The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ISO claw grabbers!

Default ISO claw grabbers!

Just seeing if anyone has an old extra pair laying around they don’t use anymore they’d let go of on the low? Don’t have the $75 I need for the large pair from ABR and certainly don’t have the $300 for a pair from Matt Eskuche yet, though I know when I do have the money I will get me a pair from him! Just looking to find something to get me through this cup order until I can find my old pair or afford a new one!

Default Re: ISO claw grabbers!

Mannnn.
    My buddy had a pair of those Eskuche grabbers. He said they worked well for a year or so but then somehow got stuck in the open position. I tried to torque down on them to free the slide movement without breaking them but we didn't ever get them functioning again. Seems like a lot of $$ for a tool to do that. Does anyone have other experiences with them as tools? I think ill stick with HA for grabbers as those tools r titts.
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"

I havnt heard anything like that before and I’m sure Matt would be willing to help out with something like that! He’s a stand up guy and they seem to have improved in design since I first started seeing them! I def love the HA grabbers but I don’t know how good they will grab cups or inside of pint glasses etc. as that’s mainly what I’m focused on making right now.

I have two pairs of Eskuche grabbers. The big claw grabbers and the ones that hold onto the foot. I have had them for 10 years or so and they still work like new. I do clean a little surface rust off of them from time to time. They are my go-to when assembling any stemware because they are so well centered and balanced. I haven't used HA grabbers but I would guess they are very nice also.

Mine might be the older design, I haven't seen the newer ones. Where are they available?

Direct from Matt on Instagram! $300 each.