The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So... What's new in the glass world?

Default So... What's new in the glass world?

Anything positive please share!

Default Re: So... What's new in the glass world?

I got a new girlfriend who helps me get things done around home so I get a lot more torch time.

Sales are up and I'm filling up cases again, I'm thrilled. My torch gets fired up every day.

I got rid of the crazy bitch killing my motivation.

I just snagged a new Beth Grand for over a grand less than retail from ebay. Also got a GTT Yellowjacket from MGA (was only in stock for 24 hours). So I've blown my glass and equipment budget for this year. Otherwise, I think I'd get a GTT Cheetah hand torch from epochglass.com.

Tim hasn't updated his web page but it looks like everything is still in stock when you click the Paypal buttons and prices have been reduced further. Even with the 3% exchange surcharge Paypal charges the buyer, the stuff is now less than MSRP, delivered. My credit union (BECU) Visa doesn't charge extra for foreign transactions, my other card charges 3%.

I've spent more than a year contemplating moving so I haven't set up my studio. Finally decided to stay where I am so now I'll be running a couple of extra circuits in my garage, install the louvered fan, etc.

Subduction - Lucky you i had to drive all the way to alabama for my yellow jacket lol. But i did get lucky enouf to score my cheetah hand torch from abr a few months ago. Totally worth it though for both of them. I love how gentle the cheetah flame is, its perfect for assemboling my recyclers. Sometimes i get the seal started with the cheetah and then go in with the yellow jacket to finish it off. Deffinitly makes pieces with multiple seals eaiser.

Yeah snoop, i figured out you gota consider how cool they are with glass before you commit to anything.

Sparko, what length of Cheetah do you have? I already have a (new style) 7" Beth Sharp but I'm thinking I should have bought the 4" version for bench work. Interesting that according to published specs, the Cheetah burns 2.5 lpm propane max vs. the Sharp at 3 lpm.

From the gold part to the bottom of the "head" is 5" and the head is 3" long. Honestly i wouldnt change a thing. Never really considerd the propane usage, id just chalk that up to port design. The tripple mix is great at completly "combusting" (i guess that word works) all of the propne. Thats why the neutral flame has so much range on a gtt i think.

I live in my glass studio so i just measured that up reall quick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHHT-4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	93516 (picture test)
    Thanks, Pam at GTT told me that is a 10 inch model.

Yeah i like it, it keeps my hand far enouf away that when im working a big piece my hand doesnt get hot at all.

Started picking up speed and interest from a lot of customers started shipping out of state and just shipped to Europe for the first time....really starting to see the light as this being a career one day. Girl friend takes time off of work to help my booth at festivals. Just got my company logo professionally made. Things are going good. Finally getting proud of my work.

I'm an amateur(warning)

good stuff guys...alelexi you deserve it your work is lookin fucking crisp.
    I've had a string of wonky failures the last 2 weeks, chalk it up to learning curve. Getting a redmax from RezCash so that will be a boost for me. I was down to 400lb of oxy tonight and went for something i've been trying since i got into this and here it is....my first honeycomb!!!

Pop that baby in the kiln for a few striking cycles! Looking good

I'm an amateur(warning)

I'm making moves and nailing down details to start building my off grid solar powered earthship studio in June. I can't pull a permit to build a studio until I build a house first but theres a loophole I dont need one for under 125 square feet so I'm going to build a tiny studio and turn it into a guest house or other workshop later. Tiny solar studio and septic install for my house are the goals for this year can't wait to get started.