The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hand torch valves

Default Hand torch valves

I'm looking for a set of hand torch valves. I plan to buy a Smith little torch and needs the valves to lower the pressure.

Best,
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jseid94 View Post
    I'm looking for a set of hand torch valves. I plan to buy a Smith little torch and needs the valves to lower the pressure. Best, Josh
    Looks like my answer and my thinking was flawed. In my world a regulator regulates pressure and a valve meters flow.

Obviously you can make it work with a set of valves or they wouldn't be sold as they are or recommended by boro.

So yes the hand torch will see the same line pressure it's connected to but the flow will be metered down enough to regulate the pressure but only after the gasses are flowing through the torch. Makes me want to dig through the archives and revise my thoughts. Still I wouldn't revise my setup. I like to have separate regulators for my hand torches.
    Last edited by somewhere; 05-26-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Default Re: Hand torch valves

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to somewhere again. +1 for not having your ego attached to your response, and being willing to change it based on new info.

I have always run my hand torches off the same pressure as my bench burner. Now I have an additional reg for my hand torches, I only notice a difference with stock tips. I find the aftermarket tips handle higher pressures much better without blowing out.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Default Re: Hand torch valves

And if MGA is out of stock the inline regs can be purchased direct from National.
    https://nationaltorch.com/torch-regulators/