The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Seam Lathes

Default Seam Lathes

Anyone taken delivery recently that has some insight to share.. that we havent heard anyway?

just curious how its all shaking out for those that went in on these. still in the back of my mind to scoop one of the bench tops.

Default Re: Seam Lathes

Don't know either . I know folks that went with the guy in states as a go between are still upset and comment any time that cat post in other threads .

I have not herd much from guys going direct .

But you seem to be a guy that wants a good machine at a fair price .

I don't know your budget but from hearing you talk I imagine a litton HSJ or a U lathe would be right up your ally .

If get another unit that's what I would want . I might be projecting my wants on you lol sorry if so
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

I picked up a table top last spring. I had ZERO problems with shipping or the machine. Although I am looking to sell it because I have moved into a different industry/ business....

Where are you located, PHANTOM?

Ordered the Benchtop 2 weeks ago and was sent BOL for 23rd February delivery. When nothing showed up on the 23rd I called the shipping company and was told weather delayed the lathe and new delivery was set for 26th February. Called today (26th) and was told lathe is in Tacoma and I would have it first thing next week. I was just sent an email update that now puts delivery out to 16th March............................Not sure free shipping is gonna be worth it.

Update 2/28 - SEAM lathes did reach out to me on the evening that I first posted this. They had contacted the shipper and was told the Lathe will be on my doorstep Mar 5th now. I will say on company's behalf that they have bent backwards to make this happen, I'm guessing this shipping probably cost them 3x's what they normally pay for this type of promotional.
    With the exception of lampworker supply, any other company in the Glass industry I have dealt with immediately rescinds the free shipping offer when you tell them your from Alaska.
    Last edited by twingster; 02-28-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twingster View Post
    Ordered the Benchtop 2 weeks ago and was sent BOL for 23rd February delivery. When nothing showed up on the 23rd I called the shipping company and was told weather delayed the lathe and new delivery was set for 26th February. Called today (26th) and was told lathe is in Tacoma and I would have it first thing next week. I was just sent an email update that now puts delivery out to 16th March............................Not sure free shipping is gonna be worth it
    hmm that sucks that it reflects poorly on SEAM as the shipper is clearly failing here. hope it arrives undamaged asap!

A Salem student that i know just took delivery of one. He said the transaction went smooth, and 3 people who have used it said it's straight. I haven't used it, but the video looked nice.

Update on SEAM lathe - sorry for late update, I have been out of town working. The Lathe arrived on time as promised (5th March). Due to my shop moving in May I decided to leave it on shipping pallet. We did level the lathe and it appears to be running true! The control Cover was damaged in shipping and SEAM has shipped the replacement. SEAM was 100 % responsive to my needs and concerns on this transaction. I have only had time to spend a couple of hours on the lathe and have nothing but good to say about how it works . We had a small bump in shipping, but SEAM did their best to straighten out the shipper.

I would do business again with SEAM lathes.

Kevin Twing
    Igloo glass

Awesome
    ~Misha

Seam manufacturers introducing a 85 mm bore size double chuck Lathehttp://www.talkglass.com/forum/asset.php?fid=84843&uid=30202&d=1538718489

Seam manufacturers introducing a 85 mm bore size double chuck Lathe

Specifications in lathe library
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD Chuck 5.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	93270