The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Source for used Dewars?

Default Source for used Dewars?

Looking for a used Dewar - any sources for companies who refurbish them? So done with K tanks.

Looked into HVO - too expensive for me rn. @kovacglass has a build but I can't find a thorough build or some of the parts. Looked for something like it here but just found homefill stuff. If i can find a holding tank and a compressor that will run 2 10L I would go for it. But I am a little concerned about a homebuild system's reliability - or one from Oxygen Frog. I want something I don't have to worry about giving out on me in the middle of an order.

Hence liquid oxygen.

Thanks for looking.

Default Re: Source for used Dewars?

USA tank Tennessee 1 931 359 0741 ask for Mike tell him Craig sent you

Quote Originally Posted by chandson View Post
    USA tank Tennessee 1 931 359 0741 ask for Mike tell him Craig sent you
    Thanks!

I'm now thinking of going with a Kovac style HVLP oxy system. Got all the parts sourced except the concentrators. Waiting on a facebook sale but probably will go with Available Oxygen.

^i'd grab some invacares if possible. stay away from available imo.

been down this path, worth the build. not worth the $ for the cons from a 3rd party. something i learned the somewhat hard way. cons paid a lot. basically they were all glorified smaller cons rigged to perform as larger 10's...which they worked ok.

but actual 10's work better and can be found for a fraction of the price.

find midwest on here or look on craigslist etc, it's worth the extra work.

I was able to resale my cons to get my money back on that end but u can avoid that hiccup imo

PS U can use the oil-less compressors in the cons as the boosting pump for a HVO setup just switch or remove the pressure relief valve on the compressor head and replace with a higher pressure id keep it low though they can stall out kinda easy.

all you need basically is 4 cons, holding tank, pressure switch, plumbing.
    Last edited by Mute; 06-01-2021 at 05:41 AM.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    ^i'd grab some invacares if possible. stay away from available imo.

been down this path, worth the build. not worth the $ for the cons from a 3rd party. something i learned the somewhat hard way. cons paid a lot. basically they were all glorified smaller cons rigged to perform as larger 10's...which they worked ok.

but actual 10's work better and can be found for a fraction of the price.

find midwest on here or look on craigslist etc, it's worth the extra work.

I was able to resale my cons to get my money back on that end but u can avoid that hiccup imo

PS U can use the oil-less compressors in the cons as the boosting pump for a HVO setup just switch or remove the pressure relief valve on the compressor head and replace with a higher pressure id keep it low though they can stall out kinda easy.

all you need basically is 4 cons, holding tank, pressure switch, plumbing.
    AvailableOxygen are really selling off 5L's as 10L's? I came across someone else saying a different company was doing that too.

I've been scouring facebook and craiglist for concentrators with no luck so far. Some people are asking around 1k each - a little much for a used unit?!?

I'm trying to get some from a guy in Pheonix but he is dragging his feet on prices...

I've got a 60g tank on the way and was only going to get 2 10L concentrators (I have 2 5L's) - I'm running a phantom @40psi - am I wrong thinking that will be enough??

it would probably be enough. if i'm hearing u right...2 tens and 2 fives, for a total of about 24 lpm (dialed back on each to get good purity...8 on tens 4 on fives)

match that number to your compressor free air requirements (it doesn't have to be perfect)

keep looking for cons.

available o2 and all the others unlimited extreme etc they are all basicaly the same group of people selling machines that are usually rigged to work as higher lpm machines. They use smaller unit components mix matched here and there with a few tweaks to get the output they need. They work, don't get me wrong, but actual 10 lpm machines are better imo.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'