The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ask throwdown

Default Re: Ask throwdown

As far as "42Degrees Glens Falls" goes, I made it very clear what happened to me. I tried to kept it to the facts in this instance as much as I could. I needed it documented after the owner tells me "they will all laugh at you" and hangs up. Everyone knows the "two sides to every story." So they can hash it up how they (42) sees fit.

In this instance, the glass community has come together here and other places. Sounds like truth will out. I feel like this will have been made as right as it can be. (As long the actual "people in our industry" do what's right. Sounds like that may happen. )

Hopefully 42 degrees puts up the numbers and math. Not that it changes anything, they just gain transparency. I don't know if they will ever realize their youngest employee was at fault.

I feel the worst for Danny. Had Klip glass done his job, I really think the people ( who actually know clean glass) were swayed by Bmoney's piece that took longer.

As far as me "blowing up" B moneys spot to the rest of the world. That's not my job to make a enime. Even if I was a dick to point it out to him personaly , before and after he finished. He chose to be pushy and act like I did not exist. It does not feel good to be an adult in a professional setting and not be taken seriously. Had I not spoken up at the party, 42* would have never believed a word or done a thing anyways. I did what I had to do.

Having never met some of the people that have reached out to me. I thank you all. There will be a silver lining lit with flames.

Mods please close this thread before anything goes south. I would like it to remain on the sight for reference.
    Last edited by BORO; 12-13-2018 at 10:41 AM.

I think you did the absolute best thing you could do. My personal opinion is that 42* shouldn't have let B Money go up for voting because he went over, and I think B Money shouldn't have accepted votes/money when he knew he went over. If -EVERYONE- was cool with him going over, then I could see it. If the people voting were notified that this piece was not 100% completed in the same time window everyone else got, then I could see it. Maybe actually publishing the times along with the pieces would be a good idea, and would help voters pick pieces. For instance..if you can't decide between two pieces, but one was done in half the time, you might see that as more worthy of your vote. I saw where 42* said that the contest "was not rigged", but I don't think anyone is really accusing them of that, I think people are accusing them of poor organization, and unfairly applying the rules. That's not a good thing, but rigging implies previous planning of the outcome, and I don't think that specifically happened, I think they just let B Money go over and didn't realize that that's kind of against the spirit of a contest (of any type), and I think they are surprised by the backlack that they have gotten from you as a competitor, although it is completely valid and reasonable.

Closed.