The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missing pictures?

Default Missing pictures?

I have had a few complaints of photos gone missing. I am trying to sort it out with the new server (server sold us to someone, not my choice) but I see the pics so I have not been able to provide them very clear info. Can you send me screenshots and tell me how you're accessing the forum when you aren't seeing pics that you should be seeing?

Ways to access the forum include, tapatalk app, desktop with a browser such as chrome, firefox, etc.

Thanks for the help.
    ~Misha

Default Re: Missing pictures?

If it's easier, send screenshots to me on fb or my email eugenerain@gmail.com
    ~Misha

Hey, good to see some mods back.

Ive been using Tapatalk to upload pics. Just for example I know in my progression thread all of my previous pics are gone. I'm pretty sure the last ones I did before 2019 were from 2016. Def a bummer to lose all of those. Dont know if their is anything that can be done about that.

Much appreciated for all the effort you put into this place and hopefully one day we can all talk glass agian.

Misha - could you try registering a new user to see if the pics are only showing for you due to some admin settings? Here's some examples from pc browsing, but it's the same (in essence) on tapatalk in that the photos are just gone.

I've only been able to get photos to work by hosting on an external site and using the [img][/img] code.

Take this old awesome thread by blue lily studios. It used to be an amazing photo tutorial/walkthrough, but now it's like someone just deleted them inline:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All photo threads are like this for me.
    "But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."

Instagram_______Etsy_____

It's Def a problem on the server end. They are looking into it but I'm trying to get them as much info as possible. Thanks for the URL and help.
    ~Misha

All of my pictures in all threads are gone. some have an attach link that does not work, most have no picture at all.

On a phone tap talk, on a p.c. , on a phone on the full sight, does not matter. I might have seen a pic in the "fresh out of the kiln" thread but i need to go check.

im in eugene if you want to see, or you can even just sign in as me.

The " are you a nasty bench" thread, the "ishots" thread, come to mind off the top of my head. i can not post pics on this sight after the server move, I cant get past the up load from p.c. window.

i will p.m. you a number to reach me at. Im in eugene the next week or more. (The vortex)
    Last edited by BORO; 03-26-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Back when I was doing tech admin work id run a little cron job to automaticaly download the back up of sites every day.

How often do you back up the data, is it lost?

I used to be a big dog on hacker,cracker and troll sites we found every security hole in software and turn a nice site into an over flowing toilet of filth and madness.
    We made trolling an art form, LOL.

I used filezilla FTP software to buld and back up sites, regular backup will save a lot of headaches with low budget servers. I also always used Linux servers, never windows.

I hope you get it ironed out. its kind of a bummer to not have any pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by BORO View Post

The " are you a nasty bench" thread, the "ishots" thread, come to mind off the top of my head. i can not post pics on this sight after the server move,

I don't see any pics on the ishots thread, either.

And this AMAZING thread "The Evolution of Honeycombs "The Quest of The Perfect Color"" is missing some pics

And here I thought yall were just blocking me...lol, typical narcisist ����
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

It could be a problem with folder permissions or a database issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post

Take this old awesome thread by blue lily studios. It used to be an amazing photo tutorial/walkthrough, but now it's like someone just deleted them inline:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- .
    Unfortunately this thread was filled with pics hosted on glasspipes.org which is nonexistent now.

Pictures that are hosted here on site should be viewable again. I checked around a few threads and see them but please let me know if your see any issues.
    ~Misha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190313_204301_819.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	93513

This is to test the upload of a new image.
    ~Misha

Appears to be working correctly as well.

If you have upload issues please let me know. Send me detailed info on the problem such as how you're accessing the site.

Thanks for the patience while I fixed this.
    ~Misha

quality suffered a bit, but who cares. I put a lot of time and images as "aid" in on this sight.

I need to get my personal backed up on the cloud.
    I must admit I was bummed when they went missing, happy they returned in some form.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by BORO View Post
    quality suffered a bit, but who cares. I put a lot of time and images as "aid" in on this sight.

I need to get my personal backed up on the cloud.
    I must admit I was bummed when they went missing, happy they returned in some form.

+1
    like as in the pics were compressed somehow? I am not sure that would be possible with how stuff was done in the backend, but I can find out. Apologies if that is the case. Being sold to a new server has not been fun, in any form. But so far they seem to be able to answer my questions and help me solve the issues. Knock on wood.
    ~Misha

most images look gritty or lower resolution?

I need to look at them through a phone. ( Im on a p.c the last few days. )

Even the test picture in this thread appears gritty?
    I will be the first to admit i have been wrong before.( I will look around)

I will use a different phone once I get back down to the shop later.

Does anyone know why Glasspipes.org is now defunct? I'm amusing that instagram basically killed it? i'm super bummed out about it. There was a ton of amazing work on there.

I was actually going to the double layer reversal ball thread a couple of days ago and assumed the missing pictures were because glasspipesis gone now. i'm glad i got everything i could out of those old tutorial threads while i could =/.

Glasspipes.org was not used enough to keep open.
    ~Misha

Hey misha. I’m not able to post pics from my phone, on the web version of the site. Just wanted to report. Using an iPhone. It gives a big long code, if post a pic of it for you but I can’t post pics ��