The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OxyFrog VS Hvo

Default Re: OxyFrog VS Hvo

^i did the same, except each con had a relief valve and the compressor had one on the inlet also.

only did that because with one it was still kicking off the weakest link.

after adding the extras, no issues.

not sure what the rating on the plastic oneway valves i used, but it was very low. Ones i used were from inside old/broken concentrators.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

I dont think it will be long untill everyone is just making there own systems. Someone will post an in depth video or thread sooner or later, its only a matter of time im sure. Mtn glass and abr will probably even sell the parts in kits, kinda like how they do with enails on some websites. Just a prediction.

bro, there have been threads and people making their own for like ten years or more
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I dont think it will be long untill everyone is just making there own systems. Someone will post an in depth video or thread sooner or later, its only a matter of time im sure. Mtn glass and abr will probably even sell the parts in kits, kinda like how they do with enails on some websites. Just a prediction.
    People were making their own and teaching each other how long before these businesses got started. That's the entire point of the court ruling we're talking about here (see original post).

I don't want to make my own. But I also don't want to be sued if I decided to, or watch anyone else be sued for sharing info on how to do so. We have been for a long time before either of these companies came along.
    ~Misha

Fortunately, setting up your own DIY HVLP system isn’t any more complicated than hooking up your torch and foot pedal. It’s all just screw fittings, hoses and hose clamps.

yea once people realize how easy it is to set one of these up .. there are going to be a lot of people who feel really dumb for paying thousands of dollars for a syestem that should cost 1000.00 at most ..

Wonder if any of you seen this one. Pretty ghetto, that plastic tote with a plastic bag and a switch, interesting.. Hope you guys enjoy.
    https://youtu.be/AOmxpgXQ3VA

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Diesel View Post
    Wonder if any of you seen this one. Pretty ghetto, that plastic tote with a plastic bag and a switch, interesting.. Hope you guys enjoy.
    https://youtu.be/AOmxpgXQ3VA

Its craptastic and ghettorific!

Pretty good job for a wookie. It shows how simple it is when you break it all down into basic steps.

Have been running oxyfrog since March 2016 and aside from some startup issues with the control box, this thing has not had a hiccup in all that time. The issues had to do with undersized wiring for the size of the system (5 concentrators, plus the compressor). I kept burning out the thermal resets over and over. Replaced the connecting wires with a new wiring harness and have not had any issues in 2 years. So I am pretty happy with the system. I also looked hard and long at HVO during the process and the decision was not an easy one.

Update and reply to hvo's rep above.
    ~Misha

Damn i didnt know there was a a-z tek written up on here. Go ahead and throw a link and up SWIM. Lets get it sticky'd. Untill i see that im like w.e if you say so. I know theres been threads but you think a good one, a complete one, would be stickyd.

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

Would it be dickish of me to say, "I told you so"? Oh well, I'll take that chance.

Not really, when your not proving anything anyway. I said a thread with a a-z tek (from the original poster, duh), not one of the thousand "how do i do it threads" with random responses from the usual suspects. lmfao

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

The point of my post obviously went completely over your head, Sparko. I wasn't responding to you at all. In fact, it may surprise you to know that I actually pretty much agree with what you posted immediately before me.

If you'd like to know what my post was actually referring to, try clicking the link in it. That may give you a clue.
    Last edited by brads; 12-17-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Oh ok, cool. I was like wtf? thats not a a-z tek thread. I got you. I think alot of people realize that oxygen is the missing link for most people to either be blowing glass, or not. So no ones really ready to give up the goods, in fear of a further rise in competition.

In the conversation of HVO vs. Oxyfrog....I've recently seen Scott from OxyFrog talking about his Active Compression Control (ACC). It seems like a really cool thing that would be a pain in the ass to program. I'm thinking HVO doesn't have anything like that in their system....wouldn't this give an OxygenFrog a clear advantage over HVO?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P0rn View Post
    In the conversation of HVO vs. Oxyfrog....I've recently seen Scott from OxyFrog talking about his Active Compression Control (ACC). It seems like a really cool thing that would be a pain in the ass to program. I'm thinking HVO doesn't have anything like that in their system....wouldn't this give an OxygenFrog a clear advantage over HVO?
    no. it was discussed here a while back.

personally i came to the conclusion that it is just an adjustable check-valve.

the digital pressure control unit used doesn't support that type of programming.

if hvo setup there system right i think the brain in that setup would actually support actual programming.

not really saying one would work better or not.

just kinda like analog vs digital imo

more than one way to skin a cat and i'm sure both have there pro's and cons.

i'm more of an analog type
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    no. it was discussed here a while back.

the digital pressure control unit used doesn't support that type of programming.

if hvo setup there system right i think the brain in that setup would actually support actual programming.

not really saying one would work better or not.

just kinda like analog vs digital imo

more than one way to skin a cat and i'm sure both have there pro's and cons.

i'm more of an analog type
    Have you seen the episode of torch talk with the oxygen frog guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    I disagree, I've been pretty sure for a while the active compression control is just a small 1/2 hp or 1hp Variable frequency drive like the ones Wolf Automation sells. Scott always cleverly dodges my comments when I mention VFD's. All that would have to be done is adjust the VFD based on pressure/vacuum in the concentrator line.

HVO seems to think they are not needed, and they certainly get good results without it. I'm with mute, an adjustable check valve does the same thing and analog is always more dependable.
    Last edited by lost nebula; 12-17-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."