I haven't died or gotten bored with this yet! I'm still burning o2 and spinning glass, and some things are getting better. I've gotten to that part in the learning process where each new thing isn't exciting because it's new, it's exciting because its a step on the way to becoming better but I have a million steps to go and the pictures get less interesting over time. As someone who taught me Go used to say, screw up your first 1000 pieces swiftly. Here are some random pictures of me getting those first 1000 pieces out of the way.

Finally got the kiln wired up and firing! Smoked like my grandma on the first run, too. Last night was my first time playing around with garaging blanks as I worked on other stuff and it felt like I had a lot less problems with glass exploding than I usually do.

Stepping up my storage game. Doesn't help for long tubes and rods but has been a great place to park my colors and my precut tubes. I have extra parts (some GoG joints, marble molds, etc) in some drawers higher up in the unit. I really liked how this turned out and jsut need to find a better storage for the full size (4' or so) rods.

I'm playing with a new hollow form, a very simple hummingbird feeder. Very simple but sort of fun to work through the workflow myself instead of commiting a revere or torchtalk video to memory.

Hummingbird feeder mark2. Simple brilliant blue with some fuming.

Closeup of HBF#2

I wrapped some black tube with magic striking white. I really like the thin gold band from the interface layer but suspect it would be hard to control and reproduce nicely. I will probably be doing this combination a few times in the future to see if I can nail it with some practice.

Here is a good experiment:

A quick polka dot spoon, turned out OK.

Here are some not-so-good experiments:

A Moxxy mess! Tried to make a lil bowl out of brilliant blue rod, some magic white dots, and encased in clear. It did not bench cool nicely, blew off the tube I had it on, and cracked. Good practice drawing on clear tho.

Halfassed linework turned into a halfassed trash spoon.

Halfassed linework turned into a halfassed trash spoon.