The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nectar Sunglasses

Default Nectar Sunglasses

This may not be the exact correct subforum for this, I apologize in advance.

I have terminated my business relationship with Nectar Sunglasses. I will continue to provide replacement lenses for their frames on a non-warranty basis.

I do not have any replacement Nectar branded frames, they have been sent back to their warehouse.

Default Re: Nectar Sunglasses

This forum is fine for announcements such as this. Thanks for the heads up!
    ~Misha

Thanks, Misha!!

My Aura lenses would benefit from having a new frame. I saw the exact frames I got from you at Home Depot: 2 years ago for $1.99. I should of jumped on them when I saw them. I can't find the frames anymore. They were the Patriot Safety frames with split lens #286 in them. What's a person to do? The frames I have are still usable, I just need to also wear a jerry-rigged "croakie" to make them stay on.

Are they cracked or chipped? If so, that's a frame warranty issue and I'll replace it. The Patriot is long gone, the manufacturer doesn't even make it any more. However, I do have a safety frame design that is nearly identical - the OG 220S. Link: http://www.auralens.net/en/on-guard-...7-safety-frame

You'd get new lenses as well, as part of the warranty program.

Hi Mike, thanks for responding.
    The lenses might have some (very little) abrasion, as I have had them a long time. I am pretty sure I can find the receipts, but I bought them in 2001 I believe. I don't think there is any blemishes on the lenses that affect vision (such as light flares). I don't wan't to take advantage of your kindness, it's just that the ear posts for the frames have rotted away after all this time- so I can only use them with a hand sewn lyrcra (spandex, croakie) to make them stay on the head. Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed, but if there is nothing to say - I understand.
    -Thanks, harpentuan AKA Harp.

That's a warranty issue. The lenses wouldn't fit into the new frame, shape and circumference of the lens is slightly different. It's part of the warranty, there's no taking advantage of us, it's what we do.

WOW! That's great customer service. I love my Aura's.

What happened with nectar? I liked some of the earlier style frames they used a couple years ago, but wasn’t too much of a fan of the frames they sold recently with dydimiums. I’m very picky about the frames I like, I honestly don’t see any on your site that I’m into, how do I make sure that if I buy frames somewhere else, that you’ll be able to put lenses in them?

If you find something you like, send me a picture along with a product link if possible.

Frames need to be "Rx-able", which means they are designed to have prescription thickness lenses installed. Most sunglass frames are NOT rx-able, and there will eventually be problems keeping the lenses from popping out of the frame. Rayban frames are your best bet, a goodly percentage of their sunglass line is rx-able.

they were shitty anyways, had my glasses since i started... watched friends break nectars left and right

Quote Originally Posted by Rojas View Post
    What happened with nectar? I liked some of the earlier style frames they used a couple years ago, but wasn’t too much of a fan of the frames they sold recently with dydimiums. I’m very picky about the frames I like, I honestly don’t see any on your site that I’m into, how do I make sure that if I buy frames somewhere else, that you’ll be able to put lenses in them?
    I have some aura nectar shade fives for sale 280$ shipped is what i paid I think, you can buy them. the lenses are too heavy for me.
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

MIKE will you be looking to work specifically with any other frame designers?

Right now, I work with ABR on SPY and Oakley branded frames plus the occasional Rayban frame.

I haven't seen many sunglass frames that I can stand behind 100%. That's why most of what I sell are street wear Rx-able frames. I fully warranty them, in fact just did a full warranty replacement on a 20 year old pair at no charge to the customer.

Most sunglass frames (even the name brand models) are cheaply made pieces of crap. They are designed for a 1.5 mm piece of plastic lens, not for a 4+ mm thick glass lens. Rx-able frames ARE designed for that weight and hold up over time. Sunglasses typically don't have good hinges while rx-able frames have quality spring hinges with metal screws.