The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Opaque color

Western P.A between Pittsburgh and Erie right on the ohio border

Default Opaque color

Im new to glass blowing been doing it for a lil over 6 months and wanted to venture into some of the opaque color glass does anybody have any tip on how to work it

Default Re: Opaque color

check this out for starters: http://northstarglass.com/users-manu...sitive-colors/

use a lot of oxygen to cool the flame, and work out in the outer regions of the flame. also preheat your rods very slowly, some people even put the rods in the kiln to warm them up some.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Thanks i placed an order already i got the green and purple tubes and rods ill let u no how my venture turns out much love on the advice

Origin color is very opaque.

So i thought about buying origin bars the white, black, and yellow but after reading about them i took them off my order, i read that u had to melt them down and mix then pull before u can use them witch intimidated me cuz im working with a national 8M torch with a 21 port tip a small torch that uses a lot if oxy cuz of how slow it melts ive been able to do noce work with it though spoons, marbles, hammers and other things but wish when i made my purchase i went with a gtt. I got this torch cus i was able to get everything else with it hoses, regs, a few tools, and my kiln at the same time i jest wanted to melt so bad an am now kicking my self in the ass for the torch buy. So because of this some thing got me intimated boro bars being one of them but what about paramore co

Is the 8m really that bad? Gtts are hotter than other torches but you shouldn't have trouble mixing up some color with any oxy fuel torch. 21 ports should make a plenty large enough flame i would think.

No not that bad idk if my pic for my profile shows but i made that spoon with it i striped the tube melted it in an blew it out but took me like 2 hours jest to get the color in dont get me wrong not a bad starter torch i can work wonders but it takes me forever to really work in colors and get a full melt and its only about 1inch flame so the longer it takes to melt the more oxy i waste on one piece witch cost if i had a hvo low pressure system i wouldnt complain cuz oxy would be nothing nothing is worse than stressing over how much oxy i got left to finish a piece so i hurry up witch makes mistakes esp as a beginer. So i think my first move is making an oxy set up then on to a bigger torch cuz im spending to much on oxy i get 2 days on a k tank and if im lucky 3 to 4 pieces if im not doing a lot in color the struggles real lmao and if u look at my pic of the spoon the color i used was boro batch mead love that stuff an boro batch moonshine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180821_044640.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	93226