The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gunmounts by the pound

Default Gunmounts by the pound

Hi everybody!! It's been a little while since I've posted on here, but I just wanted to touch base and remind you all of my website www.gunmountsglass.com ! I have three colors of gunmounts available (White, pink, and blue) by the pound or quarter pound. The price per pound is $60 for the white, and $65 for the pink and blue and shipping inside the US is always FREE!!! So head on over to the site and check them out, or send me an email at Lamarsglass@gmail.com with any questions you might have!

For those not familiar, gunmounts are old bars of boro glass that were manufactured and used for CRT televisions. They discontinued making them after CRTs went the way of the dinosaur. Now they are actually quite rare, especially in good condition as most are obtained by breaking them out of old televisions. The ones I have for sale are directly from an old factory and were never used in TVs however, so they are actually in pristine condition. These bars are somewhat similar to the more modern borobars, however, they tend to contain much less air and are therefore much easier and smoother to work. As for the colors themselves, the white is my personal favorite as it is so easy to work compared to other whites, it is a semi-translucent white sort of like the china jade white in terms of look but so much easier to work. The pink and blue are less universal, but they are tones that you won't find in the modern color pallet, a really nice flesh tone pink when worked, and a cool blue-grey, again both are super easy to work compared to comparable colors!!

If you have any other questions, please email me at Lamarsglass@gmail.com as I don't check this site all that often, Thanks!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunmounts pink and white.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	93881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170724_160815_588.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	93882

Default Re: Gunmounts by the pound

WOW what a treat. I remember trying to find this stuff in 2002 when white boro glass was crap. Do you have any pics of the white used in an inside out application?
    Im offering free 1 hour lampworking lessons in the Alki and west Seattle area.

I don't have any photos of inside out work, as these tend not to work as well when drawn down to stringer size. The colors tend to get a bit fuzzy the more heat that's applied.

This month (March) I am running a %25 off sale on the website on everything but the newest product listing of 5lb bags. That means all pounds and quarter pounds are currently %25 until the end of the month. Just use the coupon code "marchmadness" at checkout for %25 off your entire order! (excluding 5lb bags). And on that note, we now have 5lb bags listed at a discount permanently!!

So go check out www.gunmountsglass.com this month and use coupon code "marchmadness" for %25 off!! And don't forget, shipping is always free inside the US! Thanks!!

If you have any questions, please direct them to lamarsglass@gmail.com

For the next week 7/09 - 7/17, all gunmounts are on sale %20 (excluding individual 5lb bags) at www.gunmountsglass.com . Just use the coupon code "710" at check out!!!!! Also, shipping inside the US is always free!!!! Now's a great time to give them a try if you haven't yet, or just re-up your stock! If you have any questions, please email me at LamarsGlass@gmail.com as I don't regularly check my private messages on this site. Thank you!!!!!

Let me get you into a vendors badge, So you can post in t he vendors glassifieds!

Oh wow, Thank you Axis!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunmounts.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	94166

Hey everyone! I'm currently running a sale on www.gunmountsglass.com: Buy one pound, get a second half off!! That means, when you add two separate pounds to your cart you'll automatically get half off of one of them. (And as always shipping is free inside the US) Currently, it's only set up to honor this deal one at a time on the website, however, if you are interested in more, please feel free to send me an email at Lamarsglass@gmail.com . I'll be running this sale through the end of March to celebrate my birthday month, so check it out on the site or if you have any questions send me an email, Thanks!!