The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Northstar and TAG

Default Northstar and TAG

Northstar and TAG just shared this on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Instagram
    Exciting news for the Flameworking world!

NorthStar Glassworks, Inc. and Trautman Art Glass, Inc. have come up with a creative and synergistic way of working together. Abe Fleishman and Paul Trautman have been talking for the last year about how we can better serve glass artists with American made, colored borosilicate glass, at fair market prices, with expanded availability . As two of the industry leaders who have pioneered the colored borosilicate glass industry and shaped it as it is today, we feel this will be a great benefit for the community. As of sept 24th all T.A.G orders and sales will be shipped from the Northstar facility in Portland Oregon! Please bear with us as we make this transition for the borosilicate glass community. We can’t thank everyone enough for the support and love all of you have offered us!! One love Abe & Paul #nsgtag #forthegreatergood #glassofig #borocolor @trautmanartglass @northstarglass
    Sounds like they are just combining warehouses?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	93227
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

Default Re: Northstar and TAG

One comment I read on FB indicated that this was the beginning of the end for wholesalers. I'm not sure I put any stock in that, but take it for what it's worth.

Their post throws a few buzzwords into a basically nothing event, combining a warehouse.
    Presumably there is more behind this, like an actual merge of the companies on a more relevant level. I can't see how TAG sending glass to NS warehouse before shipping (?) will improve the supply of glass in any way.
    I do what I know, I don't know what I'm doing

Lets just get hypothetical.

North star starts producing t.a.g. , pays a royalty to Paul/ or whatever (not important)

Tag has been producing some sub par color lately.

So north star does not want people to think the crappy tag was produced at north star. North star starts telling people they are only shipping out tag. (not telling people they batched it) Like Ceberus said, "It makes NO sense to move all tag color to north star just to ship it."

So, if I were a betting man. I BET you find out in a few months that all tag is produced at the N.S. Factory. Just as soon as the old tag stock is all gone.

I do have other reasons to think this hypothetical will become a reality....
    Last edited by BORO; 10-18-2018 at 04:55 PM.

lets hear your other reasons BoRo hahaha

I wouldn't bet against Boro.
    From a bottom line perspective Boros guess is likely to be spot on. With so much overlap of color palette it would make sense to combine the similar basic color families into the larger facility and do R&D/specialty/brand exclusive colors in the other or some similar arrangement.
    That would definitely be "a creative and synergistic way of working together", I could see it working well for everyone.
    I do what I know, I don't know what I'm doing

oh yeah i have full faith in BoRo i think it would be a sweet merging of two companies Maybe just maybe it would lower prices on some colors?

My guess is simply that Paul's getting old and wants to retire. 6 months from now you'll find out Abe has acquired the recipes and Paul's retiring.
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

That would mean at least Abe is doing well. I’m sure he is going to get more customers. From what I know he is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
    My guess is simply that Paul's getting old and wants to retire. 6 months from now you'll find out Abe has acquired the recipes and Paul's retiring.
    This is the most likely outcome in my opinion. Paul wanting to retire is highly likely at his age and I think your right that Northstar may either buy the recipes or produce the color for Paul. Pretty sure the colors will not disappear, at least the popular ones.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

Also can’t forget the little fact that northstar is Moving Gaffer from New Zeland to their Portland facility. Do i smell some kind of giant merger into ONE big Boro making company...and glass alchemy.

I was told that north star actually purchased tag....

^^ do you have a link that backs this up? just curious. i was under the impression that they (TAG) were just shipping from the NS warehouse.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

I just texted abe to ask, I will clear this shit up lol fr fr , no bs, really just sent the text, he has never ever not answered a uestion
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

I was told santa is real. (Insert "Nodice like *cough* " here)

Even if I knew the answer, even if others know the answer, the general public wont know.

Contracts and money will make something like a merger come to light in due time.

he has not answered yet, I would say if I have not heard back in an hour I wont. I would not ask if I was not genuinely curious
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

I was told from a reliable source that yes tag sold out to ns. More details then that but yes ns will be producing tag colors from what I was told. It seems to me it has obvious advantages keeping that information quiet. I have no dog in the hunt just passing on info.

Lol paul starts ns ... sells it .. goes to china trains them come back starts tag .. sells it to ns . This whole thing got me ordering glass alchemy and momka more .. i like to root for the underdog