The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Uni-Wheel or.. Wheely tool.. or.. Wheely cool Graphite tool.. or.. ... pizza cutter

Default Uni-Wheel or.. Wheely tool.. or.. Wheely cool Graphite tool.. or.. ... pizza cutter

The other day my son said the brain named itself. .... i'm sure it wasn't his original thought, but it did make me laugh a lot.

here's the latest tool i've come up with with for working on the lathe. I used a horrible version of this tool for over a year on our lathe, and, once i made it not horrible.. I fell in love with it. I use it every time I use the lathe. And, there will be upgrades coming soon.. ish. =)

This tool can be used perpendicularly to the tube to make constrictions for shaping, or after a constriction, you can let the piece somewhat cool, and give it the wiggle and snap.
    Also! you can use this tool on an angle, use the beveled or flat edge as a marvering pad for detailed work. I love it for keeping maria edges crisp, chilling nearby glass, and other hard to describe functions.

the rotating graphite causes very little drag, so there is very little twisting of the glass underneath. There is very little wear on the graphite, as it rolls with the glass. Please roll on hot glass, as it will extend the sharpness of the graphite wheel.
    and now for the pics or it didn't happen: (video also available on my Instagram account @firekist. yeah, it's private.. cause my wife made me do it.
    ... sorry, i'm being computer illiterate, and i can't get my photos uploaded. what's happened to my mind.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6667729...-wheel-shaping pictures are there. sigh.
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

Default Re: Uni-Wheel or.. Wheely tool.. or.. Wheely cool Graphite tool.. or.. ... pizza cutt

There was an involuntary server migration and the only images posted now are hosted externally or via Tapatalk.

Pizza Cutter seems like the most natural name to me.
    Last edited by Subduction; 03-21-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Default Re: Uni-Wheel or.. Wheely tool.. or.. Wheely cool Graphite tool.. or.. ... pizza cutt

resist the pizza cutter!
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

Love all my firekist innovations