The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OxyFrog VS Hvo

Default Re: OxyFrog VS Hvo

sorry if it is redundant but can you guys give me a link preferably ebay to an analog adjustable check valve?
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

maybe leave out the word analog and do a google search...swagelok has them, and cleans them for service of o2.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

that was the first one that came up in the search

Formerly known as Skuzz

cool , think I dound one with a 2 psi "crack" which seems to be the term

Formerly known as Skuzz

The "cracking" pressure or the pressure required to open the diaphragm in the check-valve, is actually different on the "adjustable" check-valves.

It is usually given in a range such as 50-100psi.

Opening pressure being 50psi minimum and 100psi maximum.

So even if the holding tank dips below 50psi, the compressor will still pull the same amount of oxygen it would at 50psi, keeping the purity in a tighter range.

I think i'm going to do a small write up on the low-pressure oxygen storage set-ups like these, with a simple drawing. that way it will clear up some confusing terms or configurations.
    Last edited by Mute; 12-19-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Has anyone actually used an adjustable check valve with their system? I got a 50-100psi one and used a craftsman shop compressor to measure/set the cracking pressure to 80psi, but when I attempted to use it inline, my Gast really struggled. I ended up pulling it out as I was less concerned about overdrawing the oxycons than beating up the compressor. Not sure what the issue was or if I made some stupid mistake, but I figured I'd play around with it again if/when I need to rebuild the compressor or change up the system down the line.
    "But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."

Instagram_______Etsy_____

i actually left mine out of the system due to the pressures staying above 50.

If i were to use it, i'd set it to the lowest setting and adjust the resistance if needed.
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

I think alot of the time when people build something their looking for that one key factor that sets your product apart from the rest. The oxygen frogs thing that keeps un pure oxygen out while the concentrators are getting warmed up sounds cool but from my testing the HVO doesnt produce any different results. Im not a fumer but my colors that need extra oxy stay true and i never had a problem getting an oxy flame under any circumstance. I think theres so much oxy compressed in the tank at full purity that the 2 minutes befor its pure really doesnt matter. I think its probably more important to have a purity sensor on your concentrator then your compressor system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    i actually left mine out of the system due to the pressures staying above 50.

If i were to use it, i'd set it to the lowest setting and adjust the resistance if needed.
    That would seem to defeat the point of putting it inline, no?

My system is set up to draw off of 4 10lpm oxycons and is pretty much at optimum efficiency right at 80psi. For over 80psi, I have a a blowoff valve plumbed in before the compressor, to vent the excess o2.

But if I wanted to put the check valve in-line, the whole point of it would be to keep the compressor working as though there was 80psi in the tank, even if I brought the tank pressure below that point. Setting the check valve to 50psi would mean that it would effectively be doing nothing unless I majorly overdrew the tank, right? It wouldn't matter unless things got down to 50psi, as I understand it. Essentially, most of the time I overdraw the tank, I wind up maybe at 70psi, rarely below that, so an adjustable check valve set at 50psi wouldn't do anything for me.

Has anyone actually used an adjustable check valve in their setup? I've seen some chatter, but never any actual real world experience. Based on my own experience, it was easier to skip the valve, but if I'm missing something, I'd like to wrap my head around it.
    "But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."

Instagram_______Etsy_____

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
    That would seem to defeat the point of putting it inline, no?

My system is set up to draw off of 4 10lpm oxycons and is pretty much at optimum efficiency right at 80psi. For over 80psi, I have a a blowoff valve plumbed in before the compressor, to vent the excess o2.

But if I wanted to put the check valve in-line, the whole point of it would be to keep the compressor working as though there was 80psi in the tank, even if I brought the tank pressure below that point. Setting the check valve to 50psi would mean that it would effectively be doing nothing unless I majorly overdrew the tank, right? It wouldn't matter unless things got down to 50psi, as I understand it. Essentially, most of the time I overdraw the tank, I wind up maybe at 70psi, rarely below that, so an adjustable check valve set at 50psi wouldn't do anything for me.

Has anyone actually used an adjustable check valve in their setup? I've seen some chatter, but never any actual real world experience. Based on my own experience, it was easier to skip the valve, but if I'm missing something, I'd like to wrap my head around it.
    yeah, i agree with that.

Same reason i didn't put it in.

there is no reason it wouldn't work.

the only benefit i could see if you never went below 50 psi with an adjustable check-valve, would be the initial fill. It would be more pure, initially.
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

I Had issues using adjustable check valve as well.

So....does this mean everyone can build and sell their own oxygen systems now!?!?

yes
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Seriously? Your not pulling my chain Mute? My cousin builds his own cnc machines and agrees with all of you all in that building these things is a breeze. He builds custom parts for drones on his cnc machines and is always looking for a way to improve various gadgets. Im really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for the HVO machine. Right now hes drawing up some stuff in cad for me. Think reamers with heat fins, and reamers made of titanium (for fun experiment) lol. I plan on coming here to sell them first.

Reason i ask is my Mighty Max drone runs super hot compared to the Mighty Mite. I noticed they reversed the computer fan on the green box. It was pushing in air instead of pulling it threw the unit like on my original main head unit. I can only guess they changed this because of the MAX over heating. The room has to be considerably cooler for the MAX compared to the Mite or it will trip the motor and turn off. I wish I just got the mighty mite drone and not the max.

Sounds like well all be tinkering on these things for years to come.

In the last couple years Iv built a wood lathe, belt sander, glass grinder, a cnc engraver, cnc laser engraver , a 3d printer and a small race motor.
    The 3D printer has 2 computers, 2 heaters, 4 stepper motors. These thing are getting bad ass now days.

Building an oxygen system here in 2019 is child play. It wont be long till we get cryocoolers to make liquid nitrogen for a liquid oxygen distillery and trapping our own liquid oxygen.

Its not magic, oxygen is everywhere,21% go on and get you some.