The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: China White opaque

Default China White opaque

Looking to purchase small amount ( 1 lb) of some China White Opaque - not the Jade White. Would prefer smaller diameter size (no bigger than 12mm) if possible. Can't seem to find it anywhere other than ABR and they only have 25mm size rods and this is my go to white for compressions. Can anybody help?
    Thanks.
    Roberta

Default Re: China White opaque

What's a pound worth? I think I got axis to a old pallet of the stuff. I'm at glass Vegas so I won't be back in New England for 20 days? May be longer. My current colabb/shop space options are Vegas>salt lake>Eugene>Denver> St.louis> new Orleans (maybe to see swim, st.louis is close. ) > lansing michigan> Detroit > back to New England. Might be able to get it expidited if it's worth it for him to do it? I believe it's standard size. Drop me a d.m.

I have a car full of greasy glass. If anyone wants me to stop through , hit me up. I'm booked up melting, but I still need to meet some of you guys in person.
    Last edited by BORO; 02-13-2019 at 12:17 PM.

^11$ plus shipping
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by BORO View Post
    What's a pound worth?
    Last I heard was $50-$60 per pound. Lots of people looking for that color
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

Is that the stuff that's basically Paramore white? Or the more transparent one?

i have a couple lbs of the "rough" opaque china white...but it's in 12mm or 15mm thick rod form. i don't recall exact size, or exactly how much i have but if someone needs, i can check and verify the size and weight. i'm not going to be using it anytime soon.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rez cash View Post
    Is that the stuff that's basically Paramore white? Or the more transparent one?
    Not Paraamore or transparent. It's a super dense white that has a very rough texture on the rod but melts out smooth. It's still the densest white IMO. Great for implosion/compressions, inside out, and vac stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

as far as i am concerned, it was damn near the "holy grail" of boro whites. too bad that they stopped (hopefully only temporarily) producing it.

to make it a little less prone to boiling (or to make borobars bright white a lot more opaque) i'd take and mix china white with the boro bars 2 parts boro bars to 1 part china white, and drill mix them. that was my personal favorite recipe for a white that didn't boil, didn't check, and was quite workable even on the surface.

I tried shouting it from the top of this soap box, but nobody seemed to listen or maybe they just woren't commenting at the time,,,idk

makes sense maybe i fucked it up by saying shit, but it is good white, i've still got a pound or two and at the rate of my current glass career, that could be a lifetime supply.... Haven't torched in almost one year...

thinking about jumping on and having some fun soon though.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

i do not consider this white inside out compatible. i've had plenty of it check a little bit after a couple weeks. In all of my other uses, it's been great.. and it's been by far the whitest white.. which to me sounds crazy.. but.. it puts other whites to shame. (ok, maybe not lotus or a couple others.. i haven't seen a few side by side.)

tell me what you'd want to pay for a pound(s) of the 7mm rods.. i have something like 20lbs. I don't want to sell, but i'm happy to when it's worth my time.
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

Popular color. I have hardly any left myself. The spin stations are made with it and it is very popular.

I do believe this color is back in production, but strangely not available for you guys in the US yet. I've gotten a newer batch of it a month ago and it looks just like the OG white but with a slightly smoother texture, not totally smooth but not as rough.

I have not melted it yet, so I can't speak to how it works. But I would be willing to bet this is the new replacement for that color. I'm still working with 10lb's of the old white I stocked up on so i'm in no rush to switch.
    "Don't get me wrong gtts are nice, but I'm more about that Issac Hayes smooth talking flame over the "come here boy you got a purty mouth" prison sex flames that gtts are known for."

10 pounds...but that is like 70$ worth of color...you baller
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Firekist View Post
    i do not consider this white inside out compatible. i've had plenty of it check a little bit after a couple weeks. In all of my other uses, it's been great.. and it's been by far the whitest white.. which to me sounds crazy.. but.. it puts other whites to shame. (ok, maybe not lotus or a couple others.. i haven't seen a few side by side.)

tell me what you'd want to pay for a pound(s) of the 7mm rods.. i have something like 20lbs. I don't want to sell, but i'm happy to when it's worth my time.

i honestly never had an issue, no matter it iso work or deep encasement/implosion applications, although i have heard of enough people having this issue to know it does exist. i've always wondered how in the heck different people can have such drastically different results.