The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seam Glass Blowing Lathes

Default Seam Glass Blowing Lathes

Bench top lathes 50 mm bore size @ $ 4000/- available

These lathes are made in India and assembled in Fullerton California and has one year guarantee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161102_15_46_06_Pro (2).jpg 
Views:	947 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	89905  
    Last edited by mahmood7; 04-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: Seam Glass Blowing Lathes

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood7 View Post
    Bench top lathes 50 mm bore size @ $ 4000/- available

These lathes are made in India and assembled in Fullerton California and has one year guarantee
    What is the cost to ship to ocala Florida?

[QUOTE=Gonzo719993;908200]What is the cost to ship to Ocala Florida?

$ 312 to Ocala Florida including lift gate delivery[ residence]

you need more information please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161102_15_46_06_Pro (2).jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	89970
    Last edited by mahmood7; 04-17-2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Hi
    All the Seam lathes sent from our California within USA is freight free and only charge $75/- for lift gate delivery for residence

Ali

What is the weight of the 50mm Bench top lathe?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdog6502 View Post
    What is the weight of the 50mm Bench top lathe?
    500 lbs.

Yes The weight on the 50 mm bench top Seam lathe is 500 lbs
    Last edited by mahmood7; 05-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood7 View Post
    Yes The weight on the 50 mm bench top Seam lathe is 500 lbs
    Nice so its not too bad to move to a home.

All my sales are to residences, not many to commercial locations. Almost all my customers are working from home

Ali

Can you give us the swing, bed length, total run out (tolerance), and other specs for the lathe? What kind of motor is it, what are the speed ranges, how is speed controlled, etc?
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Hi Doug
    Total bed length is 43", Chuck to chuck is 25" including One " projection [ teeth, jaws] outside the 50 mm bore on the chuck. extra teeth in tool box and numbered.
    lathe swing it is 7" from the center of the bore to the plate and 6" from the teeth [Jaws] to the plate

There are 4 bolts in the hollow part of the moving chuck and 4 L N screws on the bottom. These are for calibrating, tools are provided in the tool box. In cleaning or transportation or for unforeseen reasons I would like you to call for tech support for the first time and I or my mechanic will walk you through .

Regarding the cleaning of the teeth, they are numbered, I would really appreciate a call to tech support to walk you through when the lathe is in front of you. 714-443-8677.

On the speed control the dial is there to regulate the speed. The slowest speed is 45 rpm and it is 1750 rpm motor, these are made to last a long time and if there is a elect surge

the fuse will go off and will not hurt or burn the motor, the fuse is available in Granger or any elect outlet.

You have one year on the lathe manufacturers warranty.

Ali Khan
    Last edited by mahmood7; 05-25-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Nice so its not too bad to move to a home.
    I think if they would have made this model around 200 lbs they would actually sell. That's way too much weight for such a small machine.

The weight is necessary either American or Indian made Lathes for its stabilizing effect for glass blowing, scientific or water based items. 200 lbs.The lighter it is the vibrations is there even bolted on the table and the table bolted to the floor is ok for wood lathes which doesn't require the precision, steadiness, to make a water pipe where you fuse items inside to make a beautiful piece without defects that show up when annealing if the lathe even has slight variations.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I think if they would have made this model around 200 lbs they would actually sell. That's way too much weight for such a small machine.

I have a small machinist lathe that's nice but its 595 pounds, I dont think you can get too light and still have something substantial.

I spent a couple years on a lathe that was 55 tons,she was a big girl. No fun to move.

I have a small machinist lathe that's nice but its 595 pounds, I dont think you can get too light and still have something substantial.

I spent a couple years on a lathe that was 55 tons,she was a big girl. No fun to move.
    Litton U weighs just over 200 lbs and it's a tank. I think the Litton HSA tips the scales at around 350? Personally I think 200 lbs is perfect for a bench lathe.

what make you think that a u lathe is a tank?? serious question, I have one. HSA is not a bench top either. The reason these things start weighing alot more, even with bench tops is because of the bed size, which is a hurdle on the U lathe. My Ulathe is pimp, but your still sacrificing alot of space and shit that make big lathes omfy and easy to work on. I bet this seam is a piece of junk in comparison, but if it works correctly, its probably more comfortable and easy to use than a U.
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Like the american lathes.... they are super comfortable and easy to use, but they make a shit load of noise and I hear they dont last long. there are things to consider when jumping at a U lathe as well, of course someone would rather have a U, but I dont think you will find one for less than 12k. whats this machine cost?
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

I wurk on a pretty old U lathe, and its tanky
    Shipped a bunch of them to other khuntries as well
    And they show up with straight beds
    I wouldn't trust an AZ lathe to do that
    I don't trust aluminum beds personally
    Plenty of aluminum parts on littons, but I prefer a cast bed or that steel billet one looks pretty sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    Like the american lathes.... they are super comfortable and easy to use, but they make a shit load of noise and I hear they dont last long. there are things to consider when jumping at a U lathe as well, of course someone would rather have a U, but I dont think you will find one for less than 12k. whats this machine cost?
    Seam lathes run very smooth and hardly any noise and quality at its peak and Seam stands by it. The price is $ 4000/-

Still like to know the swing.

In a glass lathe swing is the distance from the center line of the bore to the top of fire carriage. This lets me know what size burners I can mount, and what size pieces can be worked... Swing, along with bed length and chuck to chuck length, is one of the most important measurements in a lathe.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓