The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homefill compressor issue

Default Homefill compressor issue

My homefill was working wonderfully, then it quit. The low O2 light stays on, but the O2 concentrator seems to be working fine. I pop the plastic fitting out that plugs into the homefill compressor and push on the little spring loaded fitting to release O2 and it works.

Next step is to take the back off and poke around a bit. Anyone ever run into a similar issue? Contacted Invacare for support?

Thanks,

Sparkey

Default Re: Homefill compressor issue

if the low o2 light is on, then the concentrator isn't working right or the light is broken(faulty)

If purity is low the homefill might not turn on. or the pressure maybe so reduced in the feed line that the piston rings are slipping air past them.

I like to run mine straight to the homefill heads, bypassing the purity metering device and the small bypass that leaks o2(by design), this ensures pressure at the seals and gives them a better chance to expand(sealing)
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    I like to run mine straight to the homefill heads, bypassing the purity metering device and the small bypass that leaks o2(by design), this ensures pressure at the seals and gives them a better chance to expand(sealing)
    Got a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Got a pic?
    I don't.

just open up the machine aka take off 4 screws on each machine and follow the air line, look for the area that it attaches to the homefills circuit board, that is the leak/bypass/purity junction, whatever you wanna call it. It bleeds of o2 from this spot by design and is a flaw imo, it reduces the input pressure, it may be slight, but it is a reduction. This reduction accompanied by other reduced pressure issues, like cold weather could definitely cause you a problem.

condensation is a no go with these machines, keep them in a dry controlled environment 50-80 degrees imo low humidity<60%

I bet the low o2 light on the concentrator is a leaky hose. again you need to open it up, look for leaks with soapy water in a spray bottle, or spit....lol

i could train a monkey to fix these.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

It wasn't anything internal. The the little plastic nipple wasn't quite seating deeply enough. I seated, re-seated, re-seated and re-seated again to get it working. As stated, in the original post, it wasn't low pressure from the concentrator.

It wasn't anything internal. The the little plastic nipple wasn't quite seating deeply enough. I seated, re-seated, re-seated and re-seated again to get it working. As stated, in the original post, it wasn't low pressure from the concentrator.
    hmm you didn't really state that in the original post...just sayin.

you said the plastic connection was providing o2, that was about it, unless people are supposed to read your mind...lol

just take the quick connect out and use a barb junction or a longer piece of hose...

and if you got it fixed, why come asking for me to post a picture.

i'll remember next time you start a thread 'asking" for help, that you already know the answer, seems to be a trending thing amongst your generation. lol
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by CripSkillz View Post
    look what came out of the woodwork...
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

I'm working on a come back finally got my spot to set up after my move n surgery's n other bs I won't bother you with but yes, I'm in the works of setting up shop again really can't wait to get back at it!

Quote Originally Posted by CripSkillz View Post
    I'm working on a come back finally got my spot to set up after my move n surgery's n other bs I won't bother you with but yes, I'm in the works of setting up shop again really can't wait to get back at it!
    Yeah!! Congrats!!

Quick update: Not fixed, says it is filling but nothing gets filled.

Salt City Glass was a great and friendly source of information by way of a phone call. There is a hidden "Concentrated Lampworkers" group on Facebook, also, where seals might be purchased. The first thing I'm going to do is perform a pressure test with bubbles to see if I can identify where the leak is.

Invacare makes the seals in non-standard sizes so that you cannot replace them off the shelf, then restricts the ability of their repair centers to sell them. Rumor is that seals 5-6, the last stage before it get's bottled, are the most problematic. Further bulletins as events warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    i'll remember next time you start a thread 'asking" for help, that you already know the answer, seems to be a trending thing amongst your generation. lol
    Gen X?

Yeah!! Congrats!!

Quick update: Not fixed, says it is filling but nothing gets filled.

Salt City Glass was a great and friendly source of information by way of a phone call. There is a hidden "Concentrated Lampworkers" group on Facebook, also, where seals might be purchased. The first thing I'm going to do is perform a pressure test with bubbles to see if I can identify where the leak is.

Invacare makes the seals in non-standard sizes so that you cannot replace them off the shelf, then restricts the ability of their repair centers to sell them. Rumor is that seals 5-6, the last stage before it get's bottled, are the most problematic. Further bulletins as events warrant.
    old news brah...lol

you can skip stages...

silly gen X

the seals are not hard to get, measure them and order custom seals.

I've ran the machine with only 3 stages out of the 5. There isn't 6.

the fill time was the same.
    Last edited by Mute; 12-22-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    naive

GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'