The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: National hand torch, torch tips, group of tools, and glassblowing books on eBay

Default National hand torch, torch tips, group of tools, and glassblowing books on eBay

Just started some new auctions for a brand new National 3A hand torch, HTC-2 and HTC-3 multi port tips for National/Veriflo 3A or Carlisle high capacity hand torch, a group of glass tools, and Contemporary Lampworking Vol I &II. All starting at $0.99 with no reserve. Thanks for looking and good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/glass0360/m...1&_ipg=&_from=

Default Re: National hand torch, torch tips, group of tools, and glassblowing books on eBay

Hey lux, did you have a humongous studio or a retail shop? You got all kinds of stuff. I still got some honeycomb millie I got from you years ago, super clean work. Let me save up few bucks and I'll see what you have available millie wise. Good luck brotha..

Default Re: National hand torch, torch tips, group of tools, and glassblowing books on eBay

Snow Diesel,
    I used to have a pretty big studio with a couple lathes and a few benches. When I moved I set up a much smaller shop. I held on to everything for a while thinking I might put it all back together but for now I am comfortable with the small space and much lower bills.

I have just started making new honeycomb millis and should have a good variety in the coming weeks.

I think I bought a Homefill off you a while back. If I remember correctly, I got pretty good hours off of it and now it lives in my Homefill graveyard.

Right on, yea I was curious. Seems like you got everything under the sun and multiples!
    Yes that was me. Haha, homefill graveyard. Yeah I got couple in my graveyard. Probably the same ol problem, piston #5 and than #4 those damn seals that no one ever could find replacements. Well in case you didn't know, salt city glass finally has them available. I'm down to my last two homefills, and as soon as the next one goes I might try to go that route.

Snow Diesel,
    Thanks. Last time I checked they were out of stock. I know a couple of mine need new seals. I have replaced bearings and a motor before but I have been a little nervous about the seals. I did finally open one all the way up to see the seals and it doesn't seem like it will be too much of a problem.

side note on the home fill, I found the issue to be the check valve in the head on the #4 and #3 cylinder. cold temps will effect them. try turning them on a tank with 500-1000 psi and heat the brass with a butain torch. I have gotten 2000= hours out of my old home fills.