The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oxycon woes

Default Oxycon woes

So my oxycon just decided to shit the bed and stop putting out oxygen. Right when i get a giant order that could pay my rent. Cant get ahold of anyone to help because bullshit quarantine. Hows everyone elses week going?

Default Re: Oxycon woes

I came home from work last Saturday and found my wife on the floor and called an ambulance - emergency operation. Took 2 weeks off work, now im caring for her, her disabled mother down the street and our 3 kids, all the shopping and cooking and cleaning, it takes my entire day and i get everybody down for the night just in time to get some torch time. Need the wifey back on her feet, didnt realize how much she really does until she went down. That was my week.

God damn Roadrunner. I cant imagine being in your shoes, i pray it all goes well and shes up and at em soon. If you don't mind me asking what happened?

Funny i was thinking the same thing about you, that i couldnt imagine losing my fire. Did u get some tanks to get by?
    She has a 10mm kidney stone, first attempt to remove it failed, trying again monday. Apparently thats double the size of the largest one a person can pass.

Yeah i found a place out where i am that sold me a brand new k tank for a great price so now my torch is ragin. Gotta make 100 pipes this week so im super grateful for it.

Ive had kidney stones multiple times so i understand her pain. Its excruciating to say the least. Everything will be fine though buddy, once its out she'll be back at it in a day or 2 tops. I went from not being able to stand to working in less than a day once i passed my first.

At my day job the layoffs are coming in waves so people have gotten ruthless with throwing others under the bus. Everyone is logging every little mistake they see anyone making and everyone talks shit behind others backs, hoping they can fling enough mud to make themselves look good enough to stay.

But i still have a job for now, im healthy, and i have food to eat. So i don't have too much to be upset about i suppose.

That sucks Apcmt1, I hope everything goes smoothly for you my man.

It sucks but with everything going on it makes me grateful for what i do have. I really feel for for some of the people we did let go permanently. Cant imagine what its like to do 1 specialized job for 20+ years then get let go when theres no demand for that particular skill outside of our plant. Im a machinist so i can go anywhere, that isnt the case for some though.