to the people who gave you positive criticism. Just the ones that said what you like...smfh sheez

Couldn't be people throwing salt in game?

Well I would sell those for 100$. To an unnamed shop. Couldn't be over inflation? Possibly self perpetuated.

Example.

Car salesman asks how much he should sell a used car for. Other salesman says to sell it for 2000$. While he is slangin them out the back door for 1000$....lol

Classic
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    That figures. No thank you to the people who gave you positive criticism. Just the ones that said what you like...smfh sheez

Couldn't be people throwing salt in game?

Well I would sell those for 100$. To an unnamed shop. Couldn't be over inflation? Possibly self perpetuated.

Example.

Car salesman asks how much he should sell a used car for. Other salesman says to sell it for 2000$. While he is slangin them out the back door for 1000$....lol

Classic
    He asked for pricing help, and then said thank you for the pricing help. I don't see the problem here. Perhaps it's because I didn't understand the example.
    Without love in the dream
    It will never come true

Quote Originally Posted by H1JACK3R View Post
    He asked for pricing help, and then said thank you for the pricing help. I don't see the problem here. Perhaps it's because I didn't understand the example.
    Probably
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by H1JACK3R View Post
    I think the mix-up is from Jackass thanking eveyone for their comments, getting 2 more quotes afterwards and thanking them specifically. Think if you missed the previous post, Mute maybe took it as a backhanded "thanks for nothing" to everyone else.

Anyways, the example he gave would be messed up. Telling your competition to bid high so your offer is better. I don't see it as all that likely to happen here. Ideally because we're a community, but also since we're wide-spread enough to where self interest of that type shouldn't get in the way too often

Heresy= 1 infraction point...
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Heresy?